Offical Draft Darren Sproles Bandwagon | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offical Draft Darren Sproles Bandwagon

you guys say he cant take the carries obviously you havnt watched any of the video clips...take a look and see for your self the guys a beast

........... hey as long as he doesn't steal too many carries from Vernand Morency, I'm ok with it. Hahah

The kid has a heart and has been told throughout his career that he is too small, and guess what?? he has made believers out of everyone. I payed close attention to him in the senior bowl and IMO he ran better than any back out there. So I say: Why not give this guy a chance? True, his senior season his production was down but that was because his suporting cast was inferior to previous years and oposing DC's were game planning to stop him. If the Dolphins go with a QB with their 1sr rd pick I say why not Sproles in the later rounds?

Buddwalk said:
Im now starting the official draft darren sproles bandwagon...

Darren Sproles
clear.gif

Official Bio
College: Kansas St.
Height: 5-5
Position: Running Back
Weight: 180
Class: Senior
40-Yard: 4.35

SCOUTING REPORT
Strengths: Great speed...Very productive...Dynamic and very hard to tackle...Runs harder than you would think for a guy his size and shows a lot of toughness...Has great vision...Unbelievable balance...Very shifty...Gets lost because everyone else is so much bigger than he is...Good receiver...Has all the intangibles...Also a return man.

Weaknesses: Vastly undersized...Will never be able to cut it as a blocker...Has been durable during his college career, but they hit harder in the pros...Had a down senior season and was shut down in some games.

Notes: Classic case of a great college player who just doesn't project well to the pro level...Won't go nearly as high as his reputation would lead you to believe...A better player than Quentin Griffin, but probably a backup and change of pace back at best in the NFL.

heres a fact from the combine

*Some bench numbers from today, Carnell Williams put up 19, and Darren Sproles came in with 23.

Carnell outweighs little sproles by over 30 lbs. and is like 6 inches taller!

Heres a video of him so you guys take a look at what he can do http://www.darrensproles43.com/videos/sproles43.wmv

heres his official site so you can see more about him http://www.darrensproles43.com/intro.html

I'm getting a little sick and tired of people saying that small rbs cant be feature runningbacks in the nfl when thats very wrong....barry sanders, emmit smith, charlie garner ,and many many more were all feature backs!

Hes also a great punt returner! This guy would be one of the explosive players nick saban is talking about...He would be our brian westbrook!

Jump On!

I think you are going to be on this bandwagon all by yourself. With all the quality backs in the draft, why on God's Green Earth would you want to draft 5'5 175 pound guy who will NEVER be more than a 3rd down/change of pace guy, AT BEST. It just doesn't make sense.

Didn't we have Darren Sproles in camp last year?? Except he was from Iowa last year, wasn't he?

He looks real good in that video. Probably would make a good change of pace back. But that is what they said about John Avery.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=66936

I'm onboard!!

I think it's funny the comparison's which people are making......Travis Minor, Fred Russell.....none of these player's were as dangerous in college as Sproles.

The only fair comparison that I can come up with is Dante Hall.....he has that type of ability..........and ask yourself: If the Chiefs had to make that pick again, would they?? Hell yeah they would........and all the teams who passed on him would be looking to get him to. HE IS A PLAYMAKER! What was it that Saban said he wanted again??

Is he an every-down NFL back? Of course not. But his ability as a returner and instant spark on offense is more than worth a high fourth round pick. If he is there for our first pick on day 2 then we should take him.

Darren Sproles is amazing. Im joining the bandwagon. I know for sure Miami wont sign him, at least early. But i saw the video and he is amazing! He is only 5'5, and so am i, lol.....i used to be a runningback too but im white...and ive never seen a white guy run well....well except for Luke Staley of BYU. But id love to see Darren Sproles be taken soon. If Miami drafts Alex Smith, by the time the 3rd round comes around, i think Darren will still be available, then Miami can make a shot.

And no, Travis Minor isnt like Darren Sproles. Travis is much taller too

burger13 said:
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=66936

I'm onboard!!

I think it's funny the comparison's which people are making......Travis Minor, Fred Russell.....none of these player's were as dangerous in college as Sproles.

The only fair comparison that I can come up with is Dante Hall.....he has that type of ability..........and ask yourself: If the Chiefs had to make that pick again, would they?? Hell yeah they would........and all the teams who passed on him would be looking to get him to. HE IS A PLAYMAKER! What was it that Saban said he wanted again??

Is he an every-down NFL back? Of course not. But his ability as a returner and instant spark on offense is more than worth a high fourth round pick. If he is there for our first pick on day 2 then we should take him.

Since I made the Russell comparison I'd like to address this post.

I agree that there's an outside chance (waaaay outside, IMO) that this little guy could transfer his skills to the pros but, that's left for team's with more draft picks to find out.

Teams like us, with some holes to fill and few draft picks to fill them, have to be more responsible with their draft picks. That means we don't have the luxury of taking a shot at Sproles, not when we already have outstanding young talent at the position (PR/KR, you gotta admit he aint going to make it as a back) already.

It's too bad, and maybe if we could pick up a few more draft picks, it may become more feasible but, right now, for every one Darren Sproles that makes it, there are a hundred you never hear about again, and that's too heavy on the risk side of the scale.

Sproles is the Man

As a KState alum, I watched this kid for 4 years. He is spectacular. He IS an every down back. He will get drafted in the 3rd or 4th round and in a year he will be starting. He is very explosive and very strong, as he proved in the combine. We would be damn lucky to have him in a Fin uniform. The kid has been proving people wrong his entire career and will do the same in the NFL. I hope we get him.

Say no to Sproles. This reminds me of when we drafted Travis Minor. Wanny took him because he wanted a complement to Lamar Smith. Smith played horrible that year and we did have another back who could carry the load. Minor was to small to ever be a feature back. A few picks after we took Minor, the Bengals were much smarter and took a bigger back named Rudi Johnson. If we draft a RB make sure he is big enough to potentially be a feature back.

Back
Top Bottom