Official Game Thread: USA Vs Grenada | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: USA Vs Grenada

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
Here is the breakdown. For everyone who follows US soccer, or soccer in general and watches the games, should post their predictions and who will score and any other stats they want to put up. Then If you want you could post during the game. Also, at the end you post your game summaries and discuss the game just like on the Fins Forum.

Here is the USA's roster, but Coach Arena is going to cut one man on the day of the game.

GOALKEEPERS (2): Kasey Keller , Jonny Walker

DEFENDERS (8): Carlos Bocanegra , Steve Cherundolo, Bobby Convey , Cory Gibbs, Frankie Hejduk, Eddie Pope, Tony Sanneh, Greg Vanney

MIDFIELDERS (6): Chris Armas , DaMarcus Beasley, Landon Donovan,
Eddie Lewis, Claudio Reyna, Earnie Stewart

FORWARDS (3): Conor Casey, Jovan Kirovski, Brian McBride

---------------------------------------------------------

I see Vanney being the player cut off on kickoff day. I'd prefer it to be Cherundolo or Kirovski, but Chrerundolo did very well vs Honduras and Kirovski is our only backup forward.

I predict a 5-0 victory. Goals by Donovan, McBride, Beasley, Reyna (2x).

USA!!!!

Breaking news from Soccernet.com. Sanneh will be out of Sunday's game due to a minor injury. So now, Arena will not need to cut anyone on game day as Sanneh just made the decision for him with this injury.

We have almost all of our best players at defender so we should be fine. However, Sanneh getting hurt is definitely a concern because it could be bad.

Here is what I think our lineup will be:

Keller
Gibbs Pope Bocanegra Convey
Beasley Reyna Armas Lewis
Donovan McBride

Convey is usually a midfielder but I think Arena will start Armas and will use Lewis on the left side and Beasley on the right, so I think Arena will use Convey as the leftback. He has played the position before for the national team. Donovan is listed as a midfielder but he will definitely start up front with McBride.

I am not sure about that. The other day during a media session a reporter asked McBride on how he felt about Conor Cassey. McBride responded with nothing but positives and said he could not wait until the game on Sunday. So I think maybe Conor might get the nod. As for Beasley starting at right mid? No way. He is a lefty, and should be on the left. No way does he play on the right. This is my prediction for the formation.

----------------Keller---------------
--Hejduk-----Pope-----Bocanegra-----Cherundolo-----
-------------Armas---Reyna----Lewis-------
--Donovan-----------------------------
-------Casey------------McBride------

iceblizzard69 said:
USA will win 6-0

Goals: Donovan (2), McBride (2), Beasley, Casey (off the bench)

I still don't know how you don't have Hejduk as a starter. Stop hatin' on the man. :shakeno:

I actually watched some of the game from my bed, I was confined to it cause I wasnt feeling well, and I fell asleep before they scored their first goal and apparently they won 3-0....go USA

You seem to be sleeping alot during sports events lately. :lol: Yeah USA scored a goal right before half time. A beautiful cross by Reyna to Beasley for the header and the goal. I'll do a game summary when I get back home.

yea its not healthy, being that i dont have a recliner in my tiny apartment room and just a bed thats really comfortable, i pass the hell out since im watching on it....it actually is good that I have just a bed, cause where else is a woman gonna sit to watch movies in my room ;) it has its benefits

I can't believe we only scored 3. :shakeno: We had a hell of a lot more shots than they did.

Well, Grenada still won't be able to come back. They have no chance of getting past us but I knew that before today. :)

Game Summary...

We came out attacking and attacking. Maybe a little too much as we almost gave up a couple of goals on two quick counter attacks. Keller made a nice save on the one that was headered in the 1st half. USA did what it needed it to, and that was go for goal. Unfortunately, all those shots and etc. did not work as the majority were saved. The GK for Grenada did a great job, and he is 6'5. I think he could find a job in the MLS or in Europe instead of carrying boxes at the port of Grenada. Reyna's cross to Beasley for the first goal was awesome. Right on the money, but do not forget he had a lot of time to do it too. The second goal was a great play by Donovan, that Beasley just finished off. The third goal...well it was a rocket by Vanney after a shakeout on the defender marking him. Ice I thought you said he sucked?? The GK managed to get a hand on it, but it was hit too hard. The team as a whole played well, we just didn't finish as well as we should have. Final score should have been 6-0. Also, Casey got hurt, I do not know for how long, but it does not look good. Josh Wolff is going to start next week with McBride up top. Kirovski did impress me with some trick plays he created. Bocanegra and Pope did well in the back, and Cherundolo and Vanney played solid, but Cherundolo dissapeared at times. Armas did some nice things, nothing expectacular. Donovan was okay, not his greatst game, not his worst either. Beasley and Reyna both had some good games. They each should have had a goal. Reyna had a shot wide open, but he hit it wide. As for Beasley, that breakaway he had that he hit passed the keeper but the keeper nipped with his foot. McBride had a solid game, but he should have finished better on several occasions. As for our subs, I already mentioned Kiovski, but Lewis did a decent job, nothing expectacular and Stewart came in for 5 secs and then the ref blew the whistle. All in all, a decent game, but we got the win so it doesn't matter.

Man of the Match (for me)
DaMarcus Beasley

Yeah, Grenada's keeper wasn't bad. He's probably good enough to play soccer as a full-time job. :lol:

I don't think we will play as strong a squad for the second match. We pretty much have this thing locked up and I think he will give some guys a rest.

iceblizzard69 said:
Yeah, Grenada's keeper wasn't bad. He's probably good enough to play soccer as a full-time job. :lol:

I don't think we will play as strong a squad for the second match. We pretty much have this thing locked up and I think he will give some guys a rest.

:lol: It made me sad to hear that, but lets hope he can get a job soon. The man has skills. I know we won't have Pope and Lewis for Game 2 because of the yellow cards they received, and we will not have Casey, but besides that the rest of the team is going to be back according to Arena. He has called up Wolff, Mastroeni, and Zavagnin. I expect Stewart to get his 100th cap in the next match. Speaking of 100 caps, I want Meola to get one more cap so he can achieve it and become the first GK with 100 caps, he is one game away.

USA is going to try to score more goals tommorow in Grenada.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=303414&cc=5901

We play Jamaica or Haiti If we get passed (which we will) Grenada. I am hoping for a big upset tonight. Dominica please, please beat the Mexicans. :up: If that where to happen, La Volpe would lose his job for sure.

Back
Top Bottom