Not sure i would draft Fields | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not sure i would draft Fields

Wilson played against a lot of lower level teams and put up decent stats. In the one game they played against a quality opponent, Coastal Carolina, BYU lost and Wilson was very average.
‘He might end up being a lower level starter in the NFL or a career backup but I will be very surprised if he ends up being more than that in the NFL.

This is my concern with Wilson, I think he'll be over drafted, he's had one year of production against a far from stellar level of competition. Lawrence in the playoffs outside his freshman year shows the difference level of completion can make a prospect look.

I would take Fields, I just don't want to argue with the Tua fans here.

As we found out in the 200 page Tua thread it does no good.
You might be right but I suspect the Jets will likely draft Fields so you will get to see how Fields and Tua match up in the coming years.

You might be right but I suspect the Jets will likely draft Fields so you will get to see how Fields and Tua match up in the coming years.
I would suspect Tua would win many of those matchups on coaching and Miami's overall team talent. As I've said before Tua may turn out to be ok because of the assets Miami has to build with. To win a SB idk?

The Jets organization is a train wreck.

I think most of us have no interest in Fields.
most posters on here didn't want Herbert , this is where your gm and scouts come in and adv if fields or Wilson are better then tua. you have to give tua 2 more yrs if you believe he's the guy if not then serious decisions need to be made..

First, I wanted to draft Tua. I want to give him another year.

But, I also want to take another QB this year. I would prefer Fields, because of his size and strength and he has played in cold weather -- so Buffalo and NE won't be any issue. He can obviously take the hits. I think his deep ball is supreme. He does appear to need work on going through progressions, as most college QBs do.

If Fields is gone, I suggest trading down a bit to take Trey Lance. Pipe dream maybe. I sure do like the highlights of Wilson, but I haven't watched him enough. He has already had a shoulder surgery though. And he seems to do best when playing off schedule, like Mahomes. I see a bit of that in him. Maybe I will change my mind after seeing what some of the experts say.

In any case, I'll defer to Flores here. I think he knows the team well and I am still in that post-game funk.

most posters on here didn't want Herbert , this is where your gm and scouts come in and adv if fields or Wilson are better then tua. you have to give tua 2 more yrs if you believe he's the guy if not then serious decisions need to be made..

We won't be in position to draft a QB in the top 3 for a while, even though I hate the idea of passing up a Parson, Sewell or a top notch wr we have to double down and draft a QB.

Both Fields and Wilson have very good arms.They both have stuff to work on as well.

But not bad company for Wilson according to an article I copied...
Wilson has been impressive driving the ball downfield but is still in the process of developing his deep touch. Very few quarterbacks are able to throw downfield with touch. Some of these elites include Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers and rookie Justin Herbert. Wilson still has room to grow in his arcing shots, but with time can develop this crucial portion of his game for an explosive offense.

Back
Top Bottom