*OFFICIAL* Rose Bowl Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*OFFICIAL* Rose Bowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kastofsna120 said:
they've done nothing to deserve it. neither have the patriots

yea, my bad, i forgot. :D

seriously, at what point to people stop hating winners and learn to respect them?

i used to hate the patriots, but after all theyve accomplished, i just plain out respect them, the same with USC.

Nappy Roots said:
yea, my bad, i forgot. :D

seriously, at what point to people stop hating winners and learn to respect them?

i used to hate the patriots, but after all theyve accomplished, i just plain out respect them, the same with USC.
also, after this game, people aren't going to pick against USC for a while. it's like when everyone picked the colts against the pats, or picked the eagles against the pats, or whatever. fact is: they don't lose when it matters. whether it's brady or belechick, or leinart or carroll, they'll find a way to win. and in this case, that will be in a BLOWOUT. texas has no shot whatsoever. very disappointing end to the college season

Nappy Roots said:
USCs opponents were head and shoulders above Texas's opponents this year. Texas played Ohio State, thats it.
Ohio State made it to a BCS game and won which none of USC's opponents did. Oregon got upset by Oklahoma who was beatin by Texas. So you can definitely say that Texas had the better schedule and the proof is in the results of the bowl season

game set and match, see ya tommorrow after Texas beats USC

nick1 said:
Ohio State made it to a BCS game and won which none of USC's opponents did. Oregon got upset by Oklahoma who was beatin by Texas. So you can definitely say that Texas had the better schedule and the proof is in the results of the bowl season

:sidelol:

no, not at all.

Miami Beat Virgina Tech, who won their bowl game, but UM lost easily in theirs. . . . . what does that say?

Georgia beat LSU easily, who then turned around and killed UM. GA lost to WV, what does that say?

bowl games mean that those teams were outplayed on that day, nothing else.

They said Iowa was going to beat USC. NOPE they got destroyed.
They said Michigan was going to beat USC. NOPE won by 2 TD.
They said OU was going to beat USC. NOPE That was a massacre.

west virginia crushed georgia. but west virginia barely beat louisville in overtime. however, USF destroyed louisville. so you can say USF is better than georgia, which means they're better than auburn, which means they're better than alabama, which means they're better than texas tech, which means they're better than nebraska, which means they're better than michigan, which means they're better than penn state, which means they're better than USF....wait, they're back to square one! it's like the kevin bacon game

nick1 said:

game set and match, see ya tommorrow after Texas beats USC

One difference Oregon wasnt playing for anything. BCS bowl games and a regular bowl game are WAY different. BCS game mean something. Of course oregan didnt play hard the game didnt matter. Oregon lost to 1 team that USC they should played ohio state. They got robbed.

the last 3 holiday bowls have had teams that were screwed over by the BCS, and all 3 times those teams lost. coincidence? when you're shut out of the BCS, i doubt you're that excited to be in the holiday bowl

Nappy Roots said:
35 straight wins and 3 straight National champions, and people are complaining about the media washing USCs balls?

Yep, the media has scrubbed their balls so much that people think that USC has already won 3 straight National Championships, when they havn't even won the "3rd" one yet, and they havn't even won back to back *cough* LSU *cough*

kastofsna120 said:
i doubt young has 100 yards in either rushing or passing

C'mon Kast, even if Texas loses Vince will get AT LEAST a 100 in one or the other.

Agent51 said:
Even if Texas loses Vince will get AT LEAST a 100 in one or the other.

Yeah I say he goes about 180 passing and 60 running

1st
Texas comes out early scores with a vince young run
USC storms right back with a big reggie bush run
2nd
USC Kicks a FG

Half Time USC up 10-7

3rd
Texas comes out scores with a Vince Young TD throw to some WR
USC scores another TD from Leinart pass to dwayne jarrett - USC up 17-14

4th
Texas scores one more time with another vince young run late in the game - Texas goes up 21-17 with about 8 minutes left
USC comes out again fired up now and leinart throws another td this time to Steve Smith - USC up 24-21
USC with 3 minutes left Reggie Bush caps it off with a big 60 yard TD run
Vince young storms down the field and throws an int his 3rd of the day and the game is over

;)

Okay, anyone read this yet?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls05/news/story?id=2267500

What a JOKE. It's one thing to list facts on why a team will win (like the pro-texas guy does) but the pro-USC guy should have never gotten a journalism job. Seriously, the article is to compare the teams and why one or the other will win. The guy who says USC will win has the following points (paraphrased):

1: USC has a better fight song and mascot
Yea, ok, cuz last time I checked the mascots and the band played the game...............

2: USC has the better offensive line because they have one all american and THREE all conference players (one being the all american guy) and have had 141 collective starts and only allowed 15 sacks this season and Texas only has one all american and has 150 colective starts and only allowed 14 sacks this year.
So lemme get this straight, because Texas doesn't have 2 all CONFERENCE players and their line has nine MORE collective games played together and they have allowed one LESS sack this year than USC's line that makes USC's line better? :shakeno:

3: LenDale, Jarret, Smith and Byrd would all be superstars if not in the shadows of Leinart and Bush and Byrd hasn't caught a TD since the Orange Bowl last year "so he's due."
OK, the rest of them being stars and in Bush and Leinart's shadow is the ONLY valid point so far but all of the sudden Byrd is a threat because he hasn't caught a TD since this time LAST YEAR and "he's due"? Seriously, does this guy even know about sports?

4: Texas has Matthew McConaughey and USC has Will Ferrell so USC will win because Will is funny and chicks like funny, and USC has "song girls" and Texas doesn't.
Again, the celebrities and "song girls" don't play the game so that's a freakin moot point.

Those are the first 4 (20-17) of his top 20 reasons USC will win. I haven't even gotten to reasons 16-1 yet. It is clear this guy is reaching and has no clue about actually analyzing football, unless somehow he comes up with amazing statistical analysis on the next pages. The sad part is, it's USC, all he would have to do to "sound" like he knows anything about football is recite their offensive stats or their win-streak or their players awards/acheivements and anyone reading it would think he was legit, but he can't even do that, he has to talk about USC's mascot being fast and Texas' being a big slow, well, Longhorn, what a douche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom