*Official 06-07 NHL Thread* | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official 06-07 NHL Thread*

I've seen nothing to suggest that either conference is going to be much of a battle. Anaheim and SJ are a class above in the West. And Buffalo sits comfortably atop in the East. I could see a spoiler (such as the Oilers last year - perhaps Ottawa this year) steal it from the Sabres in the CF but even that's debatable considering the strong efforts they've put together to date.

Pink_Dove said:
I've seen nothing to suggest that either conference is going to be much of a battle. Anaheim and SJ are a class above in the West. And Buffalo sits comfortably atop in the East. I could see a spoiler (such as the Oilers last year - perhaps Ottawa this year) steal it from the Sabres in the CF but even that's debatable considering the strong efforts they've put together to date.
I totally agree about San Jose and the Ducks. They are a notch above everybody...including the Sabres in my opinion. If the Ducks' goaltending holds up they are EASILY the best team in hockey.

They come at you in waves (much like the Sabres) but they can throw one of the best 3 defenseman in the World on the ice every shift. I saw a chart the other day that said in the average game there are only 2-4 shifts a GAME that either Pronger or Nied's are not on the ice.

That is simply too much for anyone to deal with. Wait until playoff time with more T.V. timeouts and stoppages. You'll see one or the other on the ice EVERY shift.

Sabres were dominated by Caps last night. Ovechkin had a dirty hit on Briere but he returned.

djfresh47 said:
Sabres were dominated by Caps last night. Ovechkin had a dirty hit on Briere but he returned.
That was a vicious hit by Ovechkin. IFFFFFFFF the NHL had any balls what so ever, they would give him 10 games for that...

Briere could have been seriously hurt there, even paralyzed.

The NHL will fold up (like usual) and give him MAYBE a game. It's a joke. The players have ZERO respect for each other now because there is no true retribution to be paid.

15 years ago (before a New York lawyer who has never worn skates took over the league) Ovechkin would NEVER have done that. Why? Because he would have KNOWN he was gong to get the crap beaten out of him right on the spot or the next time the 2 teams played each other. As it is now he KNOWS nothing will happen to him accept maybe some horse**** fine from the NHL and a "don't do it again" wag of the finger from Captain Chicken**** himself Colin Campbell, the "czar of discipline" at the NHL front office.

NHL and discipline. An oxymoron if I have ever heard one.

The instigator rule put an end to the players policing themselves. Now every little puke (Darcy Tucker, Matt Cooke etc.) can run around knowing they will never have to pay for their sins.

The NHL likes to say "they are handling discipline". Bull****! They have NEVER handled discipline correctly. They give chicken **** suspensions for grievous infractions all the time. This will never change until someone is is killed by one of these kind of hit from behind plays or they get rid of the instigator rule.

Sadly, the instigator rule will be around until Bettman is gone. He is after the American audience and he thinks that American hockey fans get too offended by fighting.

The New York Islanders are a first place hockey club...

Wait a minute...

The New York Islanders are a first place hockey club...

No matter how many times I say it I still don't believe it. Nolan has them playing their ***** off.

I wanted to see Gaustad beat the **** out of Ovechkin after that.

The NHL can be dumb with their suspensions, they base them on the result, not intent. Not saying Ovechkin had the intent to injure Briere, because I truly don't think he did, but it was still a DUMB move and the NHL should send out the message that they won't tolerate anything like that.

If Moore gets up after Bertuzzi cheapshots him Bertuzzi doesn't get a single game.

I wonder what would happen if you replace Ovechkin's name with Avery though.

unifiedtheory said:
I totally agree about San Jose and the Ducks. They are a notch above everybody...including the Sabres in my opinion. If the Ducks' goaltending holds up they are EASILY the best team in hockey.

They come at you in waves (much like the Sabres) but they can throw one of the best 3 defenseman in the World on the ice every shift. I saw a chart the other day that said in the average game there are only 2-4 shifts a GAME that either Pronger or Nied's are not on the ice.

That is simply too much for anyone to deal with. Wait until playoff time with more T.V. timeouts and stoppages. You'll see one or the other on the ice EVERY shift.

Since we've got it figured it out, I just think I'll stop watching and tune in once again in March. It'll save me time and money. :D

As for the Isles, no surprise there, I posted on here the day they hired Ted Nolan that they were getting a Top 5 NHL Head Coach. He's won at every level he's ever coached. The only reason he was ousted in Buffalo (and then ignored for years by the rest of the league) was because of his skin colour and relationship with Muckler. I've had the fortune to hear some locker room stories thru word of mouth and let me tell you the man is incredibly ballsy. He'll tear down a locker room or hang a player by the collar to get him motivated. Not sure he went to those lengths to get Yashin scoring but he's really brought him back from the dead. And he's doing it with a very shaky backend and not much depth up front. I'm not sure how they'll keep it up, but he has to be in the running for Coach of the year after the first 25 games.

Pink_Dove said:
Since we've got it figured it out, I just think I'll stop watching and tune in once again in March. It'll save me time and money. :D

As for the Isles, no surprise there, I posted on here the day they hired Ted Nolan that they were getting a Top 5 NHL Head Coach. He's won at every level he's ever coached. The only reason he was ousted in Buffalo (and then ignored for years by the rest of the league) was because of his skin colour and relationship with Muckler. I've had the fortune to hear some locker room stories thru word of mouth and let me tell you the man is incredibly ballsy. He'll tear down a locker room or hang a player by the collar to get him motivated. Not sure he went to those lengths to get Yashin scoring but he's really brought him back from the dead. And he's doing it with a very shaky backend and not much depth up front. I'm not sure how they'll keep it up, but he has to be in the running for Coach of the year after the first 25 games.

Getting Yashin to resemble an NHL hockey player gets him coach of the year in my opinion. :lol:

Pink_Dove said:

This is just a rumor that i've heard many times. Ted Nolan and Hasek had a horrible relationship in Buffalo because Nolan allegedly slept with Hasek's wife. He was Coach of the Year and did not get a contract with Buffalo. Hindsight is always 20/20 and I think it was the right move because of the success Lindy Ruff has had. At the time I do remember that most Sabres fans wanted Nolan back. Hasek was too good of a player though to let that happen. Especially when he was the reason that the team won on most nights in the clutch and grab NHL. Guys like Matt Barnaby and Michal Peca loved Nolan though.

djfresh47 said:
This is just a rumor that i've heard many times. Ted Nolan and Hasek had a horrible relationship in Buffalo because Nolan allegedly slept with Hasek's wife. He was Coach of the Year and did not get a contract with Buffalo. Hindsight is always 20/20 and I think it was the right move because of the success Lindy Ruff has had. At the time I do remember that most Sabres fans wanted Nolan back. Hasek was too good of a player though to let that happen. Especially when he was the reason that the team won on most nights in the clutch and grab NHL. Guys like Matt Barnaby and Michal Peca loved Nolan though.

That definately makes sense. Players will go thru a wall for him. Just as an example, look at how relevant Barnaby and Peca were under Nolan, they haven't sniffed that level since Nolan left Buffalo, even prior to the lockout. He knows how to push the right button with players (except maybe in Hasek's case where he pushed other buttons :tongue:) and that's in part what makes him such a valuable and impressive coach. As I said earlier, he's done it at every level, and apart from backroom politics, there is nothing out there that tells me he won't be a successful coach for a long time.

dominizzo said:
Bobbbby Clarke is VP!! Fo4r The FLYERSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Ed Snider is like the guy who breaks up with his girlfriend because she cheated on him but takes her back anyway, even though he KNOWS she'll cheat on him again.

Back
Top Bottom