Offensive Line | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Line

If The Fish Were Talking About Kendall What Does That Say About The Guy's We Have At The Guard Position.?

PHINS54 said:
If The Fish Were Talking About Kendall What Does That Say About The Guy's We Have At The Guard Position.?

According to Joe, we are out of the running for Kendall. I don't necessarily think looking at him means we are not satisfied with Jerman. Kendall would have provided depth and veteran leadership . . . something MOST offensive lines can always use . . . especially ours.

When Taylor said he wasn't the answer it was my understanding he was talking about at LT. (He is known to like Wade Smith and thinks he has a bright future so of course he'll stick up for him)

McIntosh would be a fabulous RG IMO. He moves really well and is strong as an ox. He certainly doesn't have the feet of a top notch LT, but at RG he can be more of a mauler and I think that would be the best place for him.

Him rushing back, to me, is a mistake. Let the thing heal and work your way into the rotation when you are fully healthy. He is signed for a few years and if he can get himself into shape he'll be a great sign for us.

I have said all along St. Clair is terrible and he is showing it in practice against other teams already. Carey will beat him out easily.

Then we just have to hit our knees and pray that Wade Smith never gets hurt because LT is the LAST place we want John St. Clair at.

PhinsmissedFG said:
When Taylor said he wasn't the answer it was my understanding he was talking about at LT. (He is known to like Wade Smith and thinks he has a bright future so of course he'll stick up for him)

McIntosh would be a fabulous RG IMO. He moves really well and is strong as an ox. He certainly doesn't have the feet of a top notch LT, but at RG he can be more of a mauler and I think that would be the best place for him.

Him rushing back, to me, is a mistake. Let the thing heal and work your way into the rotation when you are fully healthy. He is signed for a few years and if he can get himself into shape he'll be a great sign for us.

I have said all along St. Clair is terrible and he is showing it in practice against other teams already. Carey will beat him out easily.

Then we just have to hit our knees and pray that Wade Smith never gets hurt because LT is the LAST place we want John St. Clair at.

I think we'd use Mac (if healthy) or Carey at LT before St Clair...Unless Wanny was secretly trying to kill Feely so he could put Fielder back in....possibly? :tongue:

if d-mac doesnt play guard, and jerman does, ill be soo pissed, of course unless he doesnt get back from injury until late in the season. even st.clair should be starting instead of jerman, i know im not giving jerman a chance but we need veterans on this line like st.clair right now. i hope this is the o-line by the end of this season,smith,james,mckinney,mcintosh,carey. mcintosh and james would be our vets, and open up holes since both of them are very good run blockers, mckinney should be solid, and although smith and carey will have growing pains, we outta see consistency out of both of them. i didnt want pete kendall, we need strong and fast youth(by that i mean below 30), we dont need anyone on the downfall of their carreer.

Juice_56 said:
if d-mac doesnt play guard, and jerman does, ill be soo pissed, of course unless he doesnt get back from injury until late in the season. even st.clair should be starting instead of jerman, i know im not giving jerman a chance but we need veterans on this line like st.clair right now. i hope this is the o-line by the end of this season,smith,james,mckinney,mcintosh,carey. mcintosh and james would be our vets, and open up holes since both of them are very good run blockers, mckinney should be solid, and although smith and carey will have growing pains, we outta see consistency out of both of them. i didnt want pete kendall, we need strong and fast youth(by that i mean below 30), we dont need anyone on the downfall of their carreer.

Well said, man.

Back
Top Bottom