***Official 2007 Miami Dolphins Draft Thread (Day 2)*** | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official 2007 Miami Dolphins Draft Thread (Day 2)***

Kelvin Smith is a tackling machine. He's also very strong and has decent size. He'll provide good depth for us at LB. I'm not sure if he has good enough speed to ever be a starter though. Bottom line though is that he is a player.

Brandon Fields is the punter we needed. He is a good one too and we didn't have to draft him in earlier rounds like some of the other teams did.

Welcome to the Phins Kelvin Smith and Brandon Fields!

:bighug:

I hope we get Tim Mixon with our last pick.

Go Phins!

I wanted us to take a punter and he was pretty good at Michigan...the last pick should be a DE or a Safety imo but we'll see......I'm already very happy with our draft...we haven't even have many picks in the last 6 or 7 years and we really took care of the offence, special teams and our defence was already pretty good after getting Porter....good offseason to me.

Ozzy rules!!

we did need a punter. so why are people acting like the sky is falling? its the 7th round

I love how people get so upset when people they have never seen play aren't drafted.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analyzer/MIA

I have no compliants..love what we have done, and outside of improving our DB depth/talent I think this has been an A+ draft.

We have significantly improved the team speed on O, and the OL depth (C/G). I like the DL youth picks too. Heck we got a P to boot!

All in all, I am very happy......a given player or two may have been selected over who we took, but that happens every year, and I can live and understand why we took who we took when we took them.

A+ to our Front Office with these two days.

You are KIDDING me right? A PUNTER? Brandon Sharp, Tim Mixon, Dane Uperesa, 3 STEALS at this point in the draft at 3 positions we DESPERATELY need (S, CB, and OT respectively) and we take a damn PUNTER :shakeno:.

I had SUCH high expectations for this draft, and ever since passing on Quinn they have gone straight downhill. The slide slowed with the Satele pick, but then it started dropping fast again with the Booker pick.

I'm surprised at your 2 cents Agent 51, how many O lineman can we draft after all? We needed a punter and we drafted one. If the folks you listed aren't drafted (at this point it is much better to get an invite over being drafted BTW) would that vindicate Mueller et al? I didn't like the Booker pick because he underperformed, he didn't create, but he is quick, and he only needs 5.1 yards a catch....

we did need a punter. so why are people acting like the sky is falling? its the 7th round

hahaha, yeah, I think the frustration in all of us has come to a boil.

For a 24 yr old yousure are making some stupid accusations towards your team. Now people grow up, find out what the draft is all about and READ thngs like "Donnie Jones" signed for 1 mill with St. Louis. That is why we drafted a punter.

NOW big hug:bighug:

I would have much rather had Brandon Siler over Kelvin Smith.

I'm amazed Siler has not been drafted to this point. He's better than David Harris of Michigan and he went in the 2nd.

For a 24 yr old yousure are making some stupid accusations towards your team. Now people grow up, find out what the draft is all about and READ thngs like "Donnie Jones" signed for 1 mill with St. Louis. That is why we drafted a punter.

NOW big hug:bighug:

You know, I have done nothing but respect everyone else's opinions, and I expect the same in return.

Back
Top Bottom