Official Draft Day Thread | Page 90 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Draft Day Thread

Low class, unprofessional post even though I feel the Dolphins would have taken Fautanu if the Steelers had picked anybody else. I got a slight sense of disappointment from Grier/McD during their PC.
Yeah. I know I got a big sense of disappointment from ...well, me...when the Steelers pick was announced...

Chop needs to lose like 10 lbs, he should be in 235 (ILB) to 248 lbs (OLB) range, to improve his jumping (explosiveness) and quickness for the linebacker position he will play. He is a bit too stocky at 254 which affects him laterally.
At 6-3 he will have to play off ball LB primarily.
That's insane. He ran a 4.48 at 255 and had the best broad jump, 128", of the edge rushers in this draft. his 10 yard time of 1.54 was in the 97th percentile. He is plenty explosive. His shuttle and cone indicate he moves laterally very well. 4.25 shuttle was in the 79th percentile. His 3 cone was 7.01 which for his size was excellent. Lots of corners have cone times of around 7.0
So, according to you, the fastest, most explosive edge rusher in the draft needs to lose weight so he can be more explosive and faster?
And the Dolphins did not pick the 2nd best pass rushing Edge defender in the draft to play him as an off ball LB. Good grief.

My complete lack of College FB knowledge makes my opinion useless, but the quick youtube I saw makes Chop look like a decent choice. With his speed, it'll be interesting to see whether he can become a bit more versatile, either way looking forward to seeing him suit up.

Probably been posted, but CBS like the pick

21. Dolphins: Chop Robinson, EDGE, Penn State​

Grade: A

I love this pick for Miami. He has the best first step in this draft. With a little coaching, he will become a dominant pass rusher. They can also move him around as a joker on their front. Love it.

Who cares how he tested? All I can about is how he plays when he is in the game and his play on the field in college was mediocre at best.

They traded up to draft Dion Jordan in the first round and he had tested out as one of the best all time for a player at his position. Yet he was a complete failure in the NFL.
Penn State had the 2nd ranked defense in college football in 2023. His teammates voted him the defensive MVP. I guess they did not consider him mediocre.

Back
Top Bottom