Offensive line changes reported at camp. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive line changes reported at camp.

LarryFinFan said:
I don't know where this remark is coming from...he was arguably our best OL last year ?? Now that may not be saying much, but give the man some credit...

At the very least, he can fill in at 4 of the 5 positions on the line....I leave center out, but he was a center in college. He has played both tackle spots in his career and both guard spots.

Now, with the guys we have added it is looking like Carey, James, ???, ???, McDougle as our starting 5...the center position is between Hadnot and McK, and the RG spot seems to be between either Hadnot or whomever...

We shouldn't forget about Ephraim and Middleton...They are both coming off injuries, but have been solid starters in the league. It's going to be interesting because our OL play SUCKED again on Saturday night even tho everyone seems to report that they are doing good....
I dont think anyone has been saying It was good...The Difference that I saw (and like) was that we werent getting manhandled in the Middle like we did ALL of last year.. they missed some blitzes and had trouble opening holes against the 8 man fronts (5 vs 8 not good odds) but in most of their one vs one matchups they held up I would not have been able to say that last year...not even close.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Freeney was double teamed on the play you are talking about. Ricky Williams was supposed to chip Freeney and knocked Smith off of his block instead.

well, i don't remember it that way... i remember a one on one isolation, and Smith barely touched him.... although, Freeney did have more than one sack in the second half...

our line should look like this for the regular season (In my eyes)

LT- Carey
LG- James
C- Hadnot
RG-Cook
RT-McDougle

finsnchips said:
i dont think it makes a huge difference... i assume we'll carry 4 tackles - carey, alabi, mcdougle and mcintosh.

I agree, along with 5 interior lineman: James, Hadnot, St. Clair, McKinney, & Middleton. Even though Alabi will probably make the 53 man roster, he'll more than likely be inactive all year because of St. Clair's versatility.

It looks to me Like Careys main issue right now is footwork..It isnt horrible but when the defender re-directs Carey can get his his feet tangled up...when he locks on he seems to hold up VERY well and I think the footwork will get better with time.

On the contrary I think Carey has very quick feet.

Brown hit Feeley's arm on that play. Carey at least stayed with his man. If Urlacher is not blitzing, Feeley probably has a chance to make a throw.

I really have to scour the film again. I keep meaning to, but never get the opportunity. Tonight, I promise that I WILL review Carey's tape again and see how he did on every single play. I did a similar thing two years ago when we played the Jaguars in preseason and Wade Smith had his first real test in game situations against Hugh Douglass. I concluded then that Smith wasn't worth crap on a stick and probably never will be, even though everyone was GUSHING over how Douglass was held to 0 sacks and 0 tackles...well, I was right then, and hopefully I can do something similar with Carey.

nick1 said:

LT- Carey
LG- James
C- Hadnot
RG-Cook
RT-McDougle
I think we have 4 set starters Carey James Hadnot (center or guard) Mc dougle the last spot is still up for grabs a fight between Mc kinney (ugh) Middleton Cook

ckparrothead said:
On the contrary I think Carey has very quick feet.
I agree he has quick feet.. never said he didnt but he needs some practice with his "footwork" He fell over and lost balance a few times when the DE changed up or a rusher (blitzer) came from the outside. I dont think its a long term issue (far from it).

nick1 said:

LT- Carey
LG- James
C- Hadnot
RG-Cook
RT-McDougle

Dont forget Middleton, if healthy, he will be one of our starters.

I hope Hadnot is center

With Cook or Middelton at guard. Or both if James does not start to impress. I know whitely and McKinney do not impress me.

PressCoverage said:
well, i don't remember it that way... i remember a one on one isolation, and Smith barely touched him.... although, Freeney did have more than one sack in the second half...

no, FFinBuff has it right, Ricky was supposed to chip Freeney and missed, taking Smith out of the play. Freeney did get by Smith on another play or two though without any help from Ricky.

wyo said:
I hope Hadnot is center

With Cook or Middelton at guard. Or both if James does not start to impress. I know whitely and McKinney do not impress me.

all in all... not much to choose from at RG... i still say Carey is better suited and has a better body for guard...

i do hope he works out OK at LT... i'll be watching him closely tomorrow night against a very capable Jags' starter at RDE: Reggie Hayward

PHINSfan said:
Dont forget Middleton, if healthy, he will be one of our starters.
it's a toss up to me between Cook and Middleton, I would be happy with either one

I would like to hear what you think of the line play. I will not be able to see for myself.

The info I get from this board is great

PressCoverage said:
nor i... he showed me nothing in 2003, and, in fact, directly contributed to the home loss against Indy that year with his whiff on Freeney late in the second half... of course, the coaching staff didn't deem it necessary to double team Freeney in the late stages, despite him owning Miami all game...

Actually the coaching staff did deem it neccesarry to double Freeney that play. It was actually Ricky that was supposed to help out on that play, but he went right by him.

EDIT: my bad, somone already pointed that out.

Back
Top Bottom