Official NCAA Tournament Thread | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official NCAA Tournament Thread

mizzou is to Miami as UCLA is to Florida. Mizzou is not a great job and w/ all you discussed as far as taxes, location, etc... why would a coach leave for Missouri?

UCLA is still a better job than UF, right now UF is a better program b/c they have a better person leading their program but Donovan would find recruiting a heck of a lot easier at UCLA and he would be going to FFs somewhat consistently.

Then why aren't the current coaches at UCLA finding recruiting fairly easy? They seem to be doing a failry mediocre job at it.

Why was Ben Howland fired? Why was Howland fired after winning the outright PAC12 title? Five Final Fours in 37 years. Howland responsible for three of those. Why does UCLA still have this belief that they can win championships like this is the John Wooden era lol. Who wants to work under an athletic department that operates in such a manner? They're bringing themselves down. They're bringing the value of the job down.

Also, I think Frank Haith was willing to take any job to get out of Miami because he knew the **** storm was coming quickly. You do have to weigh all options, taxes, locations, etc. Missouri's state income tax isn't as bad as California and the cost of living in Missouri is much cheaper than that of Florida. Cost of living in California is thru the roof and far above what the cost of living in Florida is...on top of outrageous income tax.

Howland recruited pretty damn well, he got the #1 recruit in the nation this past year, NBA rosters are littered w/ UCLA players- quality ones- since he went there.

Howland was fired for other reasons, he had some spats w/ coaches in UCLA hotspots for recruiting and it affected recruiting the last few years but overall he brought in a ton of talent. Much more than he ever had at Pitt.

Outside of last season, UCLA isn't recruiting as well as Florida.

You'd think with UCLA being a better job than Florida, they'd get better players.

Outside of last season, UCLA isn't recruiting as well as Florida.

You'd think with UCLA being a better job than Florida, they'd get better players.

Howland at UCLA 2003-04 season through 2012-13 season(11 seasons):
I will leave off kapono & Barnes since they were there when he arrived
NBA players:
Trevor Ariza
Dijon Thompson
Ryan Hollins
Jordan Farmar
Cedric Bozeman
Arron Afflalo
Russell Westbrook
Luc Mbah a Moute
Kevin Love
Jrue Holiday
Darren Collison
Malcom lee
Tyler Honeycutt
13 in 11 seasons

Billy Donovan 1996-97 through 2012-13(17 seasons)
NBA players:
Donnell Harvey
Udonis Haslem
Matt Bonner
Matt Walsh
Anthony Roberson
David Lee
Chris Richard
Joakim Noah
Al Horford
Taurean Green
Corey Brewer
Marreese Speights
Chandler Parsons
Vernon Macklin
Bradley Beal
15 in 17 seasons

who is having more success?

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Superfan!!!
s15mol-1.jpg

so let's assume Larkin returns, tell me about UM's returning players? I'm anxious to see the same thought process you use to evaluate football, I am eager to learn new things about CBB from you!

Are you trying to intimate that my consideration of the Canes is as speciously homeristic and subjectively superficial as yours is regarding what constitutes a 3 year run of "elitism" or a top 10 QB?? Hmm, .

you are obviously being a homer for a team you barely knew existed before this year and as I suspected you cannot give me a reason why UM will be a top team if Larkin returns. The deflections continue...

If Larkin stays, it's the Canes' trophy to lose.

Well, I'll see your Larkin and raise you a Russ Smith is returning. I think the defending champs might have something to say about your "trophy to lose". LOL.

Well, I'll see your Larkin and raise you a Russ Smith is returning. I think the defending champs might have something to say about your "trophy to lose". LOL.

Miami w/ or w/o larkin isn't anywhere near the Nat'l Title discussion. They had their shot last year and they blew it against a team they were much better than.

Congrats on Smith returning, I don't see UL going back to back but they are FF contenders.

Miami w/ or w/o larkin isn't anywhere near the Nat'l Title discussion. They had their shot last year and they blew it against a team they were much better than.

Congrats on Smith returning, I don't see UL going back to back but they are FF contenders.

We could very well go back to back. Since Russ is coming back we return 76% of our scoring, 73% of our rebounds, 69% of our steals, and 50% of our assists. We add the #1 JUCO player in the country in PG Chris Jones (he was originally recruited by TN out of high school), 2 prolific shooters/scorers, and a PF that can shoot the 3. Our starting center will be a 6'10" African kid that red-shirted this season (playing against Dieng everyday in practice) and is better offensively than Gorgui was at this point in his college career. We're a top 5 team and very much in the National Title conversation.

Back
Top Bottom