Official Florida Gators Thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Florida Gators Thread

PatsSuck456 said:
Great prediction! and who did FSU lose to? Cumson or something like that?
LSU and Auburn will be tough games, UF will most likely lose to Auburn. They are just too good.

Florida has a chance to best both LSU and Auburn, But than again they could lose to both also. Each game between LSU and Auburn will be a toss up and injuries might play a part in it. Also in each game the team with better QB play will win the game period.

I just got a chance to see the game.That return by Brandon James was impressive.I thought the penaly was marginal at best.

I am also impressed with the effectiveness of using Tebow in short yardage situations.I havent seen him stopped yet.

The WRs are top notch.The play calling was suspect close to the goal line but it was a good overall performance

Cuban Dave 9 said:
My question about Tebow is: Why aren't we using his arm? It's gonna be predictable that when we put him in, he is going to run.

Yet Tennessee still couldn't stop him. I think we'll see more of his arm this week.

Cuban Dave 9 said:
My question about Tebow is: Why aren't we using his arm? It's gonna be predictable that when we put him in, he is going to run.
I have a feeling we are using him only to run for now. (unless the game is out of reach ... see UCF)

What I think Meyer is doing is setting up some opponent later on. Like a Auburn or LSU. Late in a close game 3rd and 1 or 2nd and short... we bring in Tebow. The other team instantly thinks run... so we do a Play action and have one of our speedsters open deep! (sounds good in my head anyway!)

Oboy said:
What I think Meyer is doing is setting up some opponent later on. Like a Auburn or LSU. Late in a close game 3rd and 1 or 2nd and short... we bring in Tebow. The other team instantly thinks run... so we do a Play action and have one of our speedsters open deep! (sounds good in my head anyway!)

Great minds think alike! :wink:

Cuban Dave 9 said:

I am gunna be totally honest and say that he needs more practice with his arm. I mean I have whatched alot of film from him in High School and I seen the Spring game and his accuarcy was alittle shaky, But I am sure he has gotten better since than. I honestly think its all about being able to read a Defense and whether he can read man to man or zone. This is the SEC and alot of teams will hide what they are gunna do and its not easy. Its would not be easy for any freshman QB

Skeet84 said:
I am gunna be totally honest and say that he needs more practice with his arm. I mean I have whatched alot of film from him in High School and I seen the Spring game and his accuarcy was alittle shaky, But I am sure he has gotten better since than. I honestly think its all about being able to read a Defense and whether he can read man to man or zone. This is the SEC and alot of teams will hide what they are gunna do and its not easy. Its would not be easy for any freshman QB
Looks like he'll get that practice on Saturday.

The coaches are hinting that Tebow will have a chance to show the other side of his game - the passing side - Saturday against Kentucky.
http://www.gatorsports.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060921/GATORS01/209210358

We'll also see Brandon James in the backfield!

You gotta love how Meyer is making sure Tebow gets his reps so that that next year's drop off is at a minimum. I'll be blunt. He's scares the crap out of me being in against the likes of UT. Tebow is no where near the passer Leak was his freshman year. I doubt he ever will be equal to Leak in passing, but obviously doesn't need to be for Meyer. I'm just saying seeing Tebow **** back to throw worries me if it's going to be against LSU, Auburn...

finswin56 said:
You gotta love how Meyer is making sure Tebow gets his reps so that that next year's drop off is at a minimum. I'll be blunt. He's scares the crap out of me being in against the likes of UT. Tebow is no where near the passer Leak was his freshman year. I doubt he ever will be equal to Leak in passing, but obviously doesn't need to be for Meyer. I'm just saying seeing Tebow **** back to throw worries me if it's going to be against LSU, Auburn...

His arm by no means scares me. He has a great arm and its really strong! I have said his accuracy is off, But with the coaching that he is getting that should improve a whole lot. No he will never be a Chris Leak and I am happy with that. I like Chris Leak, But I know when its 3rd and 5 and the game is on the line Tim Tebow will not slide one yard short of a first down. Chris Leak lacks alot of leadership skills that I think Tim Tebow has. Tebow will be a great player for the University of Florida. Every QB in the nation has flaws.

Skeet84 said:
His arm by no means scares me. He has a great arm and its really strong! I have said his accuracy is off, But with the coaching that he is getting that should improve a whole lot. No he will never be a Chris Leak and I am happy with that. I like Chris Leak, But I know when its 3rd and 5 and the game is on the line Tim Tebow will not slide one yard short of a first down. Chris Leak lacks alot of leadership skills that I think Tim Tebow has. Tebow will be a great player for the University of Florida. Every QB in the nation has flaws.
I agree with you, especially with regards to Tebow long term success at UF. I was only making a point about seeing Tebow passing this year. It wasn't just his accuracy. In the few pass attempts I've seen him make, he seemed hesitant, almost as if the game was moving too fast. He'll obviously get better, it will just take time. That's why I like seeing him get the snaps... I'm just not comfortable with him throwing against teams like LSU, Auburn... with really fast and dominant D's.

finswin56 said:
I agree with you, especially with regards to Tebow long term success at UF. I was only making a point about seeing Tebow passing this year. It wasn't just his accuracy. In the few pass attempts I've seen him make, he seemed hesitant, almost as if the game was moving too fast. He'll obviously get better, it will just take time. That's why I like seeing him get the snaps... I'm just not comfortable with him throwing against teams like LSU, Auburn... with really fast and dominant D's.

I agree with you Joe, those games are too important and against too tough of teams to have a freshman mistake occur. It could in fact change the outcome of the game. I only want to see Tebow throw against LSU and Auburn if we have a comfortable lead.

Back
Top Bottom