Now THAT'S more like it, Joe!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now THAT'S more like it, Joe!!!

I hear the same thing from everybody who sees Hadnot play....They all say he is a monster......

Did we find a diamond in the rough? I hope so.....

As for the 5 wide empty backfield thing......well...that's predictable....we have to throw the kitchen sink at people now because we don't have RW.

Section126 said:
As for the 5 wide empty backfield thing......well...that's predictable....we have to throw the kitchen sink at people now because we don't have RW.

I love 5 wide. Yeah, it's a sign that we can't run... but this can confuse the hell out of defenses if it's done right, not to mention some of the mismatches that it creates.

Usually they keep the rb in the formation so they have the option audible to a running play.

One of the benefits of our offense not knowing what it's going to do is that defenses will have a really tough time game planning for us.

Think about it ... was there an easier team to scout and prepare for than the Dolphins last season? Now, with an offense full of unknown quantity and an offensive gameplan designed by a committee, who knows?

One thing's for sure: opponents can't just count on being better than us from a talent standpoint. :smackhead They're going to have to be ready for anything.

Section126 said:
I hear the same thing from everybody who sees Hadnot play....They all say he is a monster......

Did we find a diamond in the rough? I hope so......

Unlike last years draft I think we will. I thought Will Poole and Derrick Pope would prove to be the steals. Now we're hearing that little known Rex Hadnot is a sleeper.

So far my only disappointments (based on reports) have been Vernon Carey based upon the high pick and Tony Pape. I think Pape will have trouble standing out in the reports though as all of our offensive linemen are big question marks.

DrAstroZoom said:
One of the benefits of our offense not knowing what it's going to do is that defenses will have a really tough time game planning for us.

Think about it ... was there an easier team to scout and prepare for than the Dolphins last season? Now, with an offense full of unknown quantity and an offensive gameplan designed by a committee, who knows?

One thing's for sure: opponents can't just count on being better than us from a talent standpoint. :smackhead They're going to have to be ready for anything.

Well that works well the first few weeks in the season...but we better have more than one trick and have legit threats that opposing defenses struggle to account for...else the weaknesses will get exposed and a new blueprint on how to defeat Miami will be xeroxed across the league. :(

I think Vernon Carey's struggles are to be expected. A guy like Gallery, yeah.....you don't expect him to struggle much because he's one of those rare guys coming out. But Carey was your normal "elite" kind of guy. He's never even faced guys like T.J. Bingham before.

I remember a few years ago that when Chris Samuels arrived in Washington, he got whipped like a red-headed stepchild. First two plays from scrimmage, some unknown camp body went right around him to the QB. Kind of a "Welcome to the NFL" message.

It's just a huge jump for someone out there in space.

Muck said:
I remember a few years ago that when Chris Samuels arrived in Washington, he got whipped like a red-headed stepchild. .

Muck......would you whip your stepchild if he was red-headed?

That's just mean........You have anger issues..... :roflmao: ;)

_dan24 said:
I love 5 wide. Yeah, it's a sign that we can't run... but this can confuse the hell out of defenses if it's done right, not to mention some of the mismatches that it creates.

Usually they keep the rb in the formation so they have the option audible to a running play.
Yep and Travis is far more effective than Ricky in that capacity.

Superself said:
Well that works well the first few weeks in the season...but we better have more than one trick and have legit threats that opposing defenses struggle to account for...else the weaknesses will get exposed and a new blueprint on how to defeat Miami will be xeroxed across the league. :(
I think you can still get a copy of our playbook on ebay.:chuckle:

It looks as if they will be a bit more wide open than the last several years. No more (hopefully) of 1st run between the tackles, 2nd down run between the tackles, 3rd down pass. Keep wanny from the offensive play calling and make things a little more difficult for the D coordinators to guess what we will do.

Back
Top Bottom