OBJ To Sign With Phins From Ian Rappaport | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OBJ To Sign With Phins From Ian Rappaport

There are a few but likely not happening with this roster. We are loaded
And a significant part of the loaded are the Washingtons. There are usually 6 WRs on the 53. We know who the top 3 are, but Malik and Tahj both have a good chance of being part of the 6 too.

could be. hard to know in my view. could look at the same ratios for other ravens WRs for starters i guess. then the question is also how the ravens were using him. also did the ravens not want to continue w OBJ, or did OBJ not want to be there because he thinks lamar is a mediocre thrower that didn't make him look great? i have no idea. end of day my guess is the dolphins think OBJ was poorly utilized in baltimore, and they felt he still has something and will be a better and more productive fit in our offense. we will get to find out, hope they are right!
It isn't hard to know at all if one cares enough to watch the tape so the stats actually have context.

Stats without context can, in many cases, be misleading.

Not wild about OBJ and think he's highly overrated, but if it means McDaniel throws 1 on 1 endzone timing routes to someone other than Tyreek i'm all for it.

could be. hard to know in my view. could look at the same ratios for other ravens WRs for starters i guess. then the question is also how the ravens were using him. also did the ravens not want to continue w OBJ, or did OBJ not want to be there because he thinks lamar is a mediocre thrower that didn't make him look great? i have no idea. end of day my guess is the dolphins think OBJ was poorly utilized in baltimore, and they felt he still has something and will be a better and more productive fit in our offense. we will get to find out, hope they are right!

He didn’t want to be there because of Lamar. You can see it in most of OBJ’s highlights, even the balls he caught were rarely on target.

The Ravens wanted him back as their GM stated he was in contact with Beckham all off season. Beckham didn’t want to play in that offense and who could blame him.

Not wild about OBJ and think he's highly overrated, but if it means McDaniel throws 1 on 1 endzone timing routes to someone other than Tyreek i'm all for it.
There is not point talking about it.

I agree with you 100%, but ppl want to celebrate like we just brought in Justin Jefferson, so let them have their celebration. Who are we to mention reality? 😆

I agree with you 100%, but ppl want to celebrate like we just brought in Justin Jefferson, so let them have their celebration. Who are we to mention reality? 😆

He's fine as the third option, he hasn't been a reliable 1 since before covid but he's still treated as such in the media.
If we start to get passive aggressive rhetoric about Tua leaking to the media from a "team source" we will probably know who is doing it.

That's a bit hyperbolic....lol.

I haven't seen anyone claiming he is the reciever that he was in his prime. We were looking for an experienced #3, not a 1200 yd #1. I'd say he checks that box pretty well, and the cost was reasonable.

To your point, though, I have seen ppl purport that he still has top level speed, actually referencing his combine 40 time.

That is so not the case. He is no longer a burner that is going to run past Corners. He is, however, a good precise route runner. He knows how to read, and take advantage of defensive leverages and alignments. He has above average hands.

Obviously there's no way to demonstrate this factually, but I suspect his reputation and time in the league will get him the benefit of doubt on potential bullshit calls from many refs.

Not a OBJ fan at all, BUT, he is a instant fit for when Waddle gets injured, which is often. OBJ is extremly good route runner which Tua loves, great fit for the system. Also, I am praying we see more of EZ this year, he is a big target.

Not a OBJ fan at all, BUT, he is a instant fit for when Waddle gets injured, which is often. OBJ is extremly good route runner which Tua loves, great fit for the system. Also, I am praying we see more of EZ this year, he is a big target.
I'm hoping EZ expands on his Deebo role from last year cause that could be another exciting weapon. He's just got to come back healthy

I'm hoping EZ expands on his Deebo role from last year cause that could be another exciting weapon. He's just got to come back healthy
Can a guy with 39 total snaps, 5 rushing attempts, and one reception in two years really have a "role"?

Comments like this are completely baffling to me......

He will be extremely lucky to even make the roster at this point, IMO.

Carry on, though. Everyone daydreams.

That's a bit hyperbolic....lol.

I haven't seen anyone claiming he is the reciever that he was in his prime. We were looking for an experienced #3, not a 1200 yd #1. I'd say he checks that box pretty well, and the cost was reasonable.

To your point, though, I have seen ppl purport that he still has top level speed, actually referencing his combine 40 time.

That is so not the case. He is no longer a burner that is going to run past Corners. He is, however, a good precise route runner. He knows how to read, and take advantage of defensive leverages and alignments. He has above average hands.

Obviously there's no way to demonstrate this factually, but I suspect his reputation and time in the league will get him the benefit of doubt on potential bullshit calls from many refs.
I wasn't talking about Finheaven, i should have specified, i ment Dolphins fans on Twitter. It's a bit over the top over there.

I'm happy to have OBJ, but I also understand what he is at this age. If we get 500 yards and 5 TDs out of him, I'd be thrilled. But that's kinda where I see his ceiling.

He's fine as the third option, he hasn't been a reliable 1 since before covid but he's still treated as such in the media.
If we start to get passive aggressive rhetoric about Tua leaking to the media from a "team source" we will probably know who is doing it.
I really don't think he's that type of person anymore. Reports are out there that he's really matured into an excellent teammate and lockerroom presence.

Back
Top Bottom