Now That The Patriots Are Crippled... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now That The Patriots Are Crippled...

I'd say our chances increased, it's still Brady & Belichick though. We can play our best game against them and still win by only 3 points. I think we'll steal a game from them this year but a WR corp of Amendola, Llyod (if they resign him), rookie Boyce, and rookie Dobson won't be that bad especially if Gronk is healthy.

look, the brady-belichick thing is about game planning and adjusting to what defense is doing.

in the first game vs us it was all based around hernandez. welker was the filler on hot reads. neither one of those guys are here.

The pats are going to start implementing rb's more into there game plan. they do have two rookie wr's to keep your eye on second half of season.

all we have to do is not give them easy td's on turnovers and get to brady while putting up 24 points.

I'm worried that Belichick could pick up Legadu Naaneeee and Roberto Wallace and Tom Brady could turn them into Pro Bowler WRs.
Also interested in knowing which other Patriot players used to stay at Aaron Hernandez's flop apartment. (Police said that other players used to stay there). Which players? Why? What else did they do with Hernandez? This isn't over yet.

Brady is very good, but some of you act as if he's the best QB to ever play in the NFL. He's getting older and he's never been very mobile. He has average arm strength and needs to set and step into his throws. When he's pressured or flushed out of the pocket he loses velocity and accuracy.
That offense is also a timing offense and his WR's will need to get their timing down with him.
The Pats were a good (not great) team last yr and were dominated by the 49'ers (in New England). The final score was deceptively close because the 49'ers played soft in the 2nd half. The Ravens also dominated them in the AFC title game. I think the 2013 Pats have declined from 2012.
While they deserve respect, they do not warrant being feared or placed on some unattainable pedestal.

they are hardly crippled they still have Brady that is all that matters. They are still a 10+ win team

They're on the cusp of a 10 win team. Brady or not, one more hit to the team on either offense or defense and they aren't making the playoffs this year. They're good but they're not invincible. As it stands right now they aren't scoring 30ppg as they did in the past. That makes them beatable

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

[video=youtube_share;xAdzBaPDmJk]http://youtu.be/xAdzBaPDmJk[/video]

I think the Patriots are going to fall to the wayside along with the Jets. The 80's are going to come back, and it's going to be the Fins, and Bills battling it out, with us being on top.

I think the Patriots are going to fall to the wayside along with the Jets. The 80's are going to come back, and it's going to be the Fins, and Bills battling it out, with us being on top.

:lol: And while I'm at it, **** the Bills too!

The patriots were 12-4 last year. They have lost 70% of their offense. There is no way they're a 10 win team. Tom Brady is a great QB but he's not perfect and the Patriot offense will struggle mightily this year. Unless of course some one can show me an example of a team that lost every meaningful receiver and still won 12 games.

I've said it before.... I'll say it again.....9 wins max for them

To put things in perspective: Even after losing their best WRs and TEs from last year, the Pats STILL have better WRs and TEs than we had last year. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

And, with an injury to Wallace, God forbid, they still have more talent at WR and TE than does Miami.

Before you guys go all crazy, you need to do a reality check with the "talent" that you were so high on, here in Miami last year. And the stuff act like is "top level" at WR positions 2, 3 and 4 -- here in Miami.

Only in Miami do people get high on mediocre talent, lol. SMH.

With all the hits at WR and TE, NE has much better talent than we had last year. And still have Brady.

So put that into the probability pipe and smoke it for awhile.

LD

You are delusional, it seems that you are the one smoking something!!

I think that everyone is looking at this subject from the wrong perspective... NE losing starters has VERY LITTLE to do with Miami 's chances of finally beating them. For years now, Miami has been one of the few teams in the league that for some unknown reason has usually been able to slow down the Pat's high-powered offense, no matter who NE had at TE, WR, or RB. Miami normally does a decent job of putting pressure on Brady, and we all know how that ruins his game. The reason why Miami keeps losing is simple: it's poor offensive playcalling and the inability to score TDs. The defense can only hold NE (or any other quality team) for so long; the offense must do their job, too. If Tannehill can be even just a little above average, and a few offensive "playmakers" can find the endzone often enough so that they can average more than 18 points per game, then Miami should have no problem beating NE. Last season, with a below-average offense, they beat Seattle and went toe-to-toe (for most of the game) with the 49ers. Miami's offense has been their Achilles' Heel for years now... and once they get a real offense they'll be back among the elite.

To put things in perspective: Even after losing their best WRs and TEs from last year, the Pats STILL have better WRs and TEs than we had last year. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

And, with an injury to Wallace, God forbid, they still have more talent at WR and TE than does Miami.

Before you guys go all crazy, you need to do a reality check with the "talent" that you were so high on, here in Miami last year. And the stuff act like is "top level" at WR positions 2, 3 and 4 -- here in Miami.

Only in Miami do people get high on mediocre talent, lol. SMH.

With all the hits at WR and TE, NE has much better talent than we had last year. And still have Brady.

So put that into the probability pipe and smoke it for awhile.

So why throw the "and with an injury to Wallace"????

Right now with Hernadez gone and Gronk on his 57th surgery we are in better shape at tight end with Keller's experience .WR We are also in better shape.

Besides Brady's arm and his lack of good receivers, what are their other strengths (when they play our squad) on the field offensively speaking? Their running game? If so, can we contain that aspect of their offensive game? If not, what point of attack must we focus on mostly? Is it just getting to Brady that will place us in the win column when we play them? Curious.

Back
Top Bottom