Official Cuts, Releases, Rumors Of such League Wide | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Cuts, Releases, Rumors Of such League Wide

POSTED BY DAYTONA FIN:
"The 49ers are reportedly open to dealing one of their reserve inside linebackers.

According to Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee, the club has placed fourth-year pro Michael Wilhoite on the trading block.

With Navorro Bowman (knee) missing the entire season and Patrick Willis (toe) sitting out the final 10 games, the 28-year-old Wilhoite was a 16-game starter for San Francisco in 2014, notching 87 tackles, six passes defended and two picks.

However, Wilhoite figures as a backup this season, and the 49ers are willing to move the exclusive-rights free agent, the Bee reports. The club seeks a sixth- or seventh-round pick, the newspaper said."

i am shocked nobody is mentioning this here at all.... now i think we would have to trade for hi mthough sadly, 7th rounder??? but if we are unable to get a Harris, Maulaluga, or any solid to decent ILB in FA... I stil lwould like to get one with some sort of experience in the NFL, as well as Kendricks obviously in the draft.

Michael Wilhoite was an undrafted player who filled in for SF due to injuries/issues with Bowman and Willis, and he played i believe every game this past season. he is definitely just an average ILB if anything, and isnt going to be playing much with healthy LBs in San Francisco. if we can get him very cheap, as well as once again not being able to obtain an ILB in FA, would he be worth a 7th round pick???

Any team in need of linebacker help? Curtis Lofton is now available.

The 28-year-old, who has yet to miss a regular-season game in his professional career, is being shopped by the Saints' organization

Lofton will count $9.25 million against the Saints' salary cap this season, and could be a part of some massive money shuffling. The team is currently more than $21 million over the threshold for 2015.

Lofton's dead money is roughly $5 million, which makes the trade route the first -- and most convenient -- route for New Orleans to take, though it's uncertain they'll find takers at that price.

Even in a versatile Rob Ryan scheme, Lofton played a heavy amount -- almost 1100 snaps -- in 2014 and registered 100 tackles and a forced fumble.

He's currently signed through the 2017 season.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...opping-curtis-lofton?campaign=Twitter_atn_orr

Saints reportedly are having to make a lot of tough cuts this year because they truly are in cap hell. Supposedly Junior Gallette, and a few other starters are candidates for cuts. We've already heard about Jahri Evans and Ben Grubbs

That's bad reporting on Lofton. Bad as in misleading and/or incomplete. The question is how much would Lofton count against another team's cap, and the answer is not 9.25 million. As far as I can tell the answer is 7.25 million.

Doug Kyed ‏@DougKyedNESN 1m1 minute ago
Vince Wilfork Announces Patriots Won’t Pick Up Option, Will Hit Free Agency

i'm hesitant with that comment. Do you think Cobb is an actual #1 WR??? would be awesome for Oakland to bring him in, which I think will happen.... but I doubt they would pass up on a Cooper as well to play beside him and to help Carr develop more!!!

If they're paying him $11 million a season (which is what I'm hearing) then they must be looking at him as their #1 WR. They have a lot of holes to fill and my guess is if they sign Cobb they go elsewhere in the draft...probably O-line.

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Doug Kyed ‏@DougKyedNESN 1m1 minute ago
Vince Wilfork Announces Patriots Won’t Pick Up Option, Will Hit Free Agency

That's Belichick for you...Mr. Loyal. Play your best years in New England but after that you're gone. Tom Brady better prepare himself cause once Bill thinks he's in decline he's getting traded.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
Free agent DL Kendall Langford scheduled to visit Jets later today & stay overnight (physical/meet coaches, etc) #nyj

Brian Costello of the New York Post suggests a few guards to keep an eye on for the Jets this offseason including Mike Iupati (49ers), Orlando Franklin (Broncos), James Carpenter (Seahawks), and Clint Boling (Bengals).

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

TURRON DAVENPORT ‏@TDavenport_NFL
Word is that the Seahawks will strongly consider signing former Packers CB Tramon Williams.

Free agent CB Cary Williams is visiting the Seahawks Thursday.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Former Falcons WR Harry Douglas visiting Titans and his former coach Mike Mularkey today. Logical fit.

lex Marvez @alexmarvez · 17m 17 minutes ago
If you're the @colts, think a motivated @wilfork75 could help get you over the hump vs the @patriots? @NFLonFOX

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot
#Browns are still in the running for Brian Hartline, but he's visiting the #Texans today, league source tells http://cleveland.com .

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Lions G/T Garrett Reynolds is expected to test free agency

are the Jets just going to take everyone??? Kendall... I thought we were homies... dont go Jets!!!

Dockett, I am shocked... i thought he would be staying a Cardinal

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot
#Browns are still in the running for Brian Hartline, but he's visiting the #Texans today

told Andre Johnson to look for a new team because he wont be starting.. and now they're after Hartline? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom