Now what ? 2020 QB? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now what ? 2020 QB?

I understand, but everyone assumes they were locked in on Tua. Seems like they’ve been doing their homework, and looking at multiple prospects.

They may have been 99 percent convinced Tua was the guy at #1 if they had it but of course they would be scouting everyone at this stage of the game.

Chase Young first pick. Jalen Hurts the 2nd pick and Tyler B with our 3rd first round pick. I was dead set against a running qb but I feel this owner last year wanted Jackson who brings a different dynamic will be pushing hard for Hurts.

No it's not. You can't draft the answer at QB if the guy's weaknesses will be exposed repeatedly on our team. Yes, all QB's will struggle when the line sucks. But the reason why Fitz is starting on this team and Rosen isn't is because Fitz struggle's less. The team is too afraid that a Rosen offense will be a non-starter on this team to even throw him out there to evaluate.

I'm not gonna act like NFL teams don't tend to draft who they perceive as the most talented without evaluating whether or not that player will have success in their system. The do. The things is, NFL teams can be pretty dumb. They miss on more QB's than they hit on. They draft guys like Jamarcus Russell and EJ Manuel highly.
I'm not going to argue with you, as you believe you are, by your own statement, smarter than many NFL executives.

I do disagree with your portrayal of why Fitz is starting. He is starting because, at this point, he makes quicker reads, and decisions. With his experience, he has seen it all, in every situation. No young QB can be expected to do the same, without some help from the O-line, and by extension, a running game.

I would draft Tua no matter the cost.
He is a special player.
I dont think he will slide.
He will recover and sit for a year while the team builds the protection.
If we lose out and dont draft him, take the BPA.

If he doesn't slide then team's are stupid. Yes he's talented, but a hip that is fractured like that is about as likely as not to develop problems with the joint that will prevent playing football again.

I still don’t think Miami will have a top 3 pick but I’m all about Chase Young, Creed Humphrey so far in round one. I’m not sure what I’m doing with the other 1st round pick yet but I’m leaning Jordan Love.

I'm awful at evaluating OL, so feel free to disregard everything I say next. Watched Creed closely against Baylor last night, not really paid a lot of attention to him prior to this, can't say I was really that impressed, he also had a horrendous snap he was lucky Hurts bailed him out of. Think 3 (if that's where we end up is way too high for him), although I suspect you were targeting him with the steelers pick.

Bengals will take Burrow, you can probably bank that now, the second pick will shape the rest of the draft, the Skins could go any one of three ways Tua, Thomas or Chase. I think Tua's injury is going to put them out of that scenario, depends on what they want to do first rebuild their line or get the pass rush, can also see them looking for a buyer for that pick.

My only concern with Burrow is he doesn't seem to get a whole lot of velocity on most of his passes. Hopefully he's not a Kellen Moore type.

Ppl keep saying this, but this injury has a longer recovery time, than exists before the draft.

Why is that so hard to comprehend?

If you say you are willing to risk it, fine, but it is likely not possible to know for sure.

When I say slide, I mean to the second round.

2nd or 3rd overall isn’t possible if he can’t workout.

I was never a big fan of his to begin with so I think his play would be to enter next years draft of healthy.

Has his recovery time been established?

I'm of two minds about it. On the one hand it makes sense to me to get your QB sooner rather than later if you're rebuilding from scratch. If the team is only going to get better it becomes more difficult to get a top QB in 2021 and then again in 2022. So maybe take Herbert, Fromm, or Eason with 1a or 1b. On the other hand, this draft seems to have a ton of talent at almost every position. Maybe try to trade back from 1a and fill the roster, then leverage 2022 or 2023 picks for a QB in 2021 or 2022 respectively, guessing that those future draft classes are unlikely to be as strong as this one.
The 2021 class is shaping up to be a good one.

I'm awful at evaluating OL, so feel free to disregard everything I say next. Watched Creed closely against Baylor last night, not really paid a lot of attention to him prior to this, can't say I was really that impressed, he also had a horrendous snap he was lucky Hurts bailed him out of. Think 3 (if that's where we end up is way too high for him), although I suspect you were targeting him with the steelers pick.

Bengals will take Burrow, you can probably bank that now, the second pick will shape the rest of the draft, the Skins could go any one of three ways Tua, Thomas or Chase. I think Tua's injury is going to put them out of that scenario, depends on what they want to do first rebuild their line or get the pass rush, can also see them looking for a buyer for that pick.
I feel the same way. I think Washington is a seller at #2. A team looking to come up for Herbert, will probably be actively looking to trade for that pick. Miami may lose out on both Burrow and Herbert. I'm not convinced Tua, will be a high 1st round pick. Too many question marks after his latest injury.

I have been thinking that if the doctors clear Tua, the Dolphins will end up selecting him with their first pick. I think they will build up their defense and OL in the draft and free agency and go with a veteran QB to begin next season while letting Tua have more time to ensure his hip is completely healed. Of course this scenario will only happen if the Dolphins medical staff are fully confident Tua can recover from his latest injury.

If he isn’t medically cleared to play, the Dolphins should just go with Rosen or another veteran QB in 2020 and hope they can find their future QB in the 2021 draft. Other than Burrow orTua if healthy, I really don’t see any other QB’s in the 2020 draft who appears to be a franchise type QB.

When I say slide, I mean to the second round.

2nd or 3rd overall isn’t possible if he can’t workout.

I was never a big fan of his to begin with so I think his play would be to enter next years draft of healthy.

Has his recovery time been established?
I went to the trouble of doing some research. Obviously, not all situations are equal. He's not an 80 yr old grandma, who's fallen, and cant get up.

The prognosis for the dislocation, and additional fracture is 6 month put full weight, a year for normal activity.

There isn't a lot of data for world class athletes, returning to form.

Back
Top Bottom