Official Draft Day Thread | Page 92 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Draft Day Thread

CB is a need pick too with Howard gone. And OL because it has been **** for years. Grier does decently in late rounds but he consistently shits the bed in round 1. He did again tonight. Horrible pick.

What's the need when you're going into the season with ZERO starting edge players?

I don’t care how Harris tested. The reality is Harris was a bad pick but he was still a much more productive player in college than Robinson was.

I don’t understand why anyone cares how players test at the combine if they were nothing but mediocre on the field in college. That is all Robinson was in college and yet they think he will suddenly become a great player at the next level.

Sorry I just don’t see it.

Again, I wanted Barton, but Charles Harris did not have potential. He lacked the necessary physical tools to thrive at a position where the best guys are almost all elite athletes, and Chop Robinson is an elite athlete, and you do see it on the field. His first step really is as quick as you'll see. CK compared him to Cam Wake, and there are some similarities.

I'm not saying you're wrong to have doubts, but I think you're missing the silver lining.

Again, I wanted Barton, but Charles Harris did not have potential. He lacked the necessary physical tools to thrive at a position where the best guys are almost all elite athletes, and Chop Robinson is an elite athlete, and you do see it on the field. His first step really is as quick as you'll see. CK compared him to Cam Wake, and there are some similarities.

I'm not saying you're wrong to have doubts, but I think you're missing the silver lining.
I don’t no much about chop, but when watching those highlights, I could not believe how fast he was off the snap. The dude has a motor. It also looks like he has very long arms, but suffice to say that explosion off the snap will be one of the quickest in the league

I don’t no much about chop, but when watching those highlights, I could not believe how fast he was off the snap. The dude has a motor. It also looks like he has very long arms, but suffice to say that explosion off the snap will be one of the quickest in the league

Absolutely. Of the Edge players in the class, only Turner and Robinson get the Moves Different label from me, and Robinson does have the quickest first step. Of players playing premium positions still available, you can easily make the argument that Robinson is the most physically gifted and has the most potential.

Penn State is a poorly coached team. That’s why.

That's the other thing. Penn State guys never have good sack numbers, and they had Parsons for multiple years and didn't even play him at Edge.

At a similar size but with far less athleticism, Kyle Van Noy had 9 sacks last year in Baltimore. Because this D creates so much confusion up front with games and twists, that speed and first step alone will cause problems.

That's the other thing. Penn State guys never have good sack numbers, and they had Parsons for multiple years and didn't even play him at Edge.

At a similar size but with far less athleticism, Kyle Van Noy had 9 sacks last year in Baltimore. Because this D creates so much confusion up front with games and twists, that speed and first step alone will cause problems.
Parsons had 6.5 in 2 seasons (didn't play in 2020).

I'm not over the moon about the pick but I think it makes sense. We targeted a premium position and got appropriate value in the draft. I would have taken Brian Thomas, Terrion Arnold or Tyler Guyton over him.

I don't know if anyone has asked this question, but WTF are Buffalo doing? They gifted Worthy to KC for literally nothing.

Parsons had 6.5 in 2 seasons (didn't play in 2020).

I'm not over the moon about the pick but I think it makes sense. We targeted a premium position and got appropriate value in the draft. I would have taken Brian Thomas, Terrion Arnold or Tyler Guyton over him.

Barton and Thomas Jr were the guys for me, but understanding (now clearly) that Miami isn't interested in OL (or IOL at least), I can see why Miami would be hesitant to add a raw WR in the 1st. Said it all offseason, but this offense is hard to learn for WR's, so they might have projected it'd take too long for him to contribute.

I had Robinson rated higher than Arnold and Guyton.

But, I think you're exactly right that it's a premium position with rare physical tools at a position where physical tools are critical. At the end of the day, this is an Anthony Weaver pick, and I love the D Weaver came from, and we've heard nothing but glowing things about Weaver beyond that Baltimore D.

I think there will be OL who fit at 55, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Miami go pass catcher there.

Barton and Thomas Jr were the guys for me, but understanding (now clearly) that Miami isn't interested in OL (or IOL at least), I can see why Miami would be hesitant to add a raw WR in the 1st. Said it all offseason, but this offense is hard to learn for WR's, so they might have projected it'd take too long for him to contribute.

I had Robinson rated higher than Arnold and Guyton.

But, I think you're exactly right that it's a premium position with rare physical tools at a position where physical tools are critical. At the end of the day, this is an Anthony Weaver pick, and I love the D Weaver came from, and we've heard nothing but glowing things about Weaver beyond that Baltimore D.

I think there will be OL who fit at 55, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Miami go pass catcher there.
I think we have to come to terms with the fact that Grier is not going to take a "non-premium" position player in the first round. It's only happened once in his whole draft history when he took Christian Wilkins. I bet he would have passed on Fautanu even if had gotten passed Pittsburgh if they viewed as purely a guard. That's why I thought if Miami was going to take an offensive lineman in the first round that it would be a true tackle like Tyler Guyton.
Robinson's production doesn't concern me as much as his size does. He's not very tall or long but maybe his explosiveness, blend of speed and agility, and his relentless style of play nullifies those size concerns. I also didn't expect Miami to see Edge rusher as such a high priority need even though Philips and Chubb are coming off the injuries.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom