Official NCAA Tournament Thread | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official NCAA Tournament Thread

LOL

So an organization (the NCAA) that is so inept they can't investigate anything properly and can't even govern themselves some how managed to rig a couple of basketball games for one team.

How big are those tinfoil hats you guys are wearing? I mean why did you even watch the game? Don't you have a bigfoot hunt to go on or a 9/11 conspiracy website to read?

Yes the goaltending call at the beginning of the game was missed but that was a very fast play and the goaltend was pretty close. Refs get those wrong all of the time (seriously did you not watch any college basketball this season?) and the foul call on Burke's block was probably the worst call of the game. No excuse for that call, but then again there was plenty of time left in the game and to say that missed call would have meant anything one way or the other is getting into Lady Cleo future tellling territory. You just simply don't know.

The refs missed plenty of stuff on U of L's end of the court too. Behanan was fouled on most of his rebounds and put backs in the second half. Siva was fouled on alot of his drives in the paint in the second half. It goes both ways.

I'll say it again: the refs weren't the ones failing to block Chane off of the boards...they weren't the ones failing to keep Siva from getting into the paint almost at will...they weren't the ones screwing up the coaching in the last 2 minutes of the game...the refs weren't the ones failing to adjust to the high ball screen...that's all on UM.

Only whiners and sore losers blame the refs.

Anthony Grant is a better coach than Steve Alford.

Not sure Alabama would hire Steve Alford.

I'm not sure why anyone would hire Steve Alford. UCLA's AD should be fired, they could have had a much better coach than Alford had they just waiting a few weeks. I guess they just got antsy after USC scooped up Andy Enfield from FGCU. I thought that was kind of a quick hire too, but who knows. Don't mistake UCLA's hiring of a bad coach as "settling". It was just a stupid, bad hire.

Anthony Grant is a better coach than Steve Alford.

Not sure Alabama would hire Steve Alford.

'Bama would have done cartwheels if they could have gotten Alford a few years ago.

I'm not a big Alford guy but for some reason UCLA was in a rush once they couldn't get Shaka. What big name guys were available this offseason? None.

What big name guys were available this offseason? None.

AGAIN...what does that have to do with anything?

If the UCLA and Florida jobs are both open, Florida is the more appealing job today and they get a better coach than UCLA.

AGAIN...what does that have to do with anything?

If the UCLA and Florida jobs are both open, Florida is the more appealing job today and they get a better coach than UCLA.

It's not, if UF was open they'd get Anthony Grant. he's not a bigger name or better coach than Alford. UCLA's last hire they took a major college coach away from a major program, UF has never done that.

So you're telling me, that if Donovan left today, that Florida would hire Anthony Grant simply because that's who they were going a couple of years ago? Over the course of a couple of seasons, NOTHING has changed? Florida would automatically offer Anthony Grant the job and wouldn't interview others because NOTHING has changed in a couple of years lol. Amazing.

UCLA is not the job that it once was. Many moons ago, UCLA was considered to be a elite college basketball job. Now, not so much. Florida, Louisville, Kentucky, Duke...all better jobs. Things change in life. These a JOBS. Great companies don't always stay great. UCLA is no different.

So you're telling me, that if Donovan left today, that Florida would hire Anthony Grant simply because that's who they were going a couple of years ago? Over the course of a couple of seasons, NOTHING has changed? Florida would automatically offer Anthony Grant the job and wouldn't interview others because NOTHING has changed in a couple of years lol. Amazing.

UCLA is not the job that it once was. Many moons ago, UCLA was considered to be a elite college basketball job. Now, not so much. Florida, Louisville, Kentucky, Duke...all better jobs. Things change in life. These a JOBS. Great companies don't always stay great. UCLA is no different.

who would they get? do you think Smart or Stevens are leaving for UF? who would they get?

UCLA is not North Carolina but Alabama wasn't old UM or FSU a few years back and now 'Bama is a great program again, the same thing will happen at UCLA w/ the right coach.

I don't know who they'd get.

But they'd get someone better than Steve Alford.

I think Brad Stevens would take the Florida job. Smart, no. Not sure what his deal is. It's pretty laughable that he believes he can win big at VCU, though.

why would Stevens settle for UF job when he could have had UCLA job or get better jobs as older coaches like K, Roy Williams, Pitino, etc... are going to start retiring in the next 5-7 years?

why would Stevens settle for UF job when he could have had UCLA job or get better jobs as older coaches like K, Roy Williams, Pitino, etc... are going to start retiring in the next 5-7 years?

So then why did Stevens pass up the UCLA job if it's so great? So you're saying that Duke, North Carolina and Louisville are better jobs than UCLA?

You're making new arguments than I'm not even trying to argue lol. Typical for you, though. I never said that Florida was a better job than Duke, North Carolina, Louisville...I said that right now, it's a better job than UCLA.

So then why did Stevens pass up the UCLA job if it's so great? So you're saying that Duke, North Carolina and Louisville are better jobs than UCLA?

You're making new arguments than I'm not even trying to argue lol. Typical for you, though. I never said that Florida was a better job than Duke, North Carolina, Louisville...I said that right now, it's a better job than UCLA.

The point is those young guys can have an opportunity at the best jobs in the Country- why would they settle for a football school in Gainesville?

UCLA is a better job than UF. They are both excellent jobs though.

The point is those young guys can have an opportunity at the best jobs in the Country- why would they settle for a football school in Gainesville?

UCLA is a better job than UF. They are both excellent jobs though.

All you have ever seen in these types of discussions are the sports side of things. You see all the UCLA history and tradition.

You don't see the bigger picture of the state, your surroundings, the taxes. California is a bad place to live these days. Taxes out there are absurd. The great state of Florida has always been a prime place to relocate. No state taxes are VERY appealing to a lot of people making lots of money.

All you have ever seen in these types of discussions are the sports side of things. You see all the UCLA history and tradition.

You don't see the bigger picture of the state, your surroundings, the taxes. California is a bad place to live these days. Taxes out there are absurd. The great state of Florida has always been a prime place to relocate. No state taxes are VERY appealing to a lot of people making lots of money.

so why would Frank Haith leave UM for Mizzou? why would Urban Meyer leave UF? why would the Fla GC coach leave for USC?
I'm not disputing Gainesville is a great place to live and that there are a million great places in Fla but there's more to it than just that or the state of Florida's teams would have the best coaches in all sports which clearly they don't despite having a billion teams.

So an organization (the NCAA) that is so inept they can't investigate anything properly and can't even govern themselves some how managed to rig a couple of basketball games for one team.

All part of the plan. That exactly what THEY wan you to think.

[video=youtube;a1Y73sPHKxw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw[/video]

so why would Frank Haith leave UM for Mizzou? why would Urban Meyer leave UF? why would the Fla GC coach leave for USC?
I'm not disputing Gainesville is a great place to live and that there are a million great places in Fla but there's more to it than just that or the state of Florida's teams would have the best coaches in all sports which clearly they don't despite having a billion teams.

Missouri is a better job than Miami. USC is a better job than Florida Gulf Coast. Those jobs are leaps and bounds better than the jobs they left. Miami and Florida Gulf Coast haven't attracted top tier recruits in the way that UCLA and Florida have and can. Urban Meyer left Florida for whatever personal reasons he came up with. Then he took a year off and then took the Ohio State job (a better job IMO).

UCLA and Florida are on a pretty level playing field. Obviously the football job is one of the premier jobs in the country and far better than the football gig at UCLA, but UCLA basketball has fallen so far and Florida basketball has risen tremendously. When you consider everything, Florida has surpassed UCLA. It's not like UCLA has recruited like a premier program. They did very well with last year's class but other than that...why is Florida doing a lot better in recruiting? If UCLA is a premier job, then they're a premier program who lands premier kids. As of late, that's just not the case.

Today, Florida is a better job.

Back
Top Bottom