Official 2005 Yankees World Series Champion Thread | Page 89 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2005 Yankees World Series Champion Thread

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Man, will Finkle please shut up in this thread. Finkle, for someone who hasn't watched a whole Yankees game in forever, you act like you know everything. You hate the Yankees right? Stop sweating them so much in this thread then man, your p*nis envy for the Yankees is showing. Please give it a rest, for you to blame Mel once again just shows how IGNORANT you are when it comes to the Yankees (and by watching you even argue with other Red Sox fans about Renteria, Manny, ect. your even ignorant about your own team). There's one little city to blame for all of the Yankees problems, TAMPA. It's as simple as that. We can all blame A-Rod, Cashman, Mel, and whoever else we want but the root of the Yankees problems since 02 is TAMPA. For you to dis Mel is ignorant. I suppose Brown being 100 years old, Wright and Pavano's shoulder injury's, the fact that the Yankees give up on pitchers way to soon (Contreras, Vazquez, Weaver, and more), and the fact tha TAMPA made all the decisions on who comes here and who doesn't is his fault. Just stop talking Finkle, you are the epitomy of ignorant. Go back to the Red Sox thread and talk about ways to fix them!

WAH WAH WAH :rofl3:

YOU can never accuse someone of whining EVER again. What a joke...

Ray Finkle said:
Did he help them? That's my question. None of them have ever came out and said that he helped them. Usually when a pitching coach helps a pitcher they come out and give the coach credit (like all the O's did when Ray Miller turned around their staff). I just personally think Mel isn't very good. Yes the Yankees won 4 titles under Mel however do you really think guys like David Cone, Andy Pettite, Roger Clemens, Orlando Hernandez, David Wells and company needed Mel coaching them?

You are NUTS if you believe what you typed above.

Ray Finkle said:
Did he help them? That's my question. None of them have ever came out and said that he helped them. Usually when a pitching coach helps a pitcher they come out and give the coach credit (like all the O's did when Ray Miller turned around their staff). I just personally think Mel isn't very good. Yes the Yankees won 4 titles under Mel however do you really think guys like David Cone, Andy Pettite, Roger Clemens, Orlando Hernandez, David Wells and company needed Mel coaching them?

Yes, 100% they do! I pitch and still do and I'm a coach. As a coach you pickup things that they don't even know they are doing. Pitchers like hitter, get into bad habits. Its the coaches job to get them back on the right track! You also suggest small changes in the grip, standing at a different spot on the rubber.

Tell me the Braves pitching coach doesn't do anything?

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Yes, 100% they do! I pitch and still do and I'm a coach. As a coach you pickup things that they don't even know they are doing. Pitchers like hitter, get into bad habits. Its the coaches job to get them back on the right track! You also suggest small changes in the grip, standing at a different spot on the rubber.

If Bobby Cox retires that Leo will be in New York. He is the best pitching coach ever maybe.

NJFINSFAN1 said:

Yes I did give the Braves pitching coach credit, if you read a few of my later posts. If you read maybe the next thing I said I said Leo was a great coach. I also believe that coaches can and do help players.

Anyone else love the fact that this thread was made with the title "Official 2005 Yankees World Series Champion Thread"? No, just me? OK...

It's carzy that mel always gets picked on, why doesn't he get credit for any of the pitching success of the dynasty years then gets blame for guys that couldn't pitch here and all(except for Contreras) are still mediocre pitchers elsewhere. Then we have this unexpected trio of pitchers but Met doesn't get credit? It's not fair, you know who the guy was who recommended the yanks keep Small? It was Mel. The man has been a PC on FIVE World Championship teams(also w/ '86 Mets) so he must be doing something right.

Joe should be talking really soon, hopefully tomorrow and Cashman should be meeting with the guys in Tampa soon. Then we'll have an idea of what's up with this team and where we are headed!

Ray Finkle said:
ARod's mom speaks on his post season performance and why he did so poorly:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2005/news/story?id=2193739

I guess we take it for granted that these guys don't have feelings....

I don't mean to be insensitive but this is just an excuse, many players have played when losing parents or other loved ones. If he suits up he has to perform and his Uncle died on 9/30 yet after that he had a 2 for 4 game w/ a HR so it's all just an excuse as to why he was atrocious. I send my condolences and wish his family the best but this does not absolve him for his awful performance.

nyjunc said:
I don't mean to be insensitive but this is just an excuse, many players have played when losing parents or other loved ones. If he suits up he has to perform and his Uncle died on 9/30 yet after that he had a 2 for 4 game w/ a HR so it's all just an excuse as to why he was atrocious. I send my condolences and wish his family the best but this does not absolve him for his awful performance.

Well I didn't want to say that because then I'd get bashed by people saying I'm a Yankee hater. I do feel bad for the guy and wish him and his family the best however I don't think the death of his Uncle made him play the way he did in the post season. If I remember correctly he did have a nice Saturday against Boston going 4 for 5 with a homer the day after his uncle died.

You could point to people like Roger Clemens and Brett Farve who played great the day of or day after they died (as did Arod). Of course everyone is effected differently. And I think Alex has a few mental problems of his own he needs to deal with but I think it definitely bothered him a great deal.

nyjunc said:

I know it's a different sport, but the way Brett Favre came out after his father died the next night was something to watch. If he was that grief-stricken, maybe he would have been better off not playing. I agree, I think it's an excuse. You feel for him, but it's an excuse.

Back
Top Bottom