Official 2005 Yankees World Series Champion Thread | Page 88 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2005 Yankees World Series Champion Thread

nyjunc said:
yes, they called it wrong last year and huddled up and got it right while this year they called it wrong and didn't huddle up to get it right for some reason.

When did they get it wrong last year?

Ray Finkle said:
When did they get it wrong last year?

They originally called ARod safe and Jeter had scored then they huddled up and called interference which was the right call.

nyjunc said:
They originally called ARod safe and Jeter had scored then they huddled up and called interference which was the right call.

Oh ok, I thought you meant another play like Cano's.

I don't know personally (and you can discredit my opinion due to my favorite team) but I thought the umps made the right call. The rule states that a player has to be between to 2 white lines while running to 1st base. Cano was on the fair line. Even the announcers said that if Cano was running where he should have been the ball would have hit him and then there would be no interference on the play. Also the announcers didn't even question the call once after the fact and also Torre didn't go nuts. If the umps really blew the call I bet that Torre or any manager would have been yelling and screaming for awhile (remember in the playoffs the umps are told to never throw out players or managers due to the importance of the game). I even think that if the call was questionable like Arod's slap the umps would have gotten together and talked about it.

Big news (sort of) Joe Torre today will speak to the media in his annual post season interview session. He will talk about his relationship with George Steinbernner and his future with the Yankees. Stay tuned....

Ray Finkle said:
I don't know personally (and you can discredit my opinion due to my favorite team) but I thought the umps made the right call. The rule states that a player has to be between to 2 white lines while running to 1st base. Cano was on the fair line. Even the announcers said that if Cano was running where he should have been the ball would have hit him and then there would be no interference on the play. Also the announcers didn't even question the call once after the fact and also Torre didn't go nuts. If the umps really blew the call I bet that Torre or any manager would have been yelling and screaming for awhile (remember in the playoffs the umps are told to never throw out players or managers due to the importance of the game). I even think that if the call was questionable like Arod's slap the umps would have gotten together and talked about it.

It was a bad call and the ump was out of position to make the call.

Mel just left the team!

That was to be exppected.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Mel just left the team!

Yankee fans should be happy that Mel's gone. What has he done to help some of the new/younger pitchers? Look at all the players that have come to the Yankees and done poorly in the last few years: Jeff Weaver, Jose Contreras, Javier Vazquez, Kevin Brown, Jared Wright, Carl Pavano, etc.

Sure some of them like Brown have been injuried and I know people say that some can't pitch in NY however he never really got credit from the pitchers. No know that I can remember has ever said: Mel really helped me and I owe him.

Ray Finkle said:
Yankee fans should be happy that Mel's gone. What has he done to help some of the new/younger pitchers? Look at all the players that have come to the Yankees and done poorly in the last few years: Jeff Weaver, Jose Contreras, Javier Vazquez, Kevin Brown, Jared Wright, Carl Pavano, etc.

Sure some of them like Brown have been injuried and I know people say that some can't pitch in NY however he never really got credit from the pitchers. No know that I can remember has ever said: Mel really helped me and I owe him.

Mel helped us win 4 World Championships, he gets too much blame for guys whop couldn't pitch in NY but why doesn't he get credit for Small, Chacon & Wang?

nyjunc said:
Mel helped us win 4 World Championships, he gets too much blame for guys whop couldn't pitch in NY but why doesn't he get credit for Small, Chacon & Wang?

Did he help them? That's my question. None of them have ever came out and said that he helped them. Usually when a pitching coach helps a pitcher they come out and give the coach credit (like all the O's did when Ray Miller turned around their staff). I just personally think Mel isn't very good. Yes the Yankees won 4 titles under Mel however do you really think guys like David Cone, Andy Pettite, Roger Clemens, Orlando Hernandez, David Wells and company needed Mel coaching them?

FaninPatsyLand said:
Instant replay in baseball would be a joke. As if baseball games aren't long enough already.
im not talking about regular season im talking about playoffs

Man, will Finkle please shut up in this thread. Finkle, for someone who hasn't watched a whole Yankees game in forever, you act like you know everything. You hate the Yankees right? Stop sweating them so much in this thread then man, your p*nis envy for the Yankees is showing. Please give it a rest, for you to blame Mel once again just shows how IGNORANT you are when it comes to the Yankees (and by watching you even argue with other Red Sox fans about Renteria, Manny, ect. your even ignorant about your own team). There's one little city to blame for all of the Yankees problems, TAMPA. It's as simple as that. We can all blame A-Rod, Cashman, Mel, and whoever else we want but the root of the Yankees problems since 02 is TAMPA. For you to dis Mel is ignorant. I suppose Brown being 100 years old, Wright and Pavano's shoulder injury's, the fact that the Yankees give up on pitchers way to soon (Contreras, Vazquez, Weaver, and more), and the fact tha TAMPA made all the decisions on who comes here and who doesn't is his fault. Just stop talking Finkle, you are the epitomy of ignorant. Go back to the Red Sox thread and talk about ways to fix them!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Man, will Finkle please shut up in this thread. Finkle, for someone who hasn't watched a whole Yankees game in forever, you act like you know everything. You hate the Yankees right? Stop sweating them so much in this thread then man, your p*nis envy for the Yankees is showing. Please give it a rest, for you to blame Mel once again just shows how IGNORANT you are when it comes to the Yankees (and by watching you even argue with other Red Sox fans about Renteria, Manny, ect. your even ignorant about your own team). There's one little city to blame for all of the Yankees problems, TAMPA. It's as simple as that. We can all blame A-Rod, Cashman, Mel, and whoever else we want but the root of the Yankees problems since 02 is TAMPA. For you to dis Mel is ignorant. I suppose Brown being 100 years old, Wright and Pavano's shoulder injury's, the fact that the Yankees give up on pitchers way to soon (Contreras, Vazquez, Weaver, and more), and the fact tha TAMPA made all the decisions on who comes here and who doesn't is his fault. Just stop talking Finkle, you are the epitomy of ignorant. Go back to the Red Sox thread and talk about ways to fix them!

:lol: I guess you just can't take losing. I think you snapped. You really need to relax. Where's all the pictures of the Yankees celebrating all of the sudden? I don't see you bashing the Red Sox either. By the way I think it's time to close this thread or at least rename it....

Ok seriously: Get out of the Yankee thread and shut up? Who made you the boss of everything? I must have missed the memo or PM. Have I ever told you to get out of a Red Sox thread because you're a Yankee fan? Have I every told you to get out of the Red Sox thread because you knocked the team, a player or coach? I should get out of the Yankee thread because I haven't seen a FULL (meaning from the 1st pitch to the last pitch) Yankee game since the middle of September (not counting all the playoff games and the Red Sox/Yankee games?) I hate to break it to you but considering where I live I see and hear more about the Yankees and Mets then the Red Sox. I consider myself a baseball fan, sure I like the Red Sox and root for them, but I have however given the Yankees credit in the past as well as other Yankee fans even on this site. You're the one being ignorant here. You call me being ignorant when it comes to the Yankees? I bet I would shock you with things I know about the team, farm system, players, etc. I'm not some average bandwagoner. Both past and present. You'd probably be shocked that Mantle was one of my favorite all time baseball players, 61 is one of my favorite movies or I rooted for David Cone even when he was with the Yankees. Hell I even was happy for Roger Clemens and Boggs when they won a World Series.

I argue with other Red Sox fans on Manny and Renteria? So what? It's called having opinions. Why should I agree with everything someone says just because he or she roots for the same team as I do? It's boring that way.

Why don't you actually go back and read what I write before you jump all over me. Honestly when was the last time Mel turned someone into gold? Why is it ignorant of me to dis Mel? Look at Ray Miller and what he did with Bruce Chen between last year and this year, or Leo in Altanta with basically every single person he gets. When did Mel do that with the Yankees? When was the last time someone credited him for helping them out? Yes Tampa has made some horrible decisions and they don't keep pitchers around very long but do you think that maybe if Mel was like Leo those pitchers wouldn't have been shipped off so soon? Just look at Jose Contreras who the Yankees had for 1 and a half years. If Mel was so great how come he couldn't fix him? Don't give me the "he can't pitch in NY" thing. The guy put his life on the line to get to America to pitch, I think he can handle playing a game. Give me ONE example of Mel helping someone out. I agree that some people can't handle the pressure of a NY or Boston but you can't tell me that Mel couldn't help any of the newer pitchers out? NYJUNC said what about Small, Chacon and Wang and all I asked was a simple "Did they ever give Mel credit for helping them out?" When did I ever call myself an expert? Wasn't it a few weeks ago someone on this board, I think it was MikeO but I'm not sure was saying "We need Leo from the Braves" or something to that affect?

The fact that the Yankee pitching hasn't been average to below average isn't totally Tampa's fault. Yeah they made bad decisions like Wright however Altanta had Jared Wright just last year and he pitched pretty good. Where was he this year (yes he was hurt but when he wasn't hurt he wasn't very good)? Do you think Mel could have turned Jorge Sosa into a good pitcher? Hell I don't even think Dave Wallace (Red Sox pitching coach) is that good either, and I've brought it up many times. Jonathan Papelbon was pretty good for the Red Sox but when someone I know actually talked to him last Friday and asked him about his sucess he mentioned Mike Timlin and Jason Varitek, he never mentioned Wallace's name. It's not a knock at the Yankees like you think it is nor is it a personal attack. If Mel was with any other team with the same players I'd say the same thing. Hell I knocked Willie Randolph and other coaches and other teams this year it's not just the Yankees. Do you really want to keep Mel around just because he's been the pitching coach when the Yankees won 4 times? What has he done lately? That's what everyone cares about.

You're just too up tight about these things. The Yankees aren't perfect, you need to deal with that. Again as for calling me ignorant shows what a homer you are and how you're trapped inside the Yankee box. God forbid someone has an opinion on the Yankees who's not a Yankee fan. I guess that's the difference between you and me. I welcome Yankee fans like you, MikeO and nyjunc to voice their opinions and to argue about certain things. I talk baseball with non Yankee fans like: FinFaninPatsyLand, RWhitney, GreenMonster, FIN in RI, and others. Do I agree with them all the time? No, so what? Do I flip out like you just did and tell them to leave a thread? I never have and never will. Apparently in your eyes not agreeing with something makes you ignorant? Please do everyone a favor, get a clue and a grip!

Back
Top Bottom