*** OFFICIAL DOLPHINS @ SAINTS GAME THREAD *** Week 4 Monday Night | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL DOLPHINS @ SAINTS GAME THREAD *** Week 4 Monday Night

THE SERIES

SERIES RECORD: Miami leads 6-4
AT MIAMI: Dolphins lead 3-1
AT NEW ORLEANS: Saints lead 3-2
AT BATON ROUTE: Dolphins lead 1-0
LAST MEETING: 2009 at Miami; Saints 46, Dolphins 34
HISTORY LESSON: One of the Dolphins’ two victories at the Superdome came in 1986 when Miami built a 31-10 halftime lead and then held on. Saints running back Rueben Mayes had a huge game, rushing for 203 yards — tied for most ever against Miami with O.J. Simpson’s 203-yard effort in 1976. Mayes actually had the record before his last carry, which came on third-and-goal from the Miami 4-yard line with under a minute left. Mayes was dropped for a 4-yard loss by cornerback William Judson on the play before a fourth-down pass fell incomplete in the end zone to clinch the Dolphins victory.
SERIES TREND: The Dolphins and Saints haven’t produced many close contests, with only three of the first 10 meetings decided by less than 10 points. The Dolphins generally haven’t had many problems scoring against New Orleans, with eight games with at least 21 points.

I just don't Miami being able to run some ball control offense with a running game. The defense is going to have to make some plays and get pressures, force bad throws and get off the field on 3rd downs. The offense has to keep rolling in the red zone and get TDs when you have the chance.

Saints will win. The heavy vegas line movement all week says it all. It says all you need to know. Those who believe lines move so early to even the betting are out of touch with reality. I know people in vegas and its a crime ring. Baltimore received over 90% of the bets all week and that line didn't move an inch. They knew buffalo would give them all they can handle. Baltimore favored by a measly 3 pts and buffalo's injuries piling up all week, and the line didn't move at all ?! C'mon son. This was a red flag and a very easy read to play Buffalo today. Easy money. Miami's line went from +3 to +.7.5 with movement going the saints way every single day since last monday. Whether it be a full point . or half point, the line moved every day all week this week.

As I told you all last week, the line said it all before the Falcons game, the didnt budge an inch with Atlanta getting a major majority of the $$ going their way all week..and said that Miami would win last week, the Saints win tomorrow handily.

Learn how to read the lines.

Soooo...the NFL is rigged?

Well, the Saints are favorites, and I do think the odds are in their favor tonight.

But you know what, this is a pretty good Dolphins football team. I think we got a chance. Win or lose, I'm anticipating a good game and I like that we WILL head into the bye with a WINNING record with a real shot to make a playoff run.

The reason I think we have a shot in this game is that while the Saints are good, and play at another level at home, they have not been dominant in 3 games this season by any stretch. And I'm not sold on that defense, especially the backfield.

If Ryan Tannehill brings his A-Game and we can keep him upright, I think we win this game.

Screw Gruden; it's times like this that I miss the Mad Dog. Would love to hear his radio call tonight.

I have a funny feeling the game is gonna get real ugly at some point tonight. I recommend every Saints fan pack one of these just in case...

Ain2527ts-1.jpg

One more hour until I'm out of this office and begin my pregame warm ups .... deep meditation and good foods followed by heaping amounts of alcohol. I expect a large chat crowd tonight guys. Fins Up!

I'm worried about Jimmy Graham going off on us, and whether we can generate enough of a pass rush to disrupt their passing game on a consistent basis. On the bright side, we lead the league in red zone efficiency, and the Saints are worst in the league so far in this early season.

Back
Top Bottom