Official 2007 Angels of Anaheim Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2007 Angels of Anaheim Thread

A little A's news for you Angels fans, Danny Haren will start opening day.

Drafted him over the weekend in another of my fantasy leagues so hopefully he does alright, but not well against the Angels or well enough for you guys to win the division :tongue:

Drafted him over the weekend in another of my fantasy leagues so hopefully he does alright, but not well against the Angels or well enough for you guys to win the division :tongue:
:tongue:

Everything I've read from the Spring says that he finally has his cutter working for him. He messed around with it last Spring but lost confidence in it really early.

In other news, Rich Harden has been ridiculous all Spring using only fastballs and change ups. 8.2 IP in 3 appearences, 1.04 ERA, 6 Hits, 1 earned run, 18 K's and 1 BB. He's supposed to make one more Spring Start, scheduled for 4 innings where he's going to mix in his splitter.

If he starts 30+ games he'll be top 3 for the Cy Young, the issue is him staying healthy enough to start over 30 games. He's been on the DL at least once every season he's played.

For some strange reason, I get the feeling that the Halos will lead all of baseball in stolen base attempts this year.

Weaver will start the season on the DL but it's more just to get him ready since he got such a late start than because of injury at this point from the sound of things. He should be ready by the 12th so he's just missing 1 game. Hopefully there are no lingering affects from this though.

There is definitely no pain, no nothing anymore so it's pretty relieving," said Weaver, who was dealing with soreness at the top of his right upper arm because of biceps tendinitis. "It's a matter of getting the feel of the (mound) slope and release point now."

Figgins broke his finger and is out indefinitely. He thinks he'll be ready for the start of the season though.

Angels turned their 2nd triple day of the Spring today. They need to save this for when I'm at the park.

PEORIA, ARIZ.  It was a good day for three. Again.

Transforming the rare into the routine, the Angels turned their second triple play of the spring in Tuesday night's 8-7, 10-inning loss to the San Diego Padres. In the 46-year history of the franchise, the Angels have turned six triple plays.

With runners at the corners and no outs in the first inning, right-hander Ervin Santana, with Todd Walker running from first, struck out Josh Bard. Catcher Mike Napoli threw to second base, but Walker stopped before reaching the bag.

Shortstop Orlando Cabrera ran Walker toward first and threw to first baseman Casey Kotchman, who applied the tag on Walker. Brian Giles drifted off third, and Kotchman, who was involved in the team's triple play against Arizona on March 8, threw to third baseman Chone Figgins, who tagged out Giles.

"How about that?" Manager Mike Scioscia said. "It took Ervin 16 pitches to get to that point in the inning and one more pitch to get out of it."

What's the deal with Colon? I've been hearing he's throwing the ball extremely well on the sidelines and in BP the other day, when is he expected back?

Figgins is going to miss the first month of the season now. He'll be missed on the base paths but it isnt a big loss imo. Izturis and Quinlan can fill in nicely. This will also ensure that Aybar makes the team and will get some at bats.

And Kendrick is batting .400 so far this spring, cant wait to see him in the lineup everyday :)

Angels havent had a triple play during the regular season since '97 but have 3 this spring. Had another last night vs the Dodgers. Hopefully this is a sign that the defense will do better than they did last year

Back
Top Bottom