'Official Miami Herald Mock Draft' | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'Official Miami Herald Mock Draft'

Maybe for measurements, but Barnett's game is more comparable to that of a Cameron Jordon.

Are you comparing Derek Barnett's game in college to Cameron Jordan in the NFL? Maybe, but that isn't the projection at all. Cameron Jordan is an inch taller with much greater length (Arm length 3 inches longer, that is dramatic), 30 lbs heavier and is faster, more explosive. There is very little comparison in these two players as far as measurables go. Cameron Jordan is a significantly better prospect at almost every measure and Barnett is not capable of doing what Jordan does in the pros, Jordan is strong vs the run and can play DE in a 4-3 or a 3-4.

How are you comparing the two?

I agree with Bill Polian, it would be very disappointing if we end up with Barnett or Harris in the 1st round.

Are you comparing Derek Barnett's game in college to Cameron Jordan in the NFL? Maybe, but that isn't the projection at all. Cameron Jordan is an inch taller with much greater length (Arm length 3 inches longer, that is dramatic), 30 lbs heavier and is faster, more explosive. There is very little comparison in these two players as far as measurables go. Cameron Jordan is a significantly better prospect at almost every measure and Barnett is not capable of doing what Jordan does in the pros..

How are you comparing the two?

Barnett to Jordan has nothing to do with measurements, that reference had to do with your simplistic comparison of Werner to Barnett.

I said Barnett's "game", in which it translates to Jordan's current playing profile.

Barnett to Jordan has nothing to do with measurements, that reference had to do with your simplistic comparison of Werner to Barnett.

I said Barnett's "game", in which it translates to Jordan's current playing profile.

It would help if you could explain what you think the similarities are in the two player's "game". The only player I can think of that has had a similar "game" as Barnett that has done well in the NFL is Terrell Suggs and that was as a 3-4 OLB with a dominant DL freeing him up. On the field Barnett does not remind me of Suggs though, Suggs carries 265 lbs much better than Barnett carries 259, Barnett appears to have a narrower fram and more trunk weight even though he is lighter.

How many players are deemed perfect the upcoming three days? I'll answer that; none. So, since not all players are perfect, something will take place this spring and summer into the fall...it's called practice and working on what you need to. Relax if Miami chooses a player you don't think is perfect. Drills, training camp and more are already on the schedule between now and the beginning of the season.

Back
Top Bottom