*Official 06-07 NHL Thread* | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official 06-07 NHL Thread*

Did anyone see the Scott Nichol cheap shot on Jaro Spacek?

He deserves AT LEAST 20 games for it...if not more. It was as bad if not worse then the Bertuzzi incident with Steve Moore, without any major injury (that I've heard about).

Colin Campbell is such a gutless fool he'll probably give him a $1000.00 fine a stern warning...idiot.

Did anyone see the Scott Nichol cheap shot on Jaro Spacek?

He deserves AT LEAST 20 games for it...if not more. It was as bad if not worse then the Bertuzzi incident with Steve Moore, without any major injury (that I've heard about).

Colin Campbell is such a gutless fool he'll probably give him a $1000.00 fine a stern warning...idiot.

Yeah, I saw it man- it was pretty bad. He definately deserves at least 15 games. It was a mugging.

so i went to the devs/fla game last month and finally went through my pics....here are 2 of the better ones.

Belfour11-1.jpg
belfour2-1.jpg

"Nashville Predators forward Scott Nichol has been suspended for nine games, without pay, for a blind-side punch to the head of Buffalo Sabres defenceman Jaroslav Spacek during Buffalo's 7-2 win Thursday night".

NOT ENOUGH!!!! Campbell is gutless and until someone in the NHL front office starts taking some of this **** seriously it is going to continue.:fire:

9 games isn't enough but I gotta say it's more than I expected...

9 games isn't enough but I gotta say it's more than I expected...
I agree on both counts. I thought Campbell would totally wimp out and give him 3 or something stupid like that...

This was his chance (AGAIN!) to send a message that this **** won't be tollerated, period. If the NHL is not going to hand out justice then they NEED to get rid of the instigator rule and let the players go back to policing themselves. It worked that way for 70 years until a New York lawyer who has never worn skates thought he knew what was good for the game....

Another Bettman blunder in my opinion. I still can't believe how much of a ***** Colin Campbell has become. This is a guy who used to get 100+ PIM's on a regular basis and now he is a lap dog for Bettman and his stooges.

I would have given Nichol 20....minimum. This was NO different then the Bertuzzi thing. In fact, it was a little worse in one respect. Nichol threw off his glove so he could land a cleaner punch. Typical NHL, penalize the result and NOT the action.

no way was that worse than Bertuzzi...9 games sounds about right to me...did spacek get a penalty on the play?

I thought Nichol should've gotten around 15 games. I'm shocked he even got 9 with the way the NHL is run. Spacek gets hurt on the play then guranteed Nichol is suspended much longer. Anyway it was good to see the Sabres get back on track offensively. Rory Fitzpatrick an All-Star?

Yeah, Spacek got a 2 minute minor for interference.

no way was that worse than Bertuzzi...9 games sounds about right to me...did spacek get a penalty on the play?

In what way is it not worse then Bertuzzi's cheap shot?

Bertuzzi was skating and punched Moore in the side of the head with a gloved hand.

Nichol was flat footed and punched Spacek in the side of the head witrh a bare hand.

The ONLY difference is the RESULT and that is what I am getting at here. The NHL does nothing about the action, only about the result and that is dead wrong in my opinion.

Bertuzzi's was a premeditated, unprovoked attack...he punched Moore in the head, then proceeded to jump on his back and drive his head into the ice.

Some could argue that Spacek driving him into the net was intent to injure.

Back
Top Bottom