*** OFFICIAL BALTIMORE RAVENS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** Week 13 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL BALTIMORE RAVENS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** Week 13

Ironically, I see it the opposite of you....I think in pre-planning, we are outmatched consistently....but when it gets to the middle part of the game and the game plans have evolved or are out the window, we actually perform better.

I think the intensity is high to start games and end games and we never seem to be ready for that. Intensity isn't quite as high once the games start going and that is why we do well in 2nd and 3rd quarters.

No, that is a good point on your part that things picked up mid game. Trust me, I am not defending anything with Joe's staffs.

I guess my gripe is the coaches we have right now are totally not qualified to be competing in their current roles they have today.

We both completely agree on this!

I think the intensity is high to start games and end games and we never seem to be ready for that. Intensity isn't quite as high once the games start going and that is why we do well in 2nd and 3rd quarters.

You know, I see this same thing to some degree. Especially in the first quarter.

I do feel however, that in the 4th quarter, we are at times....afraid to win. This team appears to me to be waiting for something bad to happen instead of expecting something good to happen and I think it shows up most in the 4th quarter. To me, that is a culture issue that starts at the top and the type of thing that is influenced (like in the Dallas game) by punting on the 50 yard line with 6 minutes left and down 2 scores. That culture change is the number one thing we need to expect a new coach to change.

As much as i had circled this game as a revenge game (hate balt. most of any non divison opponent) coming into this season.. i honestly hope we lose this game. Flame away but im were not making the playoffs and we need to finish this house cleaning, players and all.

As much as i had circled this game as a revenge game (hate balt. most of any non divison opponent) coming into this season.. i honestly hope we lose this game. Flame away but im were not making the playoffs and we need to finish this house cleaning, players and all.

Why I want a win? The QB needs some success and momentum. Without it, the team is even in more turmoil going into the offseason. It is one thing to feel you need a CB or LG. It is another to think the QB you invested time and money into to be a failure. RT has to have success the next five weeks.

If he has success, Miami's future appears brighter. If he sucks, Miami appears even further away. Big five weeks.

I'm sure that is your opinion....but I don't agree. I believe that one of the larger reasons we struggle at the beginning of games is due to the planning and scripting of the offense and defense for the first couple of series of the game. We don't score points early and we struggle on defense early.

Ironically, I see it the opposite of you....I think in pre-planning, we are outmatched consistently....but when it gets to the middle part of the game and the game plans have evolved or are out the window, we actually perform better.

I agree, the total concept of the offense and defense has been obsolete for over two years and the fans all saw this and opposing players harped on how easy it is to figure the Dolphins out. Sadly when you also mix in the lack of and depth we've had on the OL which is intensified by the QB's weaknesses being exentuated and strengths not often used, that recepie is exactly what we're seeing produced on the field.

I was watching NFL Matchup on ESPN this morning and they were talking of the X's and O's battle between Bruce Arians and Gregg Williams. I thought to myself how inexperienced and intellectually challenged our coaches are. We are playing checkers while the other teams are chess.
checkers can be intense!

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 12m12 minutes ago
#Colts owner Jim Irsay told me he believes QB Andrew Luck will be back for Week 15 vs. the #Texans. Week 16 vs. #Dolphins at the latest

Figures.

How the hell are the Fins a -4.5 favorites today? They are not even close in these games.

CVjX03DUYAADAJZ-1.png

I'm expect we see a few things from Tannehill today that we haven't seen this season. Being part of the game planning and free from Lazor should at least make things more unpredictable even if it is basic. Also, we talk about getting one vision in the organization, there should be a unified group effort today on offense.

The organization needs a turnaround when I'm annoyed at my obligation to watch the Fins game due to the fact that there's a very good slate of other early games.

Back
Top Bottom