OFFICIAL: Heat Gets Walker, Williams and Posey. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OFFICIAL: Heat Gets Walker, Williams and Posey.

Channel 7 News just called it official.....

VJ1252 said:
ej's defense was overrated to begin with anyways. posey got hurt last year but other than that he has managed played at least 70 gms every year.
over rated huh? lol

but it will be fun watching wade and williams run the court

In the largest trade in NBA history, Antoine Walker was dealt from Boston to Miami on Tuesday night in a transaction involving five teams and 13 players.

Miami:
Jason Williams (memphis)
James Posey (memphis)
Andre Emmett (memphis)
Draft rights to Roberto Duenas (New Orelans)
Antoine Walker (Boston)

Memphis:
Eddie Jones (Miami)
Raul Lopez (Jazz)

New Orleans:
Rasual Butler (Miami)
Kirk Snyder (Utah)

Utah:
Greg Ostertag (memphis)

Boston:
Curtis Borchardt (Utah)
Qyntel Woods (Miami)
Draft rights to Albert Miralles
Two 2nd round draft choices and cash from Miami

EDIT: Someone check that for me....

TerryTate said:
supposedly the HEAT still has a 5 million exception :)

Yes sir. I'd love to get Finley, but sh-t, how do you find enough minutes/shots to satisfy Wade, Walker, Finley, Posey, Williams...plus get Shaq the ball in the paint? Either way, it's very important for this team to add Finley and/or retain Damon Jones.

I'll tell you one thing, you can 100% count out Damon Jones signing for the 20% raise. We're gonna have to break into the MLE, because there is no longer the insurance of a starting job with White Chocolate in town.

Hey Pistolz...what's your opinion on the trade? I've always respected your thoughts on the Heat (plus you introduced me to that realgm site :D )

why would the heat sign damon jones or micheal finley. I think they would be better off signing someone who can play D.

So we're giving up two #2's and the $1.9 million??

Why on earth does Utah want Ostertag back? Salary cap room in an upcoming year? I guess this is a huge trade by sheer numbers but really thats a lot of stiffs and benchwarmers for the most part. My head hurts just looking at that deal.

We're gonna miss Eddie Jones' defense. Posey had better stay healthy or we could have big trouble there defensively. Because if he can't stay on the floor, Dwayne Wade is the only guy who can stay with the other team's best smaller guy. And that's not something we want. Can Michael Finley play D anywhere near the level of Jones??

The Herald mentioned Walker coming off the bench the way McAdoo did for the Lakers. Was McAdoo's role similar to Chris Gatling's, where Gatling played starters minutes, just never started the games?? I can't see Walker being happy coming off the bench and getting "bench" minutes. Especially at the cost of nearly $9 million a season.

We've got to get another point guard who can play defense, because right now we don't have one at all.

This will be a GREAT move in my opinion. J-Will and Antoine haven't been on a championship contending team before so they will definitely shape up for this season. Eddie Jones, though I love the local talent, is overrated for what we were paying him. I don't think Shaq will tolerate any nonsense from any of these guys and the Heat will win it all next year, no doubt!

Back
Top Bottom