*** OFFICIAL DOLPHINS @ BROWNS GAME THREAD *** Week 1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL DOLPHINS @ BROWNS GAME THREAD *** Week 1

Not sure what would make you think that. Weeden and Tannehill's QB ratings last year were not significantly different from each other, and despite Tannehill's high QB rating in the preseason, Weeden's was slightly higher.

I don't think there's any reason to think Weeden will improve any less than Tannehill this year, and that my just start tomorrow.

I dont think tannehill is better than weeden... I know he is

Not sure what would make you think that. Weeden and Tannehill's QB ratings last year were not significantly different from each other, and despite Tannehill's high QB rating in the preseason, Weeden's was slightly higher.

I don't think there's any reason to think Weeden will improve any less than Tannehill this year, and that my just start tomorrow.

Well I don't put much stock in the QB rating so I don't see it. I think Tannehill is a lot better.

don't spin things around. you yourself were talking about improving. key word "improving". and actually yes, i think Tannehill will be improving more than Peyton Manning this year. quite a bit actually. might have something to do that Manning is fully developped and Tannehill isn't. as for Weeden, he has a significantly lower ceiling than Tannehill due to age.
I don't think you're going to find a better objective measure of what to expect in the way of improvement from both of them than what they did in the preseason this year as compared to last. Weeden's preseason QB rating improved 40 points this year, whereas Tannehill's improved 30.

And Weeden may have a lower ceiling on the length of his career due to his age, but I don't think his age puts any lower ceiling on his potential.

Weeden stunk up the joint in the third preseason game. He sure was great in the zero gameplanning scrimmages, though.

Well I don't put much stock in the QB rating so I don't see it. I think Tannehill is a lot better.
Put as much stock in QB rating as you'd like, but if Tannehill's QB rating stays where it was last year, he won't be a starter in the NFL for very long.

I'm not saying that will happen. I'm making a statement about the weight you can put on QB rating in terms of making a statement about someone's career.

CB is giving me some worries pretty thin there, i hope patterson plays well vs his old team. Im ready for a week 1 win i already called in sick from work. Im so pumped i wonr sleep tonight! Yeeeee letz go!!!!

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

And ps deon sims=antonio gates

I don't think you're going to find a better objective measure of what to expect in the way of improvement from both of them than what they did in the preseason this year as compared to last. Weeden's preseason QB rating improved 40 points this year, whereas Tannehill's improved 30.

And Weeden may have a lower ceiling on the length of his career due to his age, but I don't think his age puts any lower ceiling on his potential.

:jimmyjames:

Weeden just doesn't have it. Add in the fact that Josh Gordon won't be able to stretch the field for him...if we lose it's either because we didn't contain Richardson or we turned the ball over way too much.

actually, there is a very good reason to believe that. Tannehill's 25, Weeden will be 30 in a month

Weeden is only like a year and a half older than his backup Jason Campbell, doesn't it feel Campbell like has been in the league forever?

I think people are forgetting just how inexperienced Tannehill was when we made him the starter, he could take a GIANT leap this season.

Weeden does have a strong arm and Norv Turner is good at developing QB's but I'd take Tannehill every time.

Two solid defenses so turnovers and a few big plays should decide the matter.
I'd say 21 - 17 Fins.

Let's start the new season right :up:

Last edited by a moderator:
Put as much stock in QB rating as you'd like, but if Tannehill's QB rating stays where it was last year, he won't be a starter in the NFL for very long.

I'm not saying that will happen. I'm making a statement about the weight you can put on QB rating in terms of making a statement about someone's career.

Your posts remind me of your a a avatar

Cam is going to wreak havoc on cleveland.

camkong_zps3122977b-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom