NY Fans = Scum of the World | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NY Fans = Scum of the World

opfinistic said:
I've spent 16+ years in the hospitality business in Florida and the only ******* I've seen bigger than a New Yorker is the one on the back of an elephant.

But I've met some that are cool, too.

ALL tourists are jerks...

I get them here from Phila and Canada too...

You can't judge a city by the people that go on vacation....

EDIT: In fact...take a stroll around Times Square one day.... ALL those people wandering around with cameras? NONE of those people are from NYC. They're all from somewhere else (Perhaps Fla?) and they're all jerks....

pigskinguy said:
Well, we all know NYC is filled with a bunch of classless a-holes. Doesn't suprise me one bit.
And we all Know Miami is filled with Illeagal, jobless Cubans..

Boik14 said:
Youre not disillusioning me. That survery cant possibly be right cause half the retirees we send to you are too old to even write or see. You can pick them out by sorting through nursing homes and gated communities. Seriously, its sarcasm. Its no more expensive there then it is up here; if anything its still less in many areas. Get over yourself.

The survey is called the U.S. Census.

There are parts of Florida that retirees are moving to, but you are mostly talking about North Florida.

South florida has become too expensive for retirees. And yes, NYC is also too expensive.

Luckily there are more than two cities in the world :goof:

Here is what US News & World Report had to say:

"Go west, not-so-young man
Florida is no longer the preferred choice as a retirement haven

Top 10 Most Popular Retirement Cities

1 Las Vegas 86.2 pct.

2 Phoenix-Mesa 38.0 pct.

3 Austin-San Marcos 37.3 pct.

4 Houston-Galveston-Brazoria 31.8 pct.

5 Atlanta 30.8 pct.

6 Orlando 28.8 pct.

7 Sacramento-Yolo, Calif. 27.8 pct.

8 Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, N.C. 25.8 pct.

9 Denver-Boulder-Greeley 25.8 pct.

10 Dallas-Fort Worth 25.1 pct.

Today's retirement magnets are university towns, resort destinations, and suburban oases of major cities. They are small cities like Oxford, Miss.; Madison, Wis.; and Medford, Ore. They are regions like the Pacific Northwest, the Texas Hill Country, and the Ozarks.

Retirees are flooding into new developments in America's desert Southwest and the Rockies. Between 1990 and 2000, according to census data, Nevada showed the greatest percentage increase among all states in people 65 and older (72 percent), followed by Alaska (60 percent), Arizona (39 percent), and New Mexico (30 percent). The over-65 populations in Phoenix, San Antonio, Denver, and Las Cruces, N.M., all showed double-digit growth rates during the '90s.

No metropolitan region saw bigger gains than Nevada's Las Vegas Valley. Between 1990 and 2000, the over-65 population in the Las Vegas metro area grew 86 percent--from about 99,000 to more than 184,000. Most of these new recruits are buying into fast-growing suburbs like Henderson, which until recently was an industrial outpost. Today, it is the second-largest city in Nevada, boasting four retirement communities, a senior center, and eight golf courses."

nephinsfan said:
Don't need to. all i had to see was NYC and A-holes. made sense to me!

It's a shame that you think that...

you just insulted (or helped insult) a pretty large portion of the site's membership by making that stereotypical, unenlightened comment...

pity you aren't more open minded...

nephinsfan said:
Don't need to. all i had to see was NYC and A-holes. made sense to me!

But you, obviously, are a gentleman and a scholar.

BZ

This really has NOTHING to do with NYC, Florida, Philly, or NJ, it has to do with ANY f****** p**** that had to open their mouths and insult these poor people who lost everything they had and almost their lives. For people to insult all of NYC is wrong. It's about the heartless a** holes who opened their mouths. PERIOD.

Back
Top Bottom