Official 76ers Thread | Page 74 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

And it just keeps getting better. With the Carmelo to the Nets trade stalling, the Nuggets are very much talking to the Sixers about sending Carmelo to the Sixers for Carmelo.

The Sixers and Denver are talking about a potential trade that would bring Carmelo Anthony to Philadelphia and send Andre Iguodala to Denver, a Western Conference executive has confirmed to the Daily News.

The executive said Nuggets GM Masai Ujiri has spoken with Ed Stefanski.

Other players would need to be involved in the trade to match salaries.

The Sixers are not among the four teams that Anthony has said are his preferred destinations, with Chicago and New York at the top of his list.

The Sixers also would need to get Anthony to sign an extension. His contract expires after the season and he has not signed a 3-year extension offered by Denver.

Iguodala agreed to a 6-year, $80 million contract with the Sixers in August 2008.

Reports late last week had Anthony close to going to New Jersey in a complex four-team deal that also involved Utah and Charlotte. The New York Daily News is reporting that the Bobcats are holding up the deal, unwilling to include point guard D.J. Augustin. Charlotte was expecting Augustin would replace Raymond Felton, who left this offseason via free agency.

With that deal in peril, the Nuggets have explored other options.

Indications are that the Nuggets would like a deal done before they begin training camp tomorrow.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports..._Anthony_Western_exec_says.html#ixzz10fBZrxRL
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/Sixers_in_talks_for_Carmelo_Anthony_Western_exec_says.html

News just keeps coming on the Carmelo front. Stephen A. Smith says Denver wants Iggy badly. Can't stand SAS, but he is a very credible source. The problem with this whole deal though, and why I don't think we land Carmelo, is that Carmelo doesn't want to play here. I wouldn't be shocked one bit if we do help Carmelo land elsewhere though in a multi team deal. Rod Thorn wants to make a spash, you better believe that. Just like he did in NJ trading for Jason Kidd.

I would love to bring Melo here. With him and the young talent we have, there could be nice things for the Sixers. However, like you said, I don't think Melo will come here because we aren't a preferred of his. Here's hoping he changes his mind.

I would love to bring Melo here. With him and the young talent we have, there could be nice things for the Sixers. However, like you said, I don't think Melo will come here because we aren't a preferred of his. Here's hoping he changes his mind.

If anyone can change his mind, it's Doug Collins.

Chris Broussard says any possible trade would include Evan Turner. Shoddy reporting as usual from Broussard who has lost all credibility within the last year. Not true in the slightest though. Jrue and Turner are untouchable, and the Nuggets like Iggy a lot. It would revolve around Iggy, expirings, a 1st, maybe other picks, and possibly one of our young guys like Thad, Speights, or Lou, but I doubt it, unless we got a guy like Birdman back, which I wouldn't mind if it meant trading Speights away. I like Brackins a lot more than Speights, and Birdman gives us a much needed post presence.

Still, much more possible that we help Carmelo land elsewhere and land a guy like Favors, as opposed to dealing straight up with the Nuggets for Carmelo. There's no chance we pull off a trade for Carmelo if he isn't willing to resign 1st.

Either way the much hyped 4 way trade between Denver, NJ, Utah, and Charlotte is all but dead at this point. Nuggets are right at the luxury tax, and that deal would cost them 5 million, putting them above the cap.

The deal with the Knicks isn't going to happen. Knicks aren't willing to give up what the Nuggets want. Almost no chance he's traded to the Bulls. Sixers are very much in this thing as much as anyone. Whether that means gettign Carmelo, or being involved to get someone else.

From what I'm hearing, Carmelo just isn't going to happen. The Nuggets want to trade him to Philly, as they want Iggy more than any of the other offers being made to them, but our inability in getting Carmelo to commit to resigning will be the end of this possibility. So unless Carmelo has a change of heart, the best we can hope for is being a part of a Carmelo trade getting Favors, which is a very real possibility at this point. The Nets are restructuring a contract for Carmelo. The Nuggets want Iggy over Favors. It all comes down to if we'd rather have Iggy or take a chance on Favors. If we're getting expiring deals though, I can't see why we wouldn't do it. Rod Thorn likes Favors a lot, after all he drafted him, and Collins is one of the smartest guys out there. He knows we need a force in the paint like a Favors. We'll see.

From what I'm hearing, Carmelo just isn't going to happen. The Nuggets want to trade him to Philly, as they want Iggy more than any of the other offers being made to them, but our inability in getting Carmelo to commit to resigning will be the end of this possibility. So unless Carmelo has a change of heart, the best we can hope for is being a part of a Carmelo trade getting Favors, which is a very real possibility at this point. The Nets are restructuring a contract for Carmelo. The Nuggets want Iggy over Favors. It all comes down to if we'd rather have Iggy or take a chance on Favors. If we're getting expiring deals though, I can't see why we wouldn't do it. Rod Thorn likes Favors a lot, after all he drafted him, and Collins is one of the smartest guys out there. He knows we need a force in the paint like a Favors. We'll see.
I've heard Melo us denying that he requested for a trade. He would be great to have, but it doesn't sound like it'll happen. I would be interested to see the deal they want for Iggy, but t doesn't sound like Melo is coming here, much to my disappointment.

Some good Sixers TC videos up on NBA.com. One particularly I enjoyed was Reggie Miller's interview. He was at our TC to do interviews and ended up getting called on by Collins to speak with the team, had players coming up to him asking questions, etc. Good interview.

Some good Sixers TC videos up on NBA.com. One particularly I enjoyed was Reggie Miller's interview. He was at our TC to do interviews and ended up getting called on by Collins to speak with the team, had players coming up to him asking questions, etc. Good interview.
That was good stuff. I have always liked Miller as a broadcaster. He seems to know what he's talking about.

from reports i read, it would turne is having a prb picking up the offense and may not start...god i hope he starts...he is the number two pick overall

from reports i read, it would turne is having a prb picking up the offense and may not start...god i hope he starts...he is the number two pick overall
I hope he starts. We don't want the number 2 pick being on the bench to start the year. Hopefully it'll change.

The problem is that he had the ball in his hands 95% of the time at Ohio State. He rarely played off the ball so he's still learning how to cut, come off screens, etc. I have no problems with them playing him as the backup PG until he gets better off the ball.

Jrue Holiday has been great so far in camp. I'm telling you guys, this kid has the goods to be a top 5 pg in this league. Defensively and offensively. Another guy looking great is Craig Brackens. He's been money from 3. Kapono has looked real good also. A little scrimmage video available on sixers.com. Turner put a nasty move on someone for a baseline jumper, missed the shot, but nasty move nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom