Now what ? 2020 QB? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now what ? 2020 QB?

Forgive him, if he was really there in '72, he maybe senile.
I think you're on to something. He mentioned taking his marbles and going home. That's definitely old school. Most millennials would say they're taking their ball and going home. The last time I played marbles at school was '81, I think?

The only aspect of Burrow's game that I find concerning is that I generally hate to see QBs running with the ball, and he does this more than I'm comfortable with.
That said, I'd wouldn't scream if we took him, though I'd have reservations.
The healthy tua would make Burrow look like a statue. But now he's not healthy BECAUSE of his almighty mobility.

Burrow only runs as much as the position has historically demanded.

So-called "dual-threat" QBs are injury magnets and that does not translate to the NFL.

I would put the chances that Tua doesn't enter the draft at about 30-50 percent right now. He's either gonna come out and know he is gonna get drafted and paid well below his talent would dictate, but at least have the guarantee of some pay day, or he could gamble on himself, hope his hip socket won't develop AVN and be arthritic, and if so get drafted at a level far more appropriate for his talent level.
Are they really any better, or just younger? I realize Tua is very talented, but are we really going to throw away another season just for a chance he might recover and be able to play? I for one hope not. Maybe the bengals will draft Herbert, the redskins will take young, and Burrow falls to us. That’s seems more realistic IMO
Redskins look like they need Qb too. One yr starter in college. He look lost in pros.. these qb are being over draft in nfl. That why so much of them suck..

I would put the chances that Tua doesn't enter the draft at about 30-50 percent right now. He's either gonna come out and know he is gonna get drafted and paid well below his talent would dictate, but at least have the guarantee of some pay day, or he could gamble on himself, hope his hip socket won't develop AVN and be arthritic, and if so get drafted at a level far more appropriate for his talent level.
Are they really any better, or just younger? I realize Tua is very talented, but are we really going to throw away another season just for a chance he might recover and be able to play? I for one hope not. Maybe the bengals will draft Herbert, the redskins will take young, and Burrow falls to us. That’s seems more realistic IMO

Tua is worth letting him sit yr. He need heal. All depend on what round u select him now. He still junior in college. Injury is big concern. NFL is faster than college. Jackson is getting away w it now but how long that going last.

Redskins look like they need Qb too. One yr starter in college. He look lost in pros.. these qb are being over draft in nfl. That why so much of them suck..
I agree that the Redskins will likely be looking to draft a QB. They will have a new HC and you have to wonder if that new HC wants to tie his future to Haskins. The Bengals will definitely draft a QB and that QB will probably be Burrow. If the Redskins draft Herbert before the Dolphins select, I just don’t see the Dolphins drafting a QB in the first round. I think they will give Rosen a chance to win the job next year and they will keep Fitzpatrick on the team or sign another veteran QB for the 2020 season.

I think there is a good possibility that it will be the 2021 draft before the Dolphins draft a QB in the first round If Rosen doesn’t work out.

Tua is injury prone. Yall want our 1st pick to be a QB coming off hip surgery??? Not to mention the other injuries he has had. I’m passing on him, now if he’s there in 2nd then I’ll roll the dice.

Tua is injury prone. Yall want our 1st pick to be a QB coming off hip surgery??? Not to mention the other injuries he has had. I’m passing on him, now if he’s there in 2nd then I’ll roll the dice.
He might still be on board in round 4. All depend on how serious his injury are.

I really want the team to get a multi-dimensional quarterback. The top 10 in the NFL are almost all in that category minus Brady.

Tua was that kind of player, but without the injury he might not have been available at Miami's pick.

Perhaps the team is best served to load up on BPA and take a stab at a developmental quarterback like Love in the draft.

Herbert is probably the most likely scenario, but I'm just not sure with him.

No thank-you: a QB that would sit for a year, risk further injury, or need Revision or Second Hip Replacement Surgery. ... 10 years after a hip replacement, there is a 90 percent chance the implant will be functioning well.

I think you draft Tua with one of the 1st round picks and then double-up with a 2nd or 3rd round QB. Jalen Hurts or Jordan Love if available, as insurance. Let the chips fall where they may.
Hurts might be an option. Keep forgetting about him.

Back
Top Bottom