Official Game Thread: USA Vs Grenada | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: USA Vs Grenada

I predict a 4-0 tommorow. Goals by Wolff (2x), Donovan, Stewart. My prediction for the starters tommorow

--------Keller--------
---Hejduk----Bocanegra----Gibbs-----Vanney
------------Mastroeni--------------
-------------------------------Reyna-----Beasley
--------Donovan--------------------------
---------Wolff----------McBride---------

We are going to go with our usual 4-4-2.

Mastroeni will take Armas' spot and play a Defensive mid, but I think he will put his presence on the offense as well. Donovan will be like a 3rd FW/attacking midfield. Should be interesting.

iceblizzard69 said:
US won 3-2. We advance.

The PK was a soft one. The foul that is. Mastroeni just pushed him but I agree you can't have that, so therefore it was a PK. How about you give props to my boy Josh Wolff? :cooldude: He was solid today for the most part in that puddle. That goal was lefty too. It was a nice game by Donovan today as well. One part in the 2nd half, where he should have just taken a shot, but he cut back and hit it with his left and boomed it over the goal. It was 2nd guessing that cost him a goal there. Good game, although it was close on paper. We dominated for the most part. On to play Jamaica or Haiti.

Jamaica advanced and we will play them next.

The finishing by the US was bad today. Wolff did score his first goal in ages though.

The stadium was crap but it was packed. 15,000 showed up, and considering that Grenada is a nation of 90,000, that is amazing. It's pathetic that more people showed up in Grenada than at the match in Columbus. :shakeno:

It is but US needs a soccer stadium down here in South Florida. A lot of latin people here who die for soccer. I would go to see the United States play like I did last year.

Prime Time said:
It is but US needs a soccer stadium down here in South Florida. A lot of latin people here who die for soccer. I would go to see the United States play like I did last year.

The US should never play a qualifing game in South Florida. If the US plays there, the majority of fans will probably support the other side. :shakeno:

When you have a qualifing game, you need to have the home field advantage. Friendlies are for money making, which is why when the US plays Mexico in a friendly, they play in Los Angeles or Texas. However, when they play each other in Qualifying, they play in Columbus because they know that the majority of fans there will support the USA.

iceblizzard69 said:
The US should never play a qualifing game in South Florida. If the US plays there, the majority of fans will probably support the other side. :shakeno:

When you have a qualifing game, you need to have the home field advantage. Friendlies are for money making, which is why when the US plays Mexico in a friendly, they play in Los Angeles or Texas. However, when they play each other in Qualifying, they play in Columbus because they know that the majority of fans there will support the USA.

:lol: I know. I think USA's home is officially up in Foxboro. That is where they get the most support.

Prime Time said:
:lol: I know. I think USA's home is officially up in Foxboro. That is where they get the most support.

Foxboro is up there with Columbus, but if the USA played Portugal in Foxboro, the crowd would be pro-Portugal. In Columbus, the crowd will always be pro-USA. In Foxboro, the crowd will usually be pro-USA, but a lot of the time you will see a good amount of support for the other team (an example being the USA-Honduras game, it wasn't necessarily pro-Honduras but there were quite a few people there supporting Honduras)

iceblizzard69 said:
Foxboro is up there with Columbus, but if the USA played Portugal in Foxboro, the crowd would be pro-Portugal. In Columbus, the crowd will always be pro-USA. In Foxboro, the crowd will usually be pro-USA, but a lot of the time you will see a good amount of support for the other team (an example being the USA-Honduras game, it wasn't necessarily pro-Honduras but there were quite a few people there supporting Honduras)

True. I said that because that was one of the first colonies. You are right though, Columbus is the real USA Soccer city. They go crazy for US soccer there. I forgot though, what is the name of the stadium in Columbus?

Prime Time said:
True. I said that because that was one of the first colonies. You are right though, Columbus is the real USA Soccer city. They go crazy for US soccer there. I forgot though, what is the name of the stadium in Columbus?

Crew Stadium

They don't go crazy for US soccer, but at least when we play there, the people who show up are pro-USA.

iceblizzard69 said:
Crew Stadium

They don't go crazy for US soccer, but at least when we play there, the people who show up are pro-USA.

I disagree. I think the fans there are CRAZY for US Soccer. Have you seen the merchandise etc. around the stadium, It is PRO US to the max.

Prime Time said:
I disagree. I think the fans there are CRAZY for US Soccer. Have you seen the merchandise etc. around the stadium, It is PRO US to the max.

If they were crazy about it, they would get more than 9,000 for a qualifier. :rolleyes2

The crowds there are pro-US, but it isn't like they sell out Crew Stadium for US games or anything.

iceblizzard69 said:
If they were crazy about it, they would get more than 9,000 for a qualifier. :rolleyes2

The crowds there are pro-US, but it isn't like they sell out Crew Stadium for US games or anything.

No Pro-US stadium sells more than 9,000 for a qualifier. Not even Foxboro.

Prime Time said:
No Pro-US stadium sells more than 9,000 for a qualifier. Not even Foxboro.

Then no place in the country is "crazy" about US soccer. :rolleyes2

If they were "crazy" about it in Columbus, they could fill more than 1/3 of the stadium.

iceblizzard69 said:
Then no place in the country is "crazy" about US soccer. :rolleyes2

If they were "crazy" about it in Columbus, they could fill more than 1/3 of the stadium.

I haven't really looked at the numbers but which city do more people attend the games?

Back
Top Bottom