OFFICIAL: Heat Gets Walker, Williams and Posey. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OFFICIAL: Heat Gets Walker, Williams and Posey.

DolFan31 said:
They said the same things about Rasheed Wallace(even I didnt think he could be reformed). Just hope that it happens again. :)

Rasheed Wallace is a much, much better player than Jason Williams. Sorry, but it's true. He's flashy. Sheed is good.

ohall said:
You think he'll do that TT?

I would love it if he did by the way!

why does everyone like riley so much? i havent watched basketball long enough to have seen him coach alot, i only saw basically his last two years coaching the heat. he was the reason i never watched the heat play, we were so garbage. what does he do thats so great?

Even though I am a Sixers fan I have to say Miami seems to have improved themselves a lot here....Boston also has done a pretty nice job,,,,,I am a big Boston hater but I am ok with the Heat.....seems like Shaq signed for a lot less money than he could have asked for...wish somebody would make me a 100 million dollar five year deal. :shakeno: :cry:

emjai said:
why does everyone like riley so much? i havent watched basketball long enough to have seen him coach alot, i only saw basically his last two years coaching the heat. he was the reason i never watched the heat play, we were so garbage. what does he do thats so great?

IMO he brings a certain confidence to him that is easily passed onto his players. It is a ****yness that makes him what he is. Plus the guy has won NBA titles as a HC so that instantly gives him much more credibility than Vangundy could ever have.

Further Riles has single handedly changed how the NBA plays its game TWICE. 1st with the fast breaking Lakers and then with the stiff defense of the Knicks. The guy is basically a legend.

emjai said:

Oh I don't know....maybe because he is a Hall of Fame caliber coach...and on the short list of the greatest coaches of all-time....Just a hunch.

riley had reaosons for making this trade and one is to kind of push stan out the door...

Section126 said:
Oh I don't know....maybe because he is a Hall of Fame caliber coach...and on the short list of the greatest coaches of all-time....Just a hunch.

S-126 is there a chance Riles will coach the team again?

I have not been keeping up with the off-season moves of the NBA. Any help would be much appreciated, thx.

RWhitney014 said:
Rasheed Wallace is a much, much better player than Jason Williams. Sorry, but it's true. He's flashy. Sheed is good.

The point was attitude not talent.

ohall said:
S-126 is there a chance Riles will coach the team again?

I have not been keeping up with the off-season moves of the NBA. Any help would be much appreciated, thx.

Close to ZERO chance that Riley would coach the Heat this upcoming season....

If the Heat doesn't win it all next season...I could see Stan Van Gundy being pushed aside for Riley.....

for the people who said shaq and jason williams will have problems...

Dave Hyde said:
Jason Williams? The Heat wanted a more traditional point guard than Damon Jones. This isn't to slight Jones. But Williams is that, and while he's had issues with coaches everywhere he's been, he's also considered a passing savant, a playmaker extraordinaire.

He's also a good friend of Shaq. This can't be underplayed. Michael Jordan kept wild-thing Dennis Rodman under control by his mere presence. Shaq will be asked to do the same with Williams.

Section126 said:
It's official...the Heat traded Eddie Jones, Rasual Butler, and Qyntel Woods in a multi way deal and adds Antoine Walker, Jason Williams and James Posey.

it was also reported that the Heat has contacted Dallas about a deal for Finley unless he is released.

You like this deal? I think it's a horrible deal for Miami and you were better w/ last year's roster than this year's. You may have more talent but you have mroe selfish players and guys who are not winners. Walker & Williams are all about themselves- Williams would rather be on the AND 1 tour than win an NBA ring. HUGE mistake by miami.

I agree that NJ will be a better team this year but the Heat are now talented as any team in the NBA and are a legit threat to win it all.

Some journalists (like Mark Stein of ESPN) and people are saying that this is a bad trade because Williams and/or Walker are not team oriented...but that's fooey. Williams and Walker are going to a team that has a strong/mature organizational culture that starts up top with Riley/Pfund, down to Van Gundy and on to Shaq and Wade who are the leaders. IMO, Walker and Williams know that this is the best chance they've ever had to win a title and aren't stupid enough to create chaos now that they've been given this chance...and even if one of them did stir up trouble, they could always be traded come December. Their contracts aren't untradeable. Miami walks away with three quality players who are all better than the one starter they traded away. Big win for Miami. Heat in 06!

exactely the want to win and whats this thing with williams always having to have the ball he only had 5 points per game last year he is a true point guard

This was a good trade we took our team and stepped it up to the next level. Alot of people seem to be on EJ's side, while I wont argue he helped this past year but where are all the people that were crying for him to get traded?? Riley just took this team to the next level, on a level to compete with the Spurs. Heat take the title in 05.

Back
Top Bottom