O-Gun must report by the 7th game of the season... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O-Gun must report by the 7th game of the season...

inFINSible said:
Link

Apparently Miami could have suspended O-Gun for three games had he waited to show up until the last 6 games...thus voiding his accrued season....

Damn! Drew dug out our ace in the hole... :(

THIS says a bit different. The hearld link won't come up and the S-S says that he has to SIGN the tender after the 7th gm and then report for the final 6 gms.

Yes he has to be available for 6 games he doesn't have to play. The reason he will come back after 7 is because the Dolphins can suspend him for 3 games for not reporting. So if he comes after the 7th and they suspend him for 3 he would still be available for games 10-16.

I'm starting not to like O-gun and his money hungry ways. alas...this could change if he signs before the first game.

jesusfreak26 said:
Yes he has to be available for 6 games he doesn't have to play. The reason he will come back after 7 is because the Dolphins can suspend him for 3 games for not reporting. So if he comes after the 7th and they suspend him for 3 he would still be available for games 10-16.

No club can "suspend" or discipline a player not under contract for not reporting.

The club may request a roster exemption for a player as no club may have more than 53 total active and inactive players. The club still has to give the player and the NFLPA written notice of this intend 5 days before the second pre-season game.

I have said this before and I'll say it again if Ogun really is intent on sitting out TRADE his A$$. Not only trade him, trade him somewhere he will be expected to play the RDE position and be "THE MAN" so that we will see a FLOP worthy of Butterbean off the high dive. I am not sold on the fact that he can play RDE and be as successful as he has here, thus yes he has benefited from JT because he plays against the weaker RT. IMO if he sits out he will not see another down in a Fins uniform so we might as well get something out of the deal. A second rounder at this point would be great, having traded ours to the Eagles.

inFINSible said:
Link

Apparently Miami could have suspended O-Gun for three games had he waited to show up until the last 6 games...thus voiding his accrued season....

Damn! Drew dug out our ace in the hole... :(
''We really don't want to hold out, or miss one game, much less seven or 10 games,'' said agent Drew Rosenhaus, who represents the defensive end. ''. . . But we may have to sit out. It may come to that.''

Rosenhaus said a holdout that carries into the season would last only seven games rather than the expected 10 because his research has uncovered that Miami has the option of suspending Ogunleye for three games after he reports.

Ogunleye must spend six games on the 53-man roster to gain an ''accrued season'' and become an unrestricted free agent in 2005. If he reports for the final six games and is then suspended, he would have only three credited games. he shouldnt be allowed to play if he holds out :shakeno:

DeDolfan said:
THIS says a bit different. The hearld link won't come up and the S-S says that he has to SIGN the tender after the 7th gm and then report for the final 6 gms.
Rosenhaus said a holdout that carries into the season would last only seven games rather than the expected 10 because his research has uncovered that Miami has the option of suspending Ogunleye for three games after he reports.

Ogunleye must spend six games on the 53-man roster to gain an ''accrued season'' and become an unrestricted free agent in 2005. If he reports for the final six games and is then suspended, he would have only three credited games.
This is what it says in the Herald whose link works fine for me...;)

inFINSible said:
This is what it says in the Herald whose link works fine for me...;)

It works fine now. Earlier, nothing in the herald would come up. the only thing i see that may not be exact [it may just be the way i read it] is that it sayd he has to be on the 53 man roster for at least 6 gms to get an accrued season. iMO, all he has to do is sign the tender in time for those gms and he'll have his accrued season. i don't think it matters if he's on the active roster, activated or not tho. Signing the tender at least guarantees him his accrued season.

DeDolfan said:
It works fine now. Earlier, nothing in the herald would come up. the only thing i see that may not be exact [it may just be the way i read it] is that it sayd he has to be on the 53 man roster for at least 6 gms to get an accrued season. iMO, all he has to do is sign the tender in time for those gms and he'll have his accrued season. i don't think it matters if he's on the active roster, activated or not tho. Signing the tender at least guarantees him his accrued season.
Exactly, IF....he signs by the 7th game.

If he signs with 6 to go and the dolphins suspend him for three games, which acording to DREW is within their rights, he won't accrue a full season. Again, this is according to DREW.....he should know what he's talking about, I would think.

inFINSible said:
Exactly, IF....he signs by the 7th game.

If he signs with 6 to go and the dolphins suspend him for three games, which acording to DREW is within their rights, he won't accrue a full season. Again, this is according to DREW.....he should know what he's talking about, I would think.

I would hope so anyway[know what he's talking about]. This is the first i've heard of a team being able to suspend a player for 3 gms tho because he hasn't signed yet. It's not that big a deal to go to the trouble to look it up since it won't change anything in that he'll just be "available" for the last 6 gms anyway.

Merman said:
No club can "suspend" or discipline a player not under contract for not reporting.

The club may request a roster exemption for a player as no club may have more than 53 total active and inactive players. The club still has to give the player and the NFLPA written notice of this intend 5 days before the second pre-season game.

Hey merman this is where i got my info. Wale will have to be under contract in order to play at some point in the season. They can discipline him.

Ogunleye must spend six games on the 53-man roster to gain an ''accrued season'' and become an unrestricted free agent in 2005. If he reports for the final six games and is then suspended, he would have only three credited games.

''He'd fall three games short of free agency, and we're not going to let that happen,'' Rosenhaus said.

FiN.in.RI said:
yea yea yup..Frank actually explains what a "hassa" is to Tony earlier in the movie...then Tony uses it on him toward the end when he blows his, well u know...

good impersonaion btw! :lol:

clear.gif
:lol:

jesusfreak26 said:
Hey merman this is where i got my info. Wale will have to be under contract in order to play at some point in the season. They can discipline him.

Yes I know where the information came from. I posted to let everyone know what is really happening because the reports so far have not done a good job or rather have not been very accurate.

The Sun Sentinel made the same mistake earlier in the pre-season and had to correct it. Only players under contract can be disciplined and Rosenhaus was talking about a roster exemption.

I still see him signing a one yr deal for allot of money and gone next yr.

Back
Top Bottom