Official 76ers Thread | Page 64 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

Fan reaction from the Wachovia Center.

[video=youtube;A_oQnGyZOsE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_oQnGyZOsE&playnext_from=TL&videos=DYntqmXxIwQ[/video]

Finally us Sixers fans have something to look forward to again.

Also, some good interviews on www.76ers.com.

The fans should have some optimism because this team has the pieces to be a whole lot better than they were last season.

The fans should have some optimism because this team has the pieces to be a whole lot better than they were last season.

The firing of Jordan and hiring of Collins alone was enough to bring us back to the 40 win team we were before Jordan got here.

With Collins son being an assistant at Duke, I wonder if we bring in Brian Zoubek or John Scheyer, both went undrafted? I wouldn't mind bringing Sherron Collins in either. Also Omar Samhan and Artsiom Parakhouski could be worth a look. There's also Charles Garcia and Wayne Chism. Definitely some UDFA's out there I'd like to try out.

With Collins son being an assistant at Duke, I wonder if we bring in Brian Zoubek or John Scheyer, both went undrafted? I wouldn't mind bringing Sherron Collins in either. Also Omar Samhan and Artsiom Parakhouski could be worth a look. There's also Charles Garcia and Wayne Chism. Definitely some UDFA's out there I'd like to try out.

collins is a waste of $ and scheyer is only a shooter, we have kapono for that...zoubek would make more sense..would love to see him here, hopefully 76ers contact him

so what exactly went wrong with Eddie Jordan as HC? I used to watch 6er games all the time, but never really got into it this past season.

One thing I'm pretty positive on is the 6ers do have a bright future if they can find the right coach (if Collins is that or not, I do not know.) Thad YOung, Jrue Holliday, Mo Speights, Jason Smith off the bench, and Evan Turner are all very highly thought of around the league.

so what exactly went wrong with Eddie Jordan as HC? I used to watch 6er games all the time, but never really got into it this past season.

One thing I'm pretty positive on is the 6ers do have a bright future if they can find the right coach (if Collins is that or not, I do not know.) Thad YOung, Jrue Holliday, Mo Speights, Jason Smith off the bench, and Evan Turner are all very highly thought of around the league.

It was the defense. With Mo Cheeks, we at least played decent defense. Last year was some of the worst defense I have ever seen in my entire life because of Eddie Jordan's awful scheme double teaming every single person in the paint leaving 3 point shooters wide open. Collins preaches defense, and Holiday, Turner, and Iggy are exceptional defenders. It didn't help either that Jordan was brought in to improve our offense, and our offense was just as bad as it was under Cheeks. Jordan scrapped the Princeton not even halfway through the season and went right back to Mo Cheeks Iso Ball. And then of course there's Jordan's awful rotations. 82 games into the season and we still hadn't set up a consistent rotation :lol: And then of course Jordan LOVED small lineups, specifically ones with no defenders on the floor. Small ball doesn't win, plain and simple. All in all, Jordan is the worst coach I have ever witnessed.

But he did land us Evan Turner, so for that, I thank him.

gotya. I didn't think Jordan was a good hire to begin with. He was successful in Washington because he had Arenas, Jamison, and Butler in their primes, plus got a decent year out of Larry Hughes one year, and 2 out of Deshawn Stevenson. But I don't think they ever really ran the Princeton effectively, they just had really good offensive players.

I never thought the Princeton would work for the 6ers because A)They didn't have good passing big men B)It requires good movement off the ball which the 6ers seem to lack.

gotya. I didn't think Jordan was a good hire to begin with. He was successful in Washington because he had Arenas, Jamison, and Butler in their primes, plus got a decent year out of Larry Hughes one year, and 2 out of Deshawn Stevenson. But I don't think they ever really ran the Princeton effectively, they just had really good offensive players.

I never thought the Princeton would work for the 6ers because A)They didn't have good passing big men B)It requires good movement off the ball which the 6ers seem to lack.

jordan was a terrible hire..he will never been a hc in the nba again..he will go down as 1 of the worst ever hc in philly

Didn't have the shooters for the Princeton either. The Princeton just wasn't a good fit at all. And when that failed, they went to the same iso ball that Mo Cheeks has failed with.

Some great videos on NBA.com. Some really good interviews with Turner, Collins, Stefanski and DiLeo, Julius Erving and Moses Malone.

Some updates. I speculated earlier that with Collins son an assistant at Duke, maybe they bring in Zoubek or Scheyer. Heard today that the Sixers are indeed trying to get Brian Zoubek in for summer league, though rumors are he's leaning towards the Nets. Heard that the reason they didn't get a 2nd round pick is because more moves may be coming, and they wouldn't have been able to fit that player on the roster. While I do see more moves coming, I think they didn't get a 2nd is because comcast is cheap. As I've been saying, the Sixers will get rid of one of the SF's. Looks like the Sixers are keeping Green and Kapono to use them as chips at the deadline. This leaves Young and Iggy, and my guess is Young is as good as gone, most likely for a defensive big. Collins thinks Jrue, Turner, and Iggy can be the best in the league defensively, and I have to agree with him. I mentioned Byron Mullens a while back, he's still on the table. He's a project though. I don't have anything on what the plans are for a big man though other than it's going to be a defensive Center. Biedrins and Perkins are on the block.

Back
Top Bottom