**Official 2006 MLB Playoffs Thread** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official 2006 MLB Playoffs Thread**

Well finally the A's won't be labeled as chokers (and I guess Billy Beane gets to keep his job too).

A's are on a roll right now and have their pitching lined up for the ALCS right now. I'm just worried about Street. He hasn't been dominating at all in these 3 games, I think he still has a tired arm.

This leaves a bad taste in the Twins mouths for sure. They were the hottest team in baseball and ended up losing 2 games in the Dome and never recovered.

Well, well, well.....

I guess they aren't "chokers" after all.

Wait a minute, with only 3 players that were on the team the last time they made the playoffs how exactly were they chokers to begin with?

I agree with Ray Finkle, I am really worried about Street. He is giving up a LOT of hits and leaving it over the plate too much for my liking. I'm also worried about the long term impact of Mark Ellis' injury. The guy is NAILS in the field (and he should win the gold glove at 2nd base this year).

I hope today gets Chavvy and Milton out of their hitting slumps.

Anyway...on to the ALCS.

Lirano could be moved to the bullpen next year too (when he is healthy). There is talk of that. The Twins might have thrown his arm out this year. Hunter could be gone. That team is a mess heading into the offseason.

icephinfan said:
Twins choked!!!!!

IMO

They spent so much energy just trying to get to the postseason that once they were there, there wasnt all that much left in the tank.

Even if thats not true, still have to hand it to the A's they played well

icephinfan said:
Twins choked!!!!!

the word "CHOKED" gets thrown around way too often. As does the word "CLUTCH".

Seriously, Minnesota making the playoffs on the back of 1 pitcher the last half of the season isn't choking. Winning over 90 games isn't choking.

MikeO said:
Lirano could be moved to the bullpen next year too (when he is healthy). There is talk of that. The Twins might have thrown his arm out this year. Hunter could be gone. That team is a mess heading into the offseason.

I agree. I think a lot of these teams if not all 8 playoff teams could be in trouble next year as well as a lot of teams that didn't even make the playoffs. The FA market is very thin, even worse than last year if that's even possible. Teams will have to reach into their farms and play the kids if they can't land a big name in the market either by trade or FA.

MikeO said:
the word "CHOKED" gets thrown around way too often. As does the word "CLUTCH".

Seriously, Minnesota making the playoffs on the back of 1 pitcher the last half of the season isn't choking. Winning over 90 games isn't choking.

Oh please, they choked in the series. I said nothing about the season.

Rocky Raccoon said:
:yes:

and congrats to you and your A's...and good luck in the next round! :up:
To be honest, just seeing them in the playoffs is enough for me. Winning a round is ****ing STELLAR!

My teams (A's, Bruins, Dolphins) have not done a whole hell of a lot in the playoffs the last decade so this is great stuff.

It's great to have something to cheer about AFTER the season is over.

The ALCS is going to be tough regardless. They either get to navigate the Yankees lineup or have to face that Tigers pitching staff that looks tough right now.

The A's get to set up their staff while they wait. Zito gets the ball in game one but after that it is a bit of a mystery. I'm HOPING they go to Harden in game 2. They stretched him out to 95 pitches in his last start so he should be able to give them 6+.

Street scares me right now though...I'd like to see "The Duke" close out games....I trust him. Huston will be okay but I think the injuries this year are still affecting him...

Damn, it is GREAT to be talking about my team this time of year! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom