Offensive Line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Line

Frayser

Practice Squad
Reaction score
In Joe's newest blog, he said that McIntosh expects to be back by Week 2. Now that we have a little better understanding of how guys are performing, what does everybody expect from our line this year? Who will start Week 1 and where? What impact will Mac's return have?

I have not heard any mention of St. Clair taking reps at Center. So I guess McKinney is firmly entrenched as the starter there, with Hadnot backing up (right?). The left side looks set. Jerman seems still penciled in as the RG, but I think that could be subject to change. Carey and St. Clair are still battling at RT. If Carey wins the RT, does St. Clair move to guard? If St. Clair wins the RT, does Carey move to guard? Will Mac be a backup when he returns? I have to admit that I am not ver familiar with McIntosh. Is he a straight up RT?

I'm pretty excited about our line. There's only one way to go from last year, and that is up.

Hadnot is getting alot of props from coaching staff!

May the best player win and conquer!

Frayser said:
If Carey wins the RT, does St. Clair move to guard? If St. Clair wins the RT, does Carey move to guard?
The loser of the St.Clair/Carey RT competition will NOT move to guard. Wanny has stated that the loser will be the "swing" tackle backing up at LT & RT.

unfortunately did any of you guys watch the vid clip from the houston practice...i know its only a couple of clips from the whole practice but it seemed on the Oline drills our guys were getting owned!!! :(

http://www.houstontexans.com/

Joe's Blog said that run blocking looked OK, but pass pro was bad. What did you see in these clips

Jason Taylor was quoted a while back, saying McIntosh is not the answer. Is he that bad, or is JT too much for him to handle?

I saw Houston DTs pushing our OL back to the QB DUMMY.

Damion Mcintosh will be fine, and a nice upgrade, or backup if he gets back early in the season....... There's a reason Miami signed him even though he wasn't healthy, and at the time they thought he'd miss at least half the season

JJ777 said:
I saw Houston DTs pushing our OL back to the QB DUMMY.
But that looked like it was a one on one drill. I would rather wait and reserve judgement after seeing the entire unit working togther against their D.

i mean clearly houston is going to post video that makes them look good
hopefully we made a competitve offer on kendall

pass blocking is much harder then run blocking. Plus it takes way more of getting to know the next guy.

It's the pass blocking that we need to improve on cause that's one of the main reasons we suck in the passing game; QB has no time to read and throw. Hearing that the run blocking is good makes me feel better, but I would like to see much better improvement in the pass blocking.

Those were drills you saw. I watched the clips, and on all of the running plays, Miami's OL was pushing the DL back and opening up holes.

When we get Mac back, we will have him, St. Clair, and Carey all competing for one starting position at RT. Do you think Jerman is really a solid enough fill at RG to warrant two of those guys sitting on the bench as backups?

Back
Top Bottom