Offensive coaching staff | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive coaching staff

both Bevelle and Shula were far better OC's than Gase was.

WRONG.

Seattle's offense as poor this year with a legit WR, good TE and a elite star qb.

Shula has Cam, when Cam runs shula looks good, when Cam doesn't run Shula looks bad..Seems to me Cam made Shula.

I don’t know. Gase was Denver’s OC when they had the best offense in history. I am aware he had Manning but Manning played 18 years and the year with Gase was his best. Also, if you want to believe people on this forum, Newton and Wilson are also top notch QBs...

Don’t fool yourself, Gase didn’t do **** in Denver. Manning was on a **** team with the Colts. Denver was the first time he had real weapons and a lot of them. Look at what happened to the COlts when Manning went down. Gase should never get credit for Denver. Hell, I bet Manning was calling his own plays.

Darrell Bevell did a pretty good job with the Seahawks overall. He got a rookie QB in 2012 and saw what kind of defense he had (and I'm sure Pete Carroll had some input in this) and he decided to run the hell out of the ball and let his quarterback get out of the pocket and make plays, which is where he's at his best.

The result was a team that won a championship on the strength of that defense and has really developed into a pretty solid offense. I do agree that he misused Jimmy Graham pretty badly, but overall Bevell did a good job with the personnel he had, and I would say that their ball control offensive philosophy was part of what made that team a champion.

I don't really know the full detail of what's going on in Seattle. I do agree that in some respects with the criticism that Bevell ran a 'high school' offense, but he also had offensive personnel for which that style of offense was ideal. There are rumors that they're going to start moving on from the Legion of Boom, so my guess is that they want to re-make their team around Russell Wilson as a passer, and they've decided that Bevell's ball control and bootlegs offense is no longer what's needed.

Darrell Bevell did a pretty good job with the Seahawks overall. He got a rookie QB in 2012 and saw what kind of defense he had (and I'm sure Pete Carroll had some input in this) and he decided to run the hell out of the ball and let his quarterback get out of the pocket and make plays, which is where he's at his best.

The result was a team that won a championship on the strength of that defense and has really developed into a pretty solid offense. I do agree that he misused Jimmy Graham pretty badly, but overall Bevell did a good job with the personnel he had, and I would say that their ball control offensive philosophy was part of what made that team a champion.

I don't really know the full detail of what's going on in Seattle. I do agree that in some respects with the criticism that Bevell ran a 'high school' offense, but he also had offensive personnel for which that style of offense was ideal. There are rumors that they're going to start moving on from the Legion of Boom, so my guess is that they want to re-make their team around Russell Wilson as a passer, and they've decided that Bevell's ball control and bootlegs offense is no longer what's needed.

I'll take Earl Thomas for a billion Alex.

Manning was on a **** team with the Colts. Denver was the first time he had real weapons and a lot of them.
What? Marvin Harrison, Edgerrin James, Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne. Add one of the best centers in the history of the game and these are no weapons? Heck, Tannehill would kill for a TE like Marcus Pollard.

Don’t fool yourself, Gase didn’t do **** in Denver. Manning was on a **** team with the Colts. Denver was the first time he had real weapons and a lot of them. Look at what happened to the COlts when Manning went down. Gase should never get credit for Denver. Hell, I bet Manning was calling his own plays.

ec772d33fca168427e035f072db727fa.gif

Too many slow starts. Not obvious from afar but constant complaints from Seahawk fans if you check their forums. Not as bad as the Dolphins but an obvious negative trend. Seattle averaged 5.4 first quarter points in Wilson's first season but it steadily dropped and reached 3.5 this season. That's not going to cut it, especially in the same division as a great young offensive mind in Sean McVay. The Rams led the league in first quarter points this season, although the 7.0 average is low for the team leading the league in that category.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/1st-quarter-points-per-game?date=2018-01-13

Hell, I bet Manning actually has quotes, you know, from HIS actual mouth, that contradicts everything you just wrote......but why should that matter

What? Marvin Harrison, Edgerrin James, Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne. Add one of the best centers in the history of the game and these are no weapons? Heck, Tannehill would kill for a TE like Marcus Pollard.

Stop using, you know, FACTS....you will just confuse them.

Back
Top Bottom