***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 197 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart stops when Jacory goes deep. With his injury, I feel just like I did when Penny got injured last year. We need to see something else.

Great win. Good teams play well on the road after a loss. I've posted that many times in regard to the NFL but it holds up in other sports, including basketball. From a wagering standpoint it's preferable to back them on the road than at home, if the previous game was a loss.

That being said, I was very surprised at the margin. Pitt looked decent in the stretches I saw against Utah. Some of my friends expected this, I did not.

* Jacory's picks looked just like last year. Maybe we'll eventually figure out he can't be asked to loop deep balls against competent secondaries. Save it for Duke, or worse.

* I thought Ryan Hill was an improvement over Van Dyke

* Figueroa at RT is a cruel joke. Keeping Henderson out of the lineup smacks of this year's stupid and stubborn Shannon brainstorm, like removing the names from jerseys for a year, or relegating Berry for so long.

* Clemson is the pivotal game of the year. The matchups are light years worse than this game, notably a big play QB who has already beaten us, a talented DL, and aggressive DBs who won't surrender the soft sideline mush. Whipple really needs to tailor that game plan perfectly. Plus there will be a tendency for overconfidence, coming off a win like this.

Garbage. Garbage. Garbage.

Lots of problems. Jacory Harris is trash. I actually feel bad for Shannon for once. It's that bad. I'm watching the replay on ESPNU right now. I'll watch the entire game again when I get back home on Monday. We may have won and won big but the score isn't exactly indicitative of how we played.

I just wish there was more competition at QB. Jacory does whatever he wants, because there is trash, trash, and trash on that depth chart.

I just wish there was more competition at QB. Jacory does whatever he wants, because there is trash, trash, and trash on that depth chart.

As much as I thought R. Marve was a thug and a problem child,he did provide
competition for Jacory.
I feel Jacory played better when he knew
Marve was looking over his shoulder.

I still think Jacory's flaws date back much further than a depth chart or Shannon. From the first time I saw him at Northwestern he's had less sense of urgency than any QB I can remember. Sometimes it looks calm and collected until you watch further and he simply doesn't grasp that some throws simply can't be made, others require more velocity, and turnovers are devastating. Jacory thinks he's forever at Northwestern, with a 40 point edge in talent nearly every week, playing somebody like Jackson, and eventually everything will work out wonderfully, through all the penalties and turnovers. Keep in mind they needed a bloody miracle in one playoff game to survive.

I'm not thrilled at the prospect of another Northwestern QB. I think many of the same traits will carry over. It's an undisciplined looking team that seldom pays attention to little details, like the kicking game. They rarely attempt an extra point.

I'm not thrilled at the prospect of another Northwestern QB. I think many of the same traits will carry over. It's an undisciplined looking team that seldom pays attention to little details, like the kicking game. They rarely attempt an extra point.

I don't think Bridgewater is a good fit for our offense, but that's me.

Personally not thrilled about Bridewater either. I think he's a great talent but we keep taking these QB's who are so accustomed to playing in the shotgun and then we take them and stick them under center. Jacory played damn near every snap from the shotgun at Northwestern and now Miami was to run the pro style offense. I'm fine with the pro style offense, but we need a QB who fits into our system.

Personally not thrilled about Bridewater either. I think he's a great talent but we keep taking these QB's who are so accustomed to playing in the shotgun and then we take them and stick them under center. Jacory played damn near every snap from the shotgun at Northwestern and now Miami was to run the pro style offense. I'm fine with the pro style offense, but we need a QB who fits into our system.

Bingo. Bridgewater would make a nice WR in our offense, but not a QB. There's got to be a decent pro-style QB we can bring in to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom