*** OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD *** Day Two | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD *** Day Two

Jimmy Johnson once traded the following years 1st rd pick in order to get a pick in the early second round. He used that pick to draft Surtain; a player he had a strong conviction on.
Is there a player that fell out of the 1st rd last night, that might be worth giving up next years' 1st rd pick for? Lamp, perhaps or McDowell

People would freak out if we did this, but I would be all for it if it nets us a first round talent at a position of need right now.

People would freak out if we did this, but I would be all for it if it nets us a first round talent at a position of need right now.

I was really opening the discussion for opinions, I only mentioned Lamp and McDowell, simply because they were the 1st 2 names that came to mind as players who were projected as 1st rounders.
Another possibility is trading next yrs 2nd to get an early 3rd tonight.

I'd give a 1st but you have to give me more then your 2nd this year. 2nd and 4th this year is the starting point

Last year's Caroo trade is really biting Miami in the backside right now like we all knew it would

If they stop here with the receivers, I think we'll be OK. If they take ANOTHER WR in the third, I'll be pretty upset.

And I am not one for draft day hysterics.

It's so strange to think about, but the Browns and 49ers had probably the two best drafts yesterday.

It's so strange to think about, but the Browns and 49ers had probably the two best drafts yesterday.

I said that about Jacksonville last year. Thought they'd be in the playoffs with everything they did in the offseason.

And boy, was I wrong.

Only time will tell how good the draft are. But yes browns appear to have done well

Only time will tell how good the draft are. But yes browns appear to have done well

I am more impressed by the Browns than I am by the 49ers. Lynch wasn't going to take Foster at #2-3. I don't buy that BS for one second.

Kudos to Lynch for fleecing the Bears, though. He did a great job for his first draft, but I like the Browns first round more.

49er fans are very, very happy right now. Lots of praise to Lynch for selling that pick to Chicago and getting so much in return. If Foster stays healthy for them, they have certainly done a lot to get their defense going. I think they gauged the quarterback situation correctly. Why force the pick?

As for Miami, I really want one of those top safeties in round two. Jones maybe? That said, Feeney, Eflein or Johnson would fill a big need at guard.

Honestly, I might just double-up with another pass rusher depending on who makes it to #54.

I keep seeing all the people saying they want a guard at 54 and they're going to be let down because our FO doesn't want to draft one that early. They want defense, defense and more defense and I can't blame them. Our defense was horrible last year so we need help.

Ozzy rules!!

I keep seeing all the people saying they want a guard at 54 and they're going to be let down because our FO doesn't want to draft one that early. They want defense, defense and more defense and I can't blame them. Our defense was horrible last year so we need help.

Ozzy rules!!

If we draft every position, defense, will we have a better record than last season?

If we draft every position, defense, will we have a better record than last season?

I don't know. We could have a better team next season and not win 10 games with the schedule we have. I never said we should draft defense with every pick. I said the FO wants defense as much as possible. I'd love for us to draft a guard but I just don't see it happening at 54. It might happen at 97 but again, that's not a sure thing. We do need help on defense as they were horrible last year. You need defense to win in the playoffs. Are you suggesting we need offense more than we need defense at this point?

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom