OBJ To Sign With Phins From Ian Rappaport | Page 36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OBJ To Sign With Phins From Ian Rappaport

Can a guy with 39 total snaps, 5 rushing attempts, and one reception in two years really have a "role"?

Comments like this are completely baffling to me......

He will be extremely lucky to even make the roster at this point, IMO.

Carry on, though. Everyone daydreams.
Look it was only an opinion

I know. I was just responding with mine, I thought, given the extremely small sample size, it may be something to consider.
Yeah I understand that but I think there's alot of potential there with EZ that we haven't tapped into yet. If MM can scheme him into the offence that's another weapon we can unleash, but I know it's a what if moment. As you can say I can dream

I remember when Mostert and Achane were both healthy last year and both were on the field early in the season the linebackers were so spooked on being late to their assignment that it created a bunch of miscues. With the addition of Smith, Wright, and Beckham, the defense is going to have paralysis by analysis with the pre-snap motions.

Yes, obviously not. There were no reports as to what Baltimore might've been offering but Eric DeCosta stated at one point he was in constant contract with OBJ, texting him almost everyday. So there was interest in bringing him back. Beckham did quite a bit to help the Ravens WR's get up to speed as quick as possible last year. He was lauded for the work he did in the Baltimore locker room.

I'm sure Baltimore wishes they could've had him back at the price we're paying him.
Yeah. I’ve heard several people who would be in the know who praised Beckham in the locker room and as a teammate.

Some pundit (Acho), made the point that one of the best things about signing Beckham is the impact it can have on Waddle.

And a significant part of the loaded are the Washingtons. There are usually 6 WRs on the 53. We know who the top 3 are, but Malik and Tahj both have a good chance of being part of the 6 too.
Berrios is a lock. So that leaves EZ, Cracraft, vs the Washington’s. Don’t discount Cracraft’s good hands, blocking & special teams play. You’re not looking for star potential as a 5th-6th wr. You’re looking for contribution. I wish them luck but I’d bet money that both won’t make the team. Maybe one but not both

I'm hoping EZ expands on his Deebo role from last year cause that could be another exciting weapon. He's just got to come back healthy
What role? He has 6 total yards in regular season games I think. The potential seems there though.

Berrios is a lock. So that leaves EZ, Cracraft, vs the Washington’s. Don’t discount Cracraft’s good hands, blocking & special teams play. You’re not looking for star potential as a 5th-6th wr. You’re looking for contribution. I wish them luck but I’d bet money that both won’t make the team. Maybe one but not both
Berrios is a lock? Why would you say that?

I think he is the poster boy for "bubble players".

TBH, I don't get what ppl see in the guy. He is horseshit as a slot reciever (less than 2 receptions per game), and despite the fanfare did nothing as a returner beyond being sure handed at fair catches.

Berrios is a lock? Why would you say that?

I think he is the poster boy for "bubble players".

TBH, I don't get what ppl see in the guy. He is horseshit as a slot reciever (less than 2 receptions per game), and despite the fanfare did nothing as a returner beyond being sure handed at fair catches.
He wasn’t outstanding but he doesn’t have to be. He’s a solid sure handed #3 wr on most teams in the league plus a reliable return man for $3 million. He’s a lock 100%

Why do you believe Berrios is a lock? Is his contract fully guaranteed?

He wasn’t outstanding but he doesn’t have to be. He’s a solid sure handed #3 wr on most teams in the league plus a reliable return man for $3 million. He’s a lock 100%
Both of the Washingtons are sure-handed, with better separation quickness than Berrios, and could be equally reliable as return men too.

Both of the Washingtons are sure-handed, with better separation quickness than Berrios, and could be equally reliable as return men too.
This is all I need to see about Berrios as a viable option. Talk about a lazy out. You gotta run hard on the snap at the defender here and sharp out that ****.

Granted the clock was really against us so defender was likely expecting an out but need to give him a little doubt to have a chance. Perhaps Berrios thought it was a punt.

Granted Tua didn't look anybody off but in 2 seconds our left tackle got beat and he threw it up, should have thrown it out of bounds. Still doesn't forgive the lazy route by Berrios.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom