Official Game Thread: Sweden vs Paraguay | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: Sweden vs Paraguay

ckb2001 said:
It says you live in Denmark. Is this normal among Scandinavians to root for fellow Scandinavian teams? I'm half American half Japanese and I can tell you the Koreans and Japanese would never root for the other team (same with China once they become good enough.) It's like England/France or so (actually to date, I've never met a German or Italian fan who liked France..)

My father is Danish and my mother is Swedish, so I have an excuse :). Very close with my Swedish relatives, speak and write it and of course visit when I can.

There was actually a poll before the world cup which teams Danes rooted for now that Denmark didn't attend. Turned out Danes cheer for Sweden and Brazil, so I guess we may have a tendency to root for eachother. Some of the other teams you mention have a more troubled history with eachother than the scandinavian countries.

GermanFinFan said:
I think this will be a tie. This game is important for the German Team because they have to play one of them in the next round. I hope we play against paraguay, but i think it will be sweden.

Only if they beat Ecuador shag :D

touborg said:
My father is Danish and my mother is Swedish, so I have an excuse :). Very close with my Swedish relatives, speak and write it and of course visit when I can.

There was actually a poll before the world cup which teams Danes rooted for now that Denmark didn't attend. Turned out Danes cheer for Sweden and Brazil, so I guess we may have a tendency to root for eachother. Some of the other teams you mention have a more troubled history with eachother since the scandinavian countries.

Yeah, if England were not there and Scotland, Wales or Ireland were, I would root for them.

Whitedolphin54 said:
Yeah, if England were not there and Scotland, Wales or Ireland were, I would root for them.

You guys should enter as UK anyway. It would increase (by a little) the chances of winning the whole thing. Hmm, if history were a bit different, Ireland would help you guys out even more. But hey, many Irish consider themselves to be more like a 51st state of the US, so you'll have a hard time prying them away :lol:

Actually, if history were just one small battle different, Canada would be part of the US. Oh well, probably in an alternate universe :wink:

Back to the game though, if Sweden can only crank out 1 point here, they almost certainly need a win against England to advance, since Paraguay will probably beat TnT!!

Back
Top Bottom