Official 2007 Angels of Anaheim Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2007 Angels of Anaheim Thread

i smell mariners sweeping there first series of the regular season....what you think unified?
I think that would be a bad way to start the season for my A's.

A's take two out of three.:wink:

I'm heading to the "Safe" to see the weekend series in July if everything lines up right, just have to do the g/f some favours...LOL!

I look forward to the first Weaver v Weaver matchup. Heck, I look forward to any matchup involving your pitching staff :D
your pitchers dont look forward to facing ichiro, and your batters dont look forward to facing the king, rest of pitching staff doesnt scare anyone but mariner fans(cuz they are so bad)

Dan Johnson is out 3 months with torn cartilage in his hip. Add in the injury to Mark Kotsay and it's opened the door for Travis Buck to perhaps make the team.

He was told he had no chance of making the big league roster this year. He's one of the A's top prospects and was ticketed for a year in Sacremento. With the injuries though and his stellar spring (six doubles .370 with a .574 slugging percentage) he could hget a taste sooner then expected.

He's compared to Jason Giambi (accept he can play the outfield), He won't spend the year up in Oakland though, he'll be in AAA maybe in a week or two.

The rotation to start the year is:

1 - Danny Haren
2 - Joe Blanton
3 - Rich Harden
4 - Esteban Loaiza
5 - Joe Kennedy (maybe)

Esteban Loaiza's already hurt though and could miss his first start.

The batting order is stil a little up in the air because of the Johnson and Kotsay injuries. I think Nick Swsher will move back to first base when Kotsay and or Bobby Kielty get back. Ruby Durazo will likely start the season at first base.

1. Jason Kendall, C:
Smart, tough and intense. A's offense took off in second half after he moved into leadoff spot.
2. Shannon Stewart, LF:
Excellent spring suggested foot problems that cost him most of last year have been solved.
3. Milton Bradley, CF:
Taking over for Kotsay in center shouldn't be a problem. If Bradley stays healthy, expect a monster year.
4. Mike Piazza, DH:
Future Hall of Famer had huge spring as first-time designated hitter. Still plenty of pop in his bat.
5. Eric Chavez, 3B:
Coming off career-worst year, tinkered with stance during spring and never looked quite right.
6. Nick Swisher, RF:
Switch hitter came on strong late in spring. A budding star too productive to bat sixth all year.
7. Bobby Crosby, SS:
Looked good after missing most of Cactus League while rehabbing back, but still a question mark.
8. Erubial Durazo, 1B:
Durazo is third on the team with 14 RBIs and is hitting .283 after being away from MLB last year.
9. Mark Ellis, 2B:
Not a huge numbers guy, but makes every play, has sneaky pop and plays a fantastic all-around game.

The bench will be strong once everyone gets healthy and it is a flexible lineup. The bullpen will be the strength of the club though and will need to be because the rotation could be shaky for the first time in a long time. They nee Rich Harden to start 30 games.

Back
Top Bottom