*Official 'knocks' thread: 2012 Draft Prospects* | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official 'knocks' thread: 2012 Draft Prospects*

Leonard Johnson played well in that game but I felt like his performance is a little bit overrated. The real performers in that game were in my opinion linebackers Jake Knott and A.J. Klein, and safety Jacques Washington. Leonard Johnson did do well, he was one of the four guys on the defense that made an impact in that game...but he really wasn't the only one. In particular the job that Jake Knott did in man coverage on Justin Blackmon over the middle on the clinching interception in overtime...was incredible. Yes, that ball had been ever so slightly tipped at the line and slowed the speed of the pass down, but Knott was blanketing Blackmon as he crossed the middle, and it was Knott that closed on the ball, tipped it up and created the interception. And there were quite a few instances where A.J. Klein had used his film study to predict what the Cowboys were going to do, and then disguised his intentions to bait Weeden into something that he was ready for. Superb all around effort by those players.

I don't see Blackmon having any issues adjusting at the next level as his current strength along with his intense work ethic will give him an edge off the line. Although not super tall he goes after the ball and often gets it at its highest point. He's fearless over the middle and isnt afraid of contact after the catch either. I can see the T.O. comparrisons but any time you can get a uber-talented WR who also is a high character guy thats an awesome combo.

Unfortunately this is one of those years were the safety class(specifically free safety) is not especially strong. With all the debate with who to take with our first pick it sucks that there isnt an Eric berry or an earl Thomas coming out. It also seems that it's more strong safety top heavy.

So I'll bring up trumaine Johnson CB. Montana

Knocks: Obviously he comes from a small school whose best competition this year was Tennessee. He got injured toward the end of the year but the biggest red flag was when he got tasered back in October for disorderly conduct. There also might be issues in terms of consistency in his play. Think the combine is going to be very important for him but he might be a good value pick if he falls. He also might be able to transition to FS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom