*Official 'knocks' thread: 2012 Draft Prospects* | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official 'knocks' thread: 2012 Draft Prospects*

Speaking of Justin Blackmon, anything in his game cause you to think he may not be a top 5 lock? Any knocks or inconsistencies in his game?

Speaking of Justin Blackmon, anything in his game cause you to think he may not be a top 5 lock? Any knocks or inconsistencies in his game?

Perhaps top end speed? The kid is a monster no doubt but he kinda looks like he lacks that top gear.

Andrew Luck....needs to shave that neck beard. That thing is hidious.

On a serious note, i'm not a big fan of either Quinton Coples or Jerel Worthy. I question the motors of both guys. Worthy constantly leaves the field b/c he's gassed and takes plays off. Also, is it true that UNC wanted to move Coples back inside to DT, especially on pass downs to get more rush and Coples said no b/c it would hurt his draft status? Just something i heard or read somewhere. Coples doesn't seem to have a great burst off the line or be as agile as most elite pass rushers and i think he's better suited to go against right tackles in the NFL.

Oh, and unless Jeffery loses some weight and gets some speed back, i think he might struggle getting off press coverage in the NFL ala Mike Williams. Dennard owned him off the line that entire game (minus that one long pass).

yep...dennards way too hands on for the next level right now...he's gonna have to play with better technique and not get so handsy down the field or the yellow hanky will never be in the officials pocket at the next level...i wonder about his straight line speed also after watching jeffery run right by him

Too hands on... a la Revis?

I don't have any problems with Justin Blackmon. I don't think he's going to be a Randy Moss but he's going to have a good and highly productive career, especially in today's pass happy NFL.

Rewind a year ago and I'd have told you I don't see him doing enough after the catch. But now I look at him, first off you can just look at his body and tell his work ethic is off the charts, and secondly he's beasting defenders after the catch. Look what he did to Stanford's secondary after the catch.

He's one of those guys that just suddenly "got it", when it comes to work ethic. He was nothing in 2009, and his coaches told him he could be the man if he'd just work at it. He saw that they were right and now he appears to be a work addict because he knows he sees rewards.

Just gotta stay away from the whores. "Inner thigh infection".

I don't have any problems with Justin Blackmon. I don't think he's going to be a Randy Moss but he's going to have a good and highly productive career, especially in today's pass happy NFL.

Rewind a year ago and I'd have told you I don't see him doing enough after the catch. But now I look at him, first off you can just look at his body and tell his work ethic is off the charts, and secondly he's beasting defenders after the catch. Look what he did to Stanford's secondary after the catch.

He's one of those guys that just suddenly "got it", when it comes to work ethic. He was nothing in 2009, and his coaches told him he could be the man if he'd just work at it. He saw that they were right and now he appears to be a work addict because he knows he sees rewards.

Just gotta stay away from the whores. "Inner thigh infection".

saw that tweet of yours about it last night and almost fell out of my chair.

only thing i can think about with Blackmon is one of his greatest assets in the college game but could become an issue in today's NFL... He is clearly a full step faster than almost every CB he plays off the LOS. His size, coupled with his quick break makes the slant almost un-guardable in the college game just based on physical talent alone. I have concerns (albeit minor), that when the physical gap shrinks between himself and professional corners, that the rest of his route running tree might not be anywhere near ready to create the game breaking plays he is making now. His size will always be a major help in being able to be productive, with or without creating large separation between himself and the corner.

He is by far and away in my eyes the best WR in this class (no shocker), but I don't see him being as polished right out of the gate as some of the more recent Top Tier WR prospects.

i think blackmon is gonna suffer from time to time with a case of the drops...especially on the deep vertical balls...he's similar to me at least to terrell owens as a player...don't think he's a great route runner but don't think at that size and stature he's gonna need to be

jeffery to me looks like he's still got baby fat on him...i'm not in love with his body...i wonder about him as a route runner and i did have questions about his top end speed but running away from dennard the other day helped remedy some of that for me...something about jeffery though says be careful to me...

i think blackmon is gonna suffer from time to time with a case of the drops...especially on the deep vertical balls...he's similar to me at least to terrell owens as a player...don't think he's a great route runner but don't think at that size and stature he's gonna need to be

jeffery to me looks like he's still got baby fat on him...i'm not in love with his body...i wonder about him as a route runner and i did have questions about his top end speed but running away from dennard the other day helped remedy some of that for me...something about jeffery though says be careful to me...

I was thinking the EXACT same thing last night.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

As for Alshon Jeffery, there are evidently running jokes about Alshon's struggles with eating too much...which is a concern...I wouldn't call that "baby fat", lol...

the other thing though is last night against stanfords secondary it was like a man against boys...i mean a joke...they were fallin off him like flies...i'd like to see some tape of him against a legit corner...i'm a fan of that kid from iowa st i mentioned earlier...i think he's underrated in this corner class...i'm gonna take another look at that matchup...and i also think that offense helps blackmon to an extent...i think that offense helps everybody...i'm not sure i can find any tape of blackmon against bump and run but one would have to think with that body he can get off it...michael floyd...now i've seen plenty of evidence of him getting off the los very well against the jam etc...

the other thing though is last night against stanfords secondary it was like a man against boys...i mean a joke...they were fallin off him like flies...i'd like to see some tape of him against a legit corner...i'm a fan of that kid from iowa st i mentioned earlier...i think he's underrated in this corner class...i'm gonna take another look at that matchup...and i also think that offense helps blackmon to an extent...i think that offense helps everybody...i'm not sure i can find any tape of blackmon against bump and run but one would have to think with that body he can get off it...michael floyd...now i've seen plenty of evidence of him getting off the los very well against the jam etc...
Leonard Johnson is the kid from Iowa State who was playing out of his mind. It was the only game I've seen Iowa State play this year so I don't know how common that type of performance is for him but he was outstanding in that game.

But can you imagine a TO without the whole locker room cancer thing!!??. I love this guy more than AJ Green from last year because of his strength/speed combination. Frankly I liked Julio Jones a bit better than Green because of his size speed combination though both were awesome prospects. Only odd thing with yesterdays game was Blackmon going to the sideline late in the game for a blow. I get that part but thought it was strange when he was out 3-5 plays at crunch time.

But can you imagine a TO without the whole locker room cancer thing!!??. I love this guy more than AJ Green from last year because of his strength/speed combination. Frankly I liked Julio Jones a bit better than Green because of his size speed combination though both were awesome prospects. Only odd thing with yesterdays game was Blackmon going to the sideline late in the game for a blow. I get that part but thought it was strange when he was out 3-5 plays at crunch time.

Kid was playing his heart out and had one hell of a series before needing to come out. Don't think it was a lack of conditioning or character issue of any kind... simply was tired.... racking up 200 yards and 3 tds isn't easy, he was just gassed after that huge conversion.

I agree with Hoops about Stanfords secondary just being totally over-matched. Alludes to what im still taking the wait and see approach to, which sadly will probably have to be until the NFL, whether or not against better corners he can still beast it up.

Leonard Johnson is the kid from Iowa State who was playing out of his mind. It was the only game I've seen Iowa State play this year so I don't know how common that type of performance is for him but he was outstanding in that game.

yep...that kid caught my eye...i wonder if he'll be invited to the senior bowl week given a bunch of guys will likely pass like always...i'd like to see him in those one on one wr/db drills in press etc and see what kind of feet and hips he has out of his pedal etc...does he put his foot in the ground and burst out etc

Back
Top Bottom