**Official 2006 MLB Playoffs Thread** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official 2006 MLB Playoffs Thread**

MLB didnt want to start the game at 7 because it was overcast. When it poured they obviosuly couldnt start it then.

Boik14 said:
MLB didnt want to start the game at 7 because it was overcast. When it poured they obviosuly couldnt start it then.

I know it was raining but I think their was supposed to be a break in the rain but MLB did not want to start the game and then be forced to call it and leave both teams short-handed with pitching.

hahahaha. A-rod choked on that strikeout. HAHAHAHAHAHA. WOW.. Two 101 MPH fastballs, 1 curveball straight down the middle, caught looking. Wow..

Vertical Limit said:
hahahaha. A-rod choked on that strikeout. HAHAHAHAHAHA. WOW.. Two 101 MPH fastballs, 1 curveball straight down the middle, caught looking. Wow..

Verlander's curve is NASTY. A-Rod choking is to be expected though.

Vertical Limit said:
Wait...the guy throws him two straight 101 MPH fastballs and then with two strikes throws a HAMMER for strike three and he "choked"?

No one was gonna do anything with the pitches he saw....NO ONE.

Verlander can be nasty. You HAVE to look fastball or you'll be late on it. If he can get his curve over for strikes he's a TOUGH guy to do anything against.

BTW...I'm NOT a Yankees fan. I just find it stunning someone can say he "choked" because he did'nt do anything with what Verlander threw at him.

unifiedtheory said:
Wait...the guy throws him two straight 101 MPH fastballs and then with two strikes throws a HAMMER for strike three and he "choked"?

No one was gonna do anything with the pitches he saw....NO ONE.

Verlander can be nasty. You HAVE to look fastball or you'll be late on it. If he can get his curve over for strikes he's a TOUGH guy to do anything against.

BTW...I'm NOT a Yankees fan. I just find it stunning someone can say he "choked" because he did'nt do anything with what Verlander threw at him.

You don't get it. AROD could get a hit 99 out of 100 times, and he would be considered a "CHOKER" by some because he didn't get a hit that 47th time in the middle when there was a guy on 3rd base with less than 2 outs. That's the type of logic we deal with around here with some.

Let people hang themselves and type what they type. They are laughed at by so many people here its not even funny. IF THEY ONLY KNEW!! Let them ruin their credibility!! That is the funny part! :sidelol:

If the Cardinals win this game today I won't be able to take SD seriously for awhile. The Cards couldn't beat the Bad News Bears over the last 2 weeks of the season and Jeff Weaver is throwing a gem for them right now.

So the Tigers have Verlander ringing it up in triple digits then have Zumaya bringing it in at 103. I'm not going to say A-Rod is a choker or anything like that but if the Yankees win the WS and he does not have a good playoff performance the critics aren't going to go away. I can see Carpenter shutting down a lineup but Jeff Weaver? Forget crushing A-Rod the whole Padres lineup is 0-10 with RISP.

djfresh47 said:
So the Tigers have Verlander ringing it up in triple digits then have Zumaya bringing it in at 103. I'm not going to say A-Rod is a choker or anything like that but if the Yankees win the WS and he does not have a good playoff performance the critics aren't going to go away. I can see Carpenter shutting down a lineup but Jeff Weaver? Forget crushing A-Rod the whole Padres lineup is 0-10 with RISP.

Hey people who are going to come in and kill Arod, you better kill Sheffield (batting .125- same as Arod), Cano (.000) and Mussina too.

And I'm not knocking the Yankees with that (because I still think they'll win the series), just pointing out that those other guys shouldn't get a free pass when Arod is getting hammered.

Also SD is pathetic, how can you get shut out by Jeff Weaver?

And Dodger fans, Grady Little is being Grady Little again in the 2006 playoffs already. If there's a big situation in a game don't count on Little coming through.

Ray Finkle said:
Hey people who are going to come in and kill Arod, you better kill Sheffield (batting .125- same as Arod), Cano (.000) and Mussina too.

And I'm not knocking the Yankees with that (because I still think they'll win the series), just pointing out that those other guys shouldn't get a free pass when Arod is getting hammered.

Also SD is pathetic, how can you get shut out by Jeff Weaver?

And Dodger fans, Grady Little is being Grady Little again in the 2006 playoffs already. If there's a big situation in a game don't count on Little coming through.

It's really easy to understand why the guys you mentioned don't get the criticism that A-Rod does. A-Rod gets what he gets from the fans because he's not Derek Jeter. Since A-Rod and Jeter have come up they've always been compared and now that A-Rod can't cut it in big spots like Jeter does, he gets killed. Sheff, Cano, and Moose, they don't have to worry about being compared to Jeter, only A-Rod does!

Ray Finkle said:
If the Cardinals win this game today I won't be able to take SD seriously for awhile. The Cards couldn't beat the Bad News Bears over the last 2 weeks of the season and Jeff Weaver is throwing a gem for them right now.
And people thought the mets had problems? Jeff weaver as a #2 starter!!??!? In a playoff series? Oh my. I cant stop LOL'ing. :D

unifiedtheory said:
It just shows how terrible the NL is...

All I know is if you beat the Twins (and its looking like you will) and the Yankees make it past Detroit you better beat them :lol: I hate the Yankees

I wonder....which Danny Hsaren shows up today?

The 8 IP, 4 Hits, 1 ER, 6 K, 0 BB Danny Haren?

Or the 4 IP, 9 Hits, 6 ER, 2 K, 3 BB Danny Haren...

There is no in between with the guy.

Back
Top Bottom