***Official NHL 2013-14 Thread*** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official NHL 2013-14 Thread***

Damn ... 115:06 of shutout hockey to start the year.

3-1

LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!

GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!

Adams adds the empty netter for the 'ol "Katie, bar the door!!!!"

4-1

LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!

:lol:

... Aaaaaand after an 0-3-0 start, the Flyers have fired their coach. #dumpsterfire

:lol2:

:lol:

... Aaaaaand after an 0-3-0 start, the Flyers have fired their coach. #dumpsterfire

:lol2:
It has not been a good start to say the least. I thought they would either fire him before the season started or give him a larger amount of games like 10-15. I would like to hope the players will respond to this because if they can't beat Florida, it's going to be a looong season.

Pens vs. Canes tonight.

LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!

GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAL!

Jokinen starts it out!

1-0

LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!

GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!

Martin adds one on a 4-on-4!!

2-0

LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!

GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!

Jokinen scores again to retake the lead!!!

3-2

LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!

GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!

Insurance goals are the best - thank you Tanner Glass!!!!

4-2

LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!

GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!

Jokinen with the HAT TRICK!!!!!

5-2, 6:57 left

LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!

:woohoo:

VICTORY!

5-2, Final.

PENS WIN!
PENS WIN!
PENS WIN!

Very late, but I wanted to comment on the Flyers coaching change; Paul Holmgren is making a desperate attempt to save his job. They're organization is so ass backwardly run sometimes. After they destroyed us (Penguins) a few years ago after trading Richards and Carter away they felt they were on the upswing. But with Pronger's health issues they just never were able to replace his leadership. Claude Giroux is an awesome player, but he's not really a captain. The team also lacks quality defensemen and that Bryz contract unsurprisingly backfired on them.

Also having some contact with people in the Flyers organization, reportedly Holmgren was convinced last year that he would be able to sign 1 if not both of Shea Weber and Steven Stamkos. They did sign Weber to an offer sheet but the Preds matched the offer.

As for the Pens, I actually like the chemistry this year better than last year's team down the stretch. Yes they had an awesome win streak last year, but once everybody was healthy and all the trades were made, the team chemistry seemed off to me especially in the playoffs. I just think one too many moves were made and Danny B tried way too hard to fit certain guys into the lineup over guys who probably should have been playing (Beau Bennett and Jussi Jokinen both had some DNPs, as did Joe Vitale). IIRC, when Sid got back from the jaw injury, they also messed with the lines a bit.

Also impressed with Olli Maatta. Didn't think he'd make the team over Depres or Poulliot, but he's looked good. Depres IMO has been a huge disappointment considering his hype.

Very late, but I wanted to comment on the Flyers coaching change; Paul Holmgren is making a desperate attempt to save his job. They're organization is so ass backwardly run sometimes. After they destroyed us (Penguins) a few years ago after trading Richards and Carter away they felt they were on the upswing. But with Pronger's health issues they just never were able to replace his leadership. Claude Giroux is an awesome player, but he's not really a captain. The team also lacks quality defensemen and that Bryz contract unsurprisingly backfired on them.

Also having some contact with people in the Flyers organization, reportedly Holmgren was convinced last year that he would be able to sign 1 if not both of Shea Weber and Steven Stamkos. They did sign Weber to an offer sheet but the Preds matched the offer.

As for the Pens, I actually like the chemistry this year better than last year's team down the stretch. Yes they had an awesome win streak last year, but once everybody was healthy and all the trades were made, the team chemistry seemed off to me especially in the playoffs. I just think one too many moves were made and Danny B tried way too hard to fit certain guys into the lineup over guys who probably should have been playing (Beau Bennett and Jussi Jokinen both had some DNPs, as did Joe Vitale). IIRC, when Sid got back from the jaw injury, they also messed with the lines a bit.

Also impressed with Olli Maatta. Didn't think he'd make the team over Depres or Poulliot, but he's looked good. Depres IMO has been a huge disappointment considering his hype.
As a Flyers fan, I am on my last nerve with Holmgren. He makes a lot of questionable roster moves every year, but some work and some don't. Who would have thought that so far this year, goaltending isn't a problem for the Flyers? I can only hope they play better under Berube.

Back
Top Bottom