O-gun For Edge!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O-gun For Edge!!

16wins4fins said:
what is kenny holmes age .what are his $$$ demands
and edge for ogun only in our dreams
we can have edge for free next year when he is an ufa .so sign ogun let tm and sm do their job they are getting payed for .plus they both look hungry and i dont mean the munchies

Yes, this is the point every one should be thinking about. Sign Ogun, play RB by committee this year and get Edge for free next year. I wish fans would just give up on the notion that we have to trade for a RB now. Lets play on.

marke29 said:
well o gun is a bit overrated i think, with all the double teams on JT, he should get all those sacks,r

How many times are we going to hear this incorrect statement before people finally realize that it's simply not true.

as they said in the first Major League movie... "There's only one thing left to do! Win the whole f-ing thing!!!"

i think it would be a good trade... Ogun is a nobody who profited off of JT's abilities. If not for JT on the other side, ogun wouldn't have been as successful. He may be above average, but he's not exraordinary. Plus, he wan't way to much money. He's had one good year, but so does everyone else who plays opposite JT, and then when they get shipped off to another team for thinking they are worth more than they are, they get shut down, because everyone starts to Dbl team them. I say ship him away, and then put someone else on the line, and watch them start to get a good number of sacks in 2005. Just start creating machienes at DE, and ship them off for other teams good players.

Minor has never impressed me, and morris isn't gonna be able to handle 30+ carries a game. With Minor, Morris, they may be able to do like 10-15 each a game, but running back by committee just isn't for me. You need a feature back, and this guy was, is and will be one for a lot of year....

I'm miamifan1354, and I'm running for president....

don't know why, just thought that needed to be said..

Looks like KB beat me to it. Thanks

KBISBACK said:
Ogunleye saw his fair share of double teams LAST YEAR, which is something that continues to be ignored. I really wonder how many of you paid attention to what really happened. Ogunleye saw just as many double team's as Jason Taylor did. It has been his presence at the opposite end that has kept teams from rolling their blocking schemes toward Jason Taylor. Continue to think that Ogunleye is overrated. You will see just how valuable he is when David Bowens doesn't command the double teams at end, allowing teams to roll their blocking schemes towards JT once again. Bowens won't be productive enough in one on one situations to offset that either. It will be just like having Kenny Mixon over there again. We will get 2-5 sacks out of that position.

Krisback, as always you're making too much sense. Now if only people would listen to you maybe we wouldn't see so many of these trade O-Gun for _____ (fill in the blank) every day.

I'm not saying that JT was dbl teamed every down, but look at history. everyone who's lined up on the other side of the line as JT becomes successful, and then they get shipped away, and poof, career falls off. There has to be some kind of connection

Yup. The Kenny Holmes thing gives the story a little more validity. We sign Holmes, then do Ogunleye to a big contract and trade him.

I still find it hard to believe that Edge would want to leave Peyton though. Could be interesting.

It all depends on which Edge we would get??? If it's a healthy E James, then we'd be stupid not to do the trade...but he hasn't been the same since his injury, so it's a tough call. If it's true, I'd be leaining towards doing it, especially since there is a chance we could get nothing for OGun if he does decide to sit out

Ok ppl. I think we all know how reliable ESPN is. And on top of this it was just someone calling in. I don't really care either way. I'm not for paying this guy for just one great year. He still needs to prove himself. He can sit his punk a** out for the whole year for all I care. After that who's gonna want him?

we could franchise him next season if he sits out and becomes a UFA, so technically we wouldnt exactly get nothing in return. we could at least make a reasonable compensation instead of a first and third like we were asking for him this year

While I'm here, I'll dispell this notion that Edge is a declining player.

Last season, in the second year after his ACL injury, Edgerrin James rebounded to form and averaged 4.1 ypc on 310 rushes and scored 11 touchdowns. This falls right in line with his 1999 and 2000 numbers, with the exception that he wasn't getting the ball nearly as much as he did in 1999 and 2000.

Edge's workload in 1999 and 2000 wasn't that far off from Ricky's workload either. In 1999, Edge carried the ball 369 times. That was 88% of Indianapolis's rushing attempts. In 2000, Edge carried the ball 387 times, which was 89% of Indy's rushing attempts. Edge also caught 125 passes combined in those two seasons.

MiamiFan1354 said:
I'm not saying that JT was dbl teamed every down, but look at history. everyone who's lined up on the other side of the line as JT becomes successful, and then they get shipped away, and poof, career falls off. There has to be some kind of connection

Kenny Mixon was successful? He had a TOTAL of 5 sacks in his 4 seasons in Miami. They took him out on passing downs because he couldn't rush the passer, no matter how much attention JT was drawing on the other side.

The only defensive end that has done well opposite JT, outside of Ogunleye, is Trace Armstrong, and he was a proven pass rusher before JT ever came along.

Lorenzo Bromell got his sacks when he rushed out of the defensive tackle spot. Miami rarely played him at defensive end.

It was until Adewale Ogunleye emerged in 2002 that Miami had a complete defensive end opposite Jason Taylor. As a result, Jason Taylor's numbers over the past two years are the best in his career. Why? He finally has someone on the other end that takes pressure off him.

You aren't going to fine anyone outside of Michael Strahan that has the speed rushing ability, the power rushing ability, and the ability to hold up against the run that Ogunleye has.

Dredd1050 said:
Just heard on ESPN radio up here in NJ that there is a rumor going around that a sign and trade might get done between Miami and the Colts that would send O-Gun to Indy this year and bring Edge to Miami. Not sure of the validity, but it's circulating. I'll keep everyone informed.
I LIVE IN NJ ALSO I DIDN'T HEAR IT AT ALL ON ESPN...:confused:

Kenny Holmes, isn't he in his early 50s? JK, he's getting up there if I'm thinking of the right guy, ex U of M player.

Back
Top Bottom