Official Game Thread: Argentina vs Ivory Coast | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: Argentina vs Ivory Coast

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
Vamos ches! Lets go Argentina! I am rooting for you...Tevez, Aimar, and Messi will not start. Crespo and Saviola will start up top. Argentina wins 3-0....

Saturday, June 10, 2006 - Hamburg, Germany - AOL ARENA

clear.gif

Referee: Frank DE BLEECKERE - Belgium

173269-1.jpg

Starting Line-Up for Argentina:

GK Abbondanzieri
D Burdisso
D Ayala
D Heinze
D Sorin (C)
M Mascherano
M Cambiasso
M Rodriguez
M Riquelme
F Saviola
F Crespo

Notables on the Bench:

M Aimar
F Tevez
M/F Messi

Prime Time, I like the fact you got Gooch to show off. Of all the American players on this team, he really has a chance to impress at a very high level. It'll depend on how he handles Koller and Toni.

By the way, if you look at 4 years in the future, 3 of our 4 backs should be at a very high level: the center backs should be Gooch and Spector (voted best youth player at Man U), and our right back should alternate between Cherundulo (great at attacking from the back, but not a shutdown back) and Wynne (seems to be developing into someone that can shutdown the best of them, but isn't as good in the attack), so right back should be a situational thing.

Anyway, 2010 should see the US solidify a second tier position in soccer.

Holy Crap did you see the Arg woman and TV(spanish broadcast). They are HOTTTT.

200pxFlag_of_Argentinasvg-1.png
Vs.
ivsmflag-1.gif

Cmon ARG. This game actually scares me because the Ivory Coast has not lost game during qualifing. This is not going to be a cakewalk. My prediction

2-1 Argentina. I hope the sub in Messi in the 2nd half.

ckb2001 said:

2010 South Africa. Hopefully i will be able to go. See the world cup and go on a Safari in Africa something I always wanted to do.

ckb2001 said:
Prime Time, I like the fact you got Gooch to show off. Of all the American players on this team, he really has a chance to impress at a very high level. It'll depend on how he handles Koller and Toni.

By the way, if you look at 4 years in the future, 3 of our 4 backs should be at a very high level: the center backs should be Gooch and Spector (voted best youth player at Man U), and our right back should alternate between Cherundulo (great at attacking from the back, but not a shutdown back) and Wynne (seems to be developing into someone that can shutdown the best of them, but isn't as good in the attack), so right back should be a situational thing.

You are forgetting to mention Carlos Bocanegra...2010..we should be fine defensively barring injuries. What we'll need help with is GK. I am not sold on Tim Howard and Kasey Keller will be gone by then.

And Oguchi Onyewu is the man. He is going to SHINE in this World Cup. I love the way he defends. He is 6'4, he is quick, he is tough and he is strong. He has become my fav. defender on the team and could possibly be my favorite player overall on the team. Something else that made him appealing to me was he has the same B-day as me...May 13th :D

Bocanegra really isn't that good though (compared to top level). He's normal EPL level, but disappointed often in his stints there. Talent-wise he isn't close to Spector or Gooch. But, he is a good back-up.

Goalkeeper is interesting. If Howard develops, he has top 10 talent, but if he doesn't either Hahnemann or Howard gives us a good, but not great keeper. The biggest problem for the US is left back (even in 2010 given the lack of top youth there) and especially at forward!

ckb2001 said:
Goalkeeper is interesting. If Howard develops, he has top 10 talent, but if he doesn't either Hahnemann or Howard gives us a good, but not great keeper. The biggest problem for the US is left back (even in 2010 given the lack of top youth there) and especially at forward!

I am hoping Adu can develop into something, but I am not banking on it.

Howard NEEDS to develop quickly. He showed signs of greatness before going to Man U. Then he got there and choked. Keller is a great GK. Top 10 in the World. Here is a question for you..do you think Friedel was a better GK in 02, because he did start...?

Is Diego Maradona playing? Just kidding. :wink: Should be a good game.

Back
Top Bottom