Now what ? 2020 QB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now what ? 2020 QB?

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Burrows get drafted by the Bengals firat overall.
Tua will probably drastically slide due to his most recent injury.
Whats our Plan C for QB?

Tua’s not going to slide if he recovers.

Regardless this team can improve by leaps and bounds with 2 OL, 2 DL, 2 DBs and a RB.

Build up the roster and let the right QB find us.

I’d rather start a rookie in 2021 with a better team than draft a QB simply because he’s available.

This team needs sooooooo much talent.

Tua lands in our lap, I'm rolling the dice on the kid, even if he has to sit out 2020. If that doesn't happen because he doesn't declare or he's gone before we pick. I take Andrew Thomas, Chase young or a trade down with our first, if Herbert is there at our 2nd pick or in our trade down, I take him. If not I'm re-focusing on the 2021 draft class and building up stock for that.

I'd still draft Tua...with out last pick in the first.

Burrows get drafted by the Bengals firat overall.
Tua will probably drastically slide due to his most recent injury.
Whats our Plan C for QB?
At this point, I'd say Herbert with our 3rd rd1 pick, if he's still there.

Even if that happens, sit him for a year, and start Rosen, at least initially.

I would put the chances that Tua doesn't enter the draft at about 30-50 percent right now. He's either gonna come out and know he is gonna get drafted and paid well below his talent would dictate, but at least have the guarantee of some pay day, or he could gamble on himself, hope his hip socket won't develop AVN and be arthritic, and if so get drafted at a level far more appropriate for his talent level.

At this point, I'd say Herbert with our 3rd rd1 pick, if he's still there.

Even if that happens, sit him for a year, and start Rosen, at least initially.

I doubt Herbert will still be there. The same weaknesses this roster has that prevent Rosen from excelling with also prevent Herbert. I'd say let another team draft him and they may get good value. Not a fithere.

If Tua is the qb everybody was saying he was before the injury, wouldn't he be worth drafting early in the 1st round and red shirting him a year? I mean if he's a sure thing top 5 NFL qb than waiting a year should be no big deal. I'm not saying they should or shouldn't draft him, just that if you were sold on him being an elite NFL qb I wouldn't let having to wait a year to see him play change your mind.

I'm of two minds about it. On the one hand it makes sense to me to get your QB sooner rather than later if you're rebuilding from scratch. If the team is only going to get better it becomes more difficult to get a top QB in 2021 and then again in 2022. So maybe take Herbert, Fromm, or Eason with 1a or 1b. On the other hand, this draft seems to have a ton of talent at almost every position. Maybe try to trade back from 1a and fill the roster, then leverage 2022 or 2023 picks for a QB in 2021 or 2022 respectively, guessing that those future draft classes are unlikely to be as strong as this one.

Eason in the second.

He sits while Rosen starts. Keep Fitzpatrick in the room.

Back
Top Bottom