Nov. 6 Miami Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nov. 6 Miami Mock

MiamiDolfan85

DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY
Reaction score
1.)Micah Parsons, ILB Penn St.(6'3",244)[Houston top 6 pick]
-Playmaking LB, cmon innnnn. Also keeps Baker at weakside, and allow Van Ginkle and Van Noy to fill out top 4. Thats a respectable LBing corps now.

1b.)Carlos Bashum Jr. DE/DT Wake Forest(6'5",285)[our selection likely 14-19]
-The start to making this defense truly nasty. Thank you O'Brien!

2.)Josh Meyers, C Ohio St.(6'5",312)
-Lets go ahead and further solidify our line. Meyers looks to be a top Center in the draft.

2b.)Kenneth Gainwell, RB Memphis(5'11",191)
-Opted out of 2020. Memphis offense doesn't look as good without him. Major threat out of the backfield catching. Can take it to the house on any carry. Opting out at taking another year of hits is actually a very attractive feat.

3.)Tadarrell Slaton, NT Florida(6'3",363)
-When we switch to 3/4, we have a bona fide nose in the middle. Think of the combinations of Slaton, Bashum, Ogbah, Lawson, Zieler. Not to mention, I doubt Goddys gonna be resigned.

4.)Sage Suratt, WR Wake Forest(6'3",215)
-I've liked Suratt dating back to 2018. He's got a lot of skill. Reminds me of DeVante actually. Catches the ball at the highest point, & looks fluid.

5.)Spencer Brown, T Northern Iowa(6'9",329)
-Probably gonna need a swing tackle. Just in case Jack or Hunt or whoever is out, we need quality bodies.

6.)Richie Grant, S Central Florida(6'0",194)
-Grant slips in a crazy deep defensive draft. We get a role player, with room to grow.

6b.)Chase Lucas, CB Arizona St.(6'0",175)
-Lucas is a solid corner. Not a starter, but should be able to contribute at times if needed.

6c.)Dustin Crum, QB Kent St.(6'3",201)
-Just kinda have to grab a QB, huh. Been through way too much not too.

7.)Bryce Foxworth, G/C Southern Miss(6'3",314)
-Steady blocker, with 3 years of experience.

That's a playoff draft right there!

If the Dolphins end up with only the two 1st round picks, they’d better not both be used on the defensive side of the ball.

You may like this mock, but I sure don’t. Doesn’t address the biggest need.

I really like this draft. Parsons is the player I want most if Miami doesn't trade out of that spot.

Not sold on those DE's in the draft so I think Bashan is kind of risky. That said, I could see the Dolphins taking a chance on someone early...Jones, Paye, Hutchison. A hit there and I agree Miami's defense could be something truly special.

Love Meyers, but hope the Dolphins sign Karras long-term. Then maybe go top wr there.

Surratt in the 4th would be a major steal. I don't think you can wait that long on wr.

I like Gainwell too, not sure we would have to get him that high, but he might be creeping up the draft boards for sure.

My 2021 Mock

1- 7 Gregory Rousseau DE

1- 14 DeVonta Smith WR

2- 39 Andre Cisco S

2- 46 Tedarrell Slaton NT/DT

3- 78 Kenneth Gainwell RB

4-116 Dillon Radunz OT

4- 124 Dayo Odeyingbo DE

6- 208 Kekaula Kaniho S

6- 209 Rhamondre Stevenson RB

7- 229 Tariquios Tisdale DE

Going all D in Round 1 may be the way the board falls but not many are going to like it.

I would be more comfortable looking for a DE outside Round 1 this year.

My guess is WR is going to be what the board dictates in the middle of Round 1 with the Fins own pick. Using Houston's on a dynamic LB like Parsons would be great but i fear the Texans may play their way out of his range and a trade down might be the Fins best move with that pick.

If the Dolphins end up with only the two 1st round picks, they’d better not both be used on the defensive side of the ball.

You may like this mock, but I sure don’t. Doesn’t address the biggest need.

I love the Idea of taking Micah (Depending how he looks when he works out), but with the second 1st, we have to get a receiver urgently.

I like and think DeVonta Smith will be there when we possibly pick extremely late in the 1st round (Hint...hint) with our original 1st round, but if Parsons is not there with the Texan pick, I have no problem taking Chase, Smith, Waddle, or even Moore early in the top ten (Depending how they look in the Combine, and personal workouts).

I have no problem taking a pass-rushing DE, but it should not be in the 1st, and Karras is doing well, getying even better each week, so though taking a Center/Guard is not a horrible idea, taking one that early is.

I like Parsons. I don't like a WR with a high first.

Yea, after writing that, I also thought about it a bit, and though also not excited about doing it, I might close my eyes on Chase or Smith, not so muchnon the other two.

Love their potential in Miami too much not to take a shot if they're still there, and no other defensive or offensive player inspired me as much.

If I was in charge, and Parsons was no longer there, I might try hard to trade down.

Just hoping hard when we pick with the Texan's pick that Parsons is there, make everything so much easier.

I like quite a few of those players listed.

Id prefer an OL with one of our first two picks but I’m not about to pass on a better player on defense just to force it.

If we end up with Parsons I’ll be happy. That means we got value as he’s the second best prospect in the draft (QBs excluded).

Basham is a fine prospect. Late first is where he appears in most mocks, I think he could still rise.

Myers is a little high, big gap between Humphrey and the rest of the centers. I’d prefer him in the 3rd round.

Sage Surat and Richie Grant aren’t lasting to the 4th and 6th rounds, respectively.

Back
Top Bottom